Thread: What did you do to your e36 today?

My Cars
    2003 E46 M3 / E30 Vert
    Quote Originally Posted by Moron95M3 View Post
    I wish all us BF'ers were a drive away <3

Cleaned up a bit...this car could actually turn into a real race car this summer.
    If only </3 :/

But are those rondells?! At least the racecar looks the part! What are your plans with it, its a lemons car right?

My Cars
    E36
    Yep^^ They're rondell 58's I used to have on my M3 (still technically my Ax wheels). They have some old RE-11's so racecar will run them.

Yea...lemons car is the idea. I may just get it built, have some fun AXing or tracking, and sell it (have other cars coming into my garage and need the room...getting my 325iC back to fix/sell, getting an M5 as a new summer DD fun car (M3 will get a break) and getting my old porsche in the garage to restore/possibly sell as it's worth what my house costs...).
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    99 328is, 03 X5
    Somehow a bolt broke loose of the tack weld on the Vorshlag camber plates (bolt rings). Ordered a new set to arrive next week... hopefully before the rest of the OBD1 stuff shows up.

I will be testing some prototype parts for Garagistic @ the next Bimmer Challenge event on 3/31, so be on the lookout for those.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    New shoes. 18x8.5 et30. Do I need 10mm spacers? 15mm seem too much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My Cars
    98' M3/4/5, 85' 944
    This was yesterday but took it out to Willow Springs and beat it like it owed me money. Last Session I got a warning light and didnt know what it was but the car was still good so i kept on flogging, brakes started to get a little soft towards the end figured it was just fade. I guess the warning light was for the brake pad sensor when I got off the track it was metal on metal both sides. Limped it home 115 miles luckily didnt need to panic stop cause it would not have ended well.

IMG_20180315_142105.jpg
    IMG_20180315_212830.jpg

New pads and rotors ordered last night from Rockauto should be here tomorrow. Cheapie Centric C-Tek rotors cause ive had good luck with them on other cars and some decent stop tech metallic pads. Well see how that setup works Im getting to the point where im tired of bleeding cash.

Few days ago put in new belts and a Mishimoto electric fan....the fan shroud didnt fit the aluminum radiator that was in the car so I ordered a new mishimoto radiator and put that in as well. Also bought a fender roller and in a hurry rolling fenders before i had to leave for the track i messed up one of the fenders. Makes me sick when i look at it.

Today I picked up the exhaust i ordered looks awesome impressed with the build quality cant wait to install it prob gonna throw it on tomorrow with the brakes.

IMG_20180316_160909.jpg

IMG_20180316_160938.jpg

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    I had a oil leak coming from inside the transmission, which I assumed was a rear main seal. Replaced that today. First time doing a trans job on a lift and man it’s worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E36, E70, i3
    Finally addressed my coolant leak. Real hard to motivate myself when it's below 30 out.

I think this little notch in the corner was the problem. Threw some rtv around the whole thing anyways. I'll bleed and wash it tomorrow.

Oh and what did I see when I started up the car for the first time in a month? Bunch of smoke from the exhaust manifold. Good thing I already have a valve cover gasket ready to go. Also hood struts decided to stop working. Just never ends.

Sent from the dark side of the Moon

My Cars
    99 328is, 03 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by BacDoc View Post
    New shoes. 18x8.5 et30. Do I need 10mm spacers? 15mm seem too much.
    Only if the wheel or tire touches the strut, spring or perch.

Quote Originally Posted by tvcasualty View Post
    This was yesterday but took it out to Willow Springs and beat it like it owed me money.
    I love that track, lots of history, extremely fast. Nothing quite like being flat out through Turn 8 @ 125+mph. Looking forward to Bimmer Challenge there on the 3/31. Need to better the 1:34 I ran last year on street tires.

FCPEuro does lifetime replacement on parts if you get tired of bleeding cash, pick up consumables from them. I run Brembo blank rotors from them, since my current race pads like to go through rotors fairly often.

My Cars
    98' M3/4/5, 85' 944
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Neverlift View Post

I love that track, lots of history, extremely fast. Nothing quite like being flat out through Turn 8 @ 125+mph. Looking forward to Bimmer Challenge there on the 3/31. Need to better the 1:34 I ran last year on street tires.

FCPEuro does lifetime replacement on parts if you get tired of bleeding cash, pick up consumables from them. I run Brembo blank rotors from them, since my current race pads like to go through rotors fairly often.

I need to install the driver mod cause I definitely wasnt doing 125 in that turn. I did get faster as the day went on so thats good. I watched a youtube turn by turn tutorial of the track when i got home and i pretty much took every turn wrong lots of speed left on the table. It was insanely fun though cant wait to go back.

My Cars
    '07 328i
    WP_20180317_12_58_02_Pro.jpg
    Still soldiering on
    Last edited by AdrianE36; 03-17-2018 at 04:50 PM.
    E36 328iS- Sold :(
    E92 328i 6MT- Work In Progress

"If you have to fight the urge to look back at your car as you walk away, you bought the right car."

/
    //

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianE36 View Post
    WP_20180317_12_58_02_Pro.jpg
    Still soldiering on
    You ready for autocross yet or what? There's another event at Tobay tomorrow, but I won't be going cuz I'm sick as a dog. However there's two next month on sundays also at Tobay.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Neverlift View Post
    Only if the wheel or tire touches the strut, spring perch.
    Its close without spacers. Had my slicks mounted but haven't had a minute to put them on yet.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdish View Post
    Fixed the driver side power window after putting it off for months.

That might have been the most frustrating bit of maintenance I've ever done on a car.
    Any tips?? Im trying to do mine. Ive got the new regulator installed but I can't get it aligned properly and the glads pops off the track when i move it

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i
    First wash in 3 years...

Another first car wash in a loooong time

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E21 323i, E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by XnWarden View Post
    Any tips?? Im trying to do mine. Ive got the new regulator installed but I can't get it aligned properly and the glads pops off the track when i move it
    There are two clicks to pop the regulator fully into the clip, I used channel locks for the second one. My process that finally worked was pulling the motor out, fully bolting the regulator and clips in, and checking to see if the clips popped out at any point, then bending the regulator to fit better before pulling stuff out and putting the motor back in. Position of the regulator also matters, especially the attached track that can pivot and be bolted in at different angles.

The late motors like mine have a sensor inside to determine the position of the regulator and that has to also be functioning and aligned properly. One of mine was bad and would just move a little at a time so I used a good spare. There are DIYs online to fix them though.

Put the bolts on the inside and nuts on the outside so they don't hit the regulator. Also, clean out old lubricant and relubricate everything with something safe for the plastic sliders and water resistant. You also need to check the front rubber/felt track to make sure it's properly aligned inside the metal holder. The rear metal one with the rollers in it seems to be a little loose-fitting intentionally.

This would have been so much easier if the PO would have replaced the clips when they broke instead of continuing to use the window and bending the regulator.
    Last edited by hotdish; 03-18-2018 at 11:50 AM.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    New shoes for the track.

My Cars
    1996 318i vert with m44
    Well guys said to say but some idiot pulled a hit n run on my 318i my insurance is having it towed tomorrow I hope they don't total it out and god have mercy on the idiot that hit my baby if I find him before the cops do.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe

Valve Cover gasket
    Spark plugs
    Ignition coil boot

My Cars
    '07 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by th3turk View Post

Valve Cover gasket
    Spark plugs
    Ignition coil boot

Damn that head is clean!! How many miles are on the motor?
    E36 328iS- Sold :(
    E92 328i 6MT- Work In Progress

"If you have to fight the urge to look back at your car as you walk away, you bought the right car."

/
    //

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianE36 View Post
    Damn that head is clean!! How many miles are on the motor?
    Thank you! I was happy to see it like that as well. 21k on the motor

Here’s my old s52 with 203k, which was also very clean for the mileage. Good oil and proper oil change intervals are key!

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Added a wang. Goes for paint tomorrow.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3/2/5
    Added a wang. Goes for paint tomorrow.

Who made that? Should look really nice

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2003 E46 M3 / E30 Vert
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty S50 View Post
    CDV Delete (Clutch Delay Valve)

Began Bleeding Clutch, as it dropped to the Floor which was expected. Tried for about 30 minutes (by myself) then gave up. Gonna give it another go today with my Motive Power Bleeder since i have no one to help me
    Finally Got around to this as it had been raining, and I actually wanted to wait, as I have been wanting to Upgrade my Clutch Line to a Stainless Steel Line and Didnt want to bleed it twice. Luckily Ireland Engineering Is around the Corner From me, So i was able to pick up a SS line today, get home and Bleed.

Conditions for Driveway work havent been ideal, but i was determined.

Got the New Line in place

And I actually Flushed and Bled both the Brakes and Clutch. My "anti Get - Wet Floor Bag" actually worked great; being by myself I used my Motiv bleeder and it worked great, even for bleeding the Slave. I have good pressure back in my clutch, and everything seems to be engaging ok.

Havent really driven it, so i cant report on the CDV, But ill be pulling it out tomorrow and we will see then.

While looking into things, i came across these "Speed Bleeders". Anyone out there have these?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-speed-bl...d-each/sb7100/

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty S50 View Post
    Finally Got around to this as it had been raining, and I actually wanted to wait, as I have been wanting to Upgrade my Clutch Line to a Stainless Steel Line and Didnt want to bleed it twice. Luckily Ireland Engineering Is around the Corner From me, So i was able to pick up a SS line today, get home and Bleed.

Conditions for Driveway work havent been ideal, but i was determined.

Got the New Line in place

And I actually Flushed and Bled both the Brakes and Clutch. My "anti Get - Wet Floor Bag" actually worked great; being by myself I used my Motiv bleeder and it worked great, even for bleeding the Slave. I have good pressure back in my clutch, and everything seems to be engaging ok.

Havent really driven it, so i cant report on the CDV, But ill be pulling it out tomorrow and we will see then.

While looking into things, i came across these "Speed Bleeders". Anyone out there have these?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-speed-bl...d-each/sb7100/
    Speed bleeders are excellent, and have been around for some time. It's great to be able to bleed your brakes by yourself. You can flush the entire system, just keep filling the tank and pumping it through.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineM3OldAsMe View Post
    Who made that? Should look really nice

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Its the Duraflex fiberglass one. Not the one I want, but the one I needed right now. lol

Page 643 of 707 FirstFirst ... 143543593618633634635636637638639640641642643644645646647648649650651652653668693 ... LastLast