Thread: What did you do to your e36 today?

My Cars
    1994 BMW E36 318i

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys!
    Anyone have dashboard for sale?

My Cars
    1995 bmw 325i, bmw e46
    hey i have a bmw e36 and e46 both 325i i wanna know if the radiators are interchangeable

- - - Updated - - -

hey i have a bmw e36 and e46 both 325i i wanna know if the radiators are interchangeable

My Cars
    1994 BMW E36 318i
    Use etk bro

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i
    Got some new rims on the apex group buy for my black S52 swap. Super stoked about these, got some new 245/40/17 square Michelin pilot sport 4s to go with them. Also got a new hellrot 3 series I will post pics of soon.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    96 318i E36,99 318is E36
    Started pulling the current m50 ready for a new heart. Didn't realise until now how well the previous owner took care of this engine, it's a shame to replace it. It even has the top of the line, premium BMW rust-coloured Coolant!

IMG_20190223_155724.jpg

My Cars
    '07 328i
    IMG_20190222_172041.jpgIMG_20190222_171908.jpg
    Pics are from yesterday, but my 36 went to its new owner this morning. I've had a lot of fun with it over these past few years and I'm gonna miss it to be honest.
    E36 328iS- Sold :(
    E92 328i 6MT- Work In Progress

"If you have to fight the urge to look back at your car as you walk away, you bought the right car."

/
    //

MINIz guy is offline #buttstuff2k14 BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    rolls coal
    Quote Originally Posted by LockDots View Post
    First autoX of the season is less than a month away you know...
    Just pulled my car into the work bay to swap the suspension. Probably going to be a week before it goes up in the air.

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIz guy View Post
    Just pulled my car into the work bay to swap the suspension. Probably going to be a week before it goes up in the air.
    You haven't put the new coils in yet? What are you waiting for?! Lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1999 e36 M3
    I lubricated like everything on my steering shaft and replaced my clock spring to try and get rid of that damn squeaking noise. Turns out it was only the steering shaft bearing... ugh. Old cars are fun

My Cars
    98 328IS 03 325xi
    Quote Originally Posted by favox3 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gave away my BMWs, driving a VW and an Audi now.

My Cars
    rolls coal
    You haven't put the new coils in yet? What are you waiting for?! Lol

Fixed up my Cobalt and got rid of it. Then took in my parent's X5 and had to do some repairs. Now it's the E36's turn. I also forgot it has a CEL and I don't know if I even scanned the code when I parked it. Not ready at all for the season

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Fixed up my Cobalt and got rid of it. Then took in my parent's X5 and had to do some repairs. Now it's the E36's turn. I also forgot it has a CEL and I don't know if I even scanned the code when I parked it. Not ready at all for the season

Ahh, nothing like waiting till the last minute. Just means you really are a racer!

I'm dealing with similar things myself. I put my KW coils in and found out the spring perch rubs on the tire. I can either use a larger spacer or remove the helper spring and thread the main spring up further.

Tried moving the spring up to match the previous height and now there's a 1" gap between the spring and upper perch. Major facepalm. Now I have to reinstall the helper and use a larger spacer. Going from a 12.5mm to 20mm. Should work fine as I tested and went for a drive with two 12.5mm spacers doubled up front.

I have all the parts ready to go. Just don't feel like dealing with it right now lol.

My Cars
    rolls coal
    Ahh, nothing like waiting till the last minute. Just means you really are a racer!

I'm dealing with similar things myself. I put my KW coils in and found out the spring perch rubs on the tire. I can either use a larger spacer or remove the helper spring and thread the main spring up further.

Tried moving the spring up to match the previous height and now there's a 1" gap between the spring and upper perch. Major facepalm. Now I have to reinstall the helper and use a larger spacer. Going from a 12.5mm to 20mm. Should work fine as I tested and went for a drive with two 12.5mm spacers doubled up front.

I have all the parts ready to go. Just don't feel like dealing with it right now lol.

Can you just purchase a shorter spring instead of going up with spacers? Eventually springs will be a tuning option. I'm going back to 12.5mm instead of 20mm if I can, just to make the car a bit narrower.

Also 90% sure I'm going to need to use helper springs on my setup. Will find out by next week I hope. Need to also line up somebody that knows how to turn knobs to help me set up the car.

My Cars
    yay
    Cleaned & greased window track! Woohoo
    CARS
    02.92 325is / 06.72 2002 / 02.91 XJ / 08.04 R53 JCW

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Can you just purchase a shorter spring instead of going up with spacers? Eventually springs will be a tuning option. I'm going back to 12.5mm instead of 20mm if I can, just to make the car a bit narrower.

Also 90% sure I'm going to need to use helper springs on my setup. Will find out by next week I hope. Need to also line up somebody that knows how to turn knobs to help me set up the car.
    I can, and tried something similar but i wasn't happy. The car either sat higher (which I can probably fix with lower rated springs vs the ones I purchased) or I have limited to no height adjustment.

My Cars
    1998 328i
    Replaced the shocks on my sedan last night. The right rear was completely blown and the effect on handling was overwhelming. I put it off for about a month because my project vert is hogging my garage space and I didn't want to work out in the cold but I couldn't put it off any longer.

My Cars
    rolls coal
    I can, and tried something similar but i wasn't happy. The car either sat higher (which I can probably fix with lower rated springs vs the ones I purchased) or I have limited to no height adjustment.
    Is there really not enough height adjustment on KW's? Yea, the stack height of a helper + perch is going add height, but there should be enough left where you can lower the car back down. If you can't lower it enough, buy a 1" shorter spring, raise the spring perch up. Right?

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Is there really not enough height adjustment on KW's? Yea, the stack height of a helper + perch is going add height, but there should be enough left where you can lower the car back down. If you can't lower it enough, buy a 1" shorter spring, raise the spring perch up. Right?
    Technically if I leave the helper out and thread the perch down as close as I can to the tire (so I don't need a spacer) I'll be at a ride height I like. My issue with that is that then there's about a 0.75" gap between the top of the spring and the upper perch at full droop.

I'm not sure how that will affect the handling or if it'll be noisy. Most likely the weight of the car will close that gap 90% of the time and I'll only ever hear it when it's fully extended during a hard autocross corner, but it makes me a little uneasy knowing the gap is there.

Last edited by LockDots; 02-28-2019 at 08:07 AM.

My Cars
    rolls coal
    Technically if I leave the helper out and thread the perch down as close as I can to the tire (so I don't need a spacer) I'll be at a ride height I like. My issue with that is that then there's about a 0.75" gap between the top of the spring and the upper perch at full droop.

I'm not sure how that will affect the handling or if it'll be noisy. Most likely the weight of the car will close that gap 90% of the time and I'll only ever hear it when it's fully extended during a hard autocross corner, but it makes me a little uneasy knowing the gap is there.

Interesting. A helper will alleviate that gap at full droop, but then you have the stack height of the helper raising your car. A 1" shorter spring should get you back down to the ride height you want, and have the perch sit slightly higher to not contact the tire.

I just bought a set of helpers today. Thank god for used springs making the purchase easy, as I may also need them in the rear. Now to source used couplers, or find cheap 2.25" ones.

My Cars
    M3/4/5, SL65, GS350
    New center console with a large pocket

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3/2/5
    Found a buyer for my s52, Low compression and agreed on a price of $1000 which is more than okay with me. I'm sourcing information, ancillary bits pieces and of course a motor for the s54 swap I am going to dive into. I believe I've read several very detailed threads and boy oh boy. This is going to be quite the experience. I'll try to start a thread once I get everything going!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2003 E46 M3 / E30 Vert
    I sold the inpro taillights i had for 200 beans and found this passenger side vader for 250. Figured paying $50 out of pocket wasnt too bad for a vader (power no heat), especially considering i had been rocking the single sparco for the last year or so. Looks right at home in a sedan too. Also the clear inpros never really jived with the cosmos imo.

Last edited by Thrifty S50; 02-28-2019 at 11:28 PM.

My Cars
    1994 BMW E36 318i
    Guys, anyone have dashboard for sale?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3/2/5
    Got motor and trans pulled in about 5 hours. Not too bad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E36 coupe 316i
    installed today new side turn lights seals, removed the hood sound seal (cleaned) and fixed the hood jet washers leak by replace washers valves and by cutting a little the hose that connects to them, also this week replaced rear suspension top mounts and rubber stops
    Last edited by psy; 03-09-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Page 672 of 707 FirstFirst ... 172572622647662663664665666667668669670671672673674675676677678679680681682697 ... LastLast