Thread: What did you do to your e36 today?

My Cars
    E36, E70, i3
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty S50 View Post
    Is that a GREEN coolant bead i see?!
    Sure hope not! BMW blue all the way!

With an E70 in the garage too I've got like 6 gallons on hand haha.

Sent from the dark side of the Moon

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    No worries! Thats why were all here right?

I was wondering about the same thing, but i just decided to drill the Hole a size smaller than the wire gauge, it is pretty taught now so i am not too worried, additionally the Fuse box overhangs a bit (downwards) so it applies some additional pressure on the wire.

If i could add one more thing about the whole mishi set up, i am not too pleased with the "loose Fitting-ness" of using the Stock Reservoir mounted to the fan. There is some definite play, and under heavy driving the res WILL shake. I plan on RTV'ing a rubber grommet or something between the Rez and fan "shroud" to counter the shake, But you can see in the below picture i tried to offset the fitting with some additional PTFE tape to secure the Bleeder screw into its Fitting.

Attachment 620571

This system does not allow the use of the OEM Plastic piece that would typically surround the Bleeder screw, keeping the whole reservoir "secure".
    The Mishi Expansion Tank will be somewhat better I think, but I am going to put some 3M high strength double sided body tape (Grey tape with red plastic pull off covering) folded evenly around the bottom ring of the expansion tank mount. That tape is crazy strong and will eliminate any movement (It is actually more like a high strength putty shaped like tape). I will also likely put a little at the top.

You can get the 3M body tape in Wal Mart in the automotive section with the bodywork supplies. It has a trillion uses, it is the product that holds side skirts and fender flares tight to the body on a lot of vehicles from the factory.
    Last edited by Deus Ex Machina; 01-19-2018 at 08:02 PM.

My Cars
    99 328is, 03 X5
    Got the car weighed while it was being corner balanced... 2885 lbs. So without a passenger bucket seat setup in the car, but with a roll bar and gutted sunroof & interior from the front seats back, the car has lost 235 lbs from stock.

Zohaibrose will be super happy to hear that you can lose more than a few pounds from removing the interior alone. I still have A/C and perfectly working power windows, mirrors, etc.

Put a few miles on the car last night, but the tune wasn't track ready imo... have a few weeks before the 1st round of Bimmer Challenge to work the bugs out.

My Cars
    '97 BMW 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Neverlift View Post
    Got the car weighed while it was being corner balanced... 2885 lbs. So without a passenger bucket seat setup in the car, but with a roll bar and gutted sunroof & interior from the front seats back, the car has lost 235 lbs from stock.

Zohaibrose will be super happy to hear that you can lose more than a few pounds from removing the interior alone. I still have A/C and perfectly working power windows, mirrors, etc.

Put a few miles on the car last night, but the tune wasn't track ready imo... have a few weeks before the 1st round of Bimmer Challenge to work the bugs out.
    damn so no sow today then? that sucks.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Stripped out all of the old cooling system, got the Stewart's pump, thermostat, thermo housing and aluminum water pump pulley in and torqued before dark.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E36, E70, i3
    You forgot the belt

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanniepoo View Post
    You forgot the belt

Belt, Radiator, Mishi Fan and Tank, Mishi fan shroud kit, hoses etc. all go in tomorrow. Ran out of daylight.
    Last edited by Deus Ex Machina; 01-20-2018 at 09:44 PM.

My Cars
    2003 E46 M3 / E30 Vert
    Actually picked up some Mishi Hoses yesterday. Im not the biggest fan of the Red Variant, But i picked these up in trade for my old rad so Cant complain. Came with some nice Hose Clamps too.

Got those in then went back to clean up my wiring. Routed everything, other than the Positive going to the Front jump terminal, Under the Throttle body up and around the Drivers side strut tower.

I liked how everything fit, i had access to the controller and everything was snug. So I went back and wired that one positive out and under the Front Radiator support running with and in an existing route of clips for the factory harness.

Was very pleased with how that turned out so with everything in place i test fit, then ultimately wrapped everything with wire sleeve / conduit.

This is how i left it on Friday i believe...

And after today

Drained most of the Distilled out then filled properly andbled the system afterwards. Was able to get some Spacers (thanks tony!) for the front so now the square set up clears my coils and i drove it. First time with the Bucket seat and steering wheel, and new barrels. Cooling didnt flinch and it felt great. Waiting for my Front strut tower Reinforcement plate to come in (sometime this upcoming week?) so i can get the new BC DR's in...
    Last edited by Thrifty S50; 01-22-2018 at 01:36 AM.

My Cars
    1998 328is
    finally some peeps doing maintenance without all of that performance or money wasting mods.
    98 328is/5 Arctic silver
    99 528i 5speed Alpine white(Totaled Unfortunately)
    Oil pan and timing chain delete, weight reduction right?
    98 540i/6 (New baby)

My Cars
    1998 M3 convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by zohaibrose View Post
    finally some peeps doing maintenance without all of that performance or money wasting mods.
    Grow up and keep your immature comments to your self. Car forums typically are filled with car people that are enthusiastic about their cars regardless of what car they drive or what forum they are in. If people spending money on their cars bothers you , I suggest staying away from all car forums and maybe taking up knitting.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 318TI I6 Swap
    Finally finished my 318ti subframe and as I was about to lift it into the car realized I did not reinforce my very bent swaybar mounts. I pulled everything apart and straightened the mounts out with a wrench (wow they are flimsy!) and added some more metal to them. This is not ideal as I would have liked to run a piece perpendicular to the mounting area, but given how flimsy the OEM setup was, I'm sure this will do just fine.

Very happy with the fit of the Condor rear subframe bushings. I did not get the 12mm riser bushings to correct camber as I plan on raising the car at some point. Instead you can see the weld in camber adjusters I installed:

Put in some new rear shock mounts and added a reinforcement plate (excuse the dust):

Installed an aluminum thermostat housing (with RTV of course):

Finished modifying my midpipe to accept a slip on "cat back" which I should hopefully finish this week, and found a few of my exhaust leaks:

Made a magnetic drain bolt for my diff to collect any welding slag that works its way out:

And finally, the impulse buy of the decade for me. I picked up some Corbeau FX1 Pro seats with E36 bases and a TC Kline roll bar (not pictured). I was worried about how dirty my room was, but everything but my cycling shoes is BMW related:

Last edited by nnamssorxela; 01-22-2018 at 11:21 AM.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Only 20 hours of work or so...

20180121_172411.jpg20180120_171804.jpg

My Cars
    '97 BMW 328is
    lol cuz a mishimoto fan/rad/wiring is not performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually picked up some Mishi Hoses yesterday. Im not the biggest fan of the Red Variant, But i picked these up in trade for my old rad so Cant complain. Came with some nice Hose Clamps too.

Drained most of the Distilled out then filled properly andbled the system afterwards. Was able to get some Spacers (thanks tony!) for the front so now the square set up clears my coils and i drove it. First time with the Bucket seat and steering wheel, and new barrels. Cooling didnt flinch and it felt great. Waiting for my Front strut tower Reinforcement plate to come in (sometime this upcoming week?) so i can get the new BC DR's in...
    lemme get them clamps. lol the HPS clamps on my G20 didn't fit my e36

if you need a hand with the coils LMK, I can give a helping hand, either after work or on the weekends

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3/2/5
    Picking up quarters and dimes so I can buy oil. Gonna pour out the chocolate milk that's in it and hopefully extend the life of my s50 long enough to get a cheap daily so I can rebuild my motor on my time. Man oh man do things go south all at once

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    99 328is, 03 X5
    Convenient of you to ignore the weight saving I shared from removing just the rear interior. 235lbs (after rollbar)... that's like 1 of your Texas GF's.

My Cars
    2003 E46 M3 / E30 Vert
    Shaking the car down and Daily-ing it again after all the recent changes. Feels like an entirely new car! I have some minor Seat adjustments to make, and with the spacers the wheels now clear the front coils, but rub on the Fender under hard turning, probably just lift it a bit but i will wait until i install the new Coils before i make any more suspension adjustments.

Having Fun today whipping it around and messing with the Stock Digital Tach function on the ODO (link below)

https://flic.kr/p/23FkYob
    Last edited by Thrifty S50; 01-23-2018 at 12:44 PM.

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Convenient of you to ignore the weight saving I shared from removing just the rear interior. 235lbs (after rollbar)... that's like 1 of your Texas GF's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

My Cars
    99 328is, 03 X5
    Shaking the car down and Daily-ing it again after all the recent changes. Feels like an entirely new car! I have some minor Seat adjustments to make, and with the spacers the wheels now clear the front coils, but rub on the Fender under hard turning, probably just lift it a bit but i will wait until i install the new Coils before i make any more suspension adjustments.
    Are you rolled and pulled up front? What is your front alignment set up? Bring it by if you need more roll or pull, definitely down to help

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Swapped in the Mishimoto Expansion Tank, drove and checked for leaks on clean asphalt, bone dry. Now I just have to set the time and swap in non LED tag lights to get the check system cleared.

Only side skirts, diffuser, and a couple of pieces of side moulding to go to be in decent form.

My Cars
    '97 BMW 328is

Having Fun today whipping it around and messing with the Stock Digital Tach function on the ODO (link below)

https://flic.kr/p/23FkYob
    did you watch the same youtube vid I did? I did that the other day, wish it would tell me coolant temp, that would be nice :

My Cars
    2003 E46 M3 / E30 Vert
    Are you rolled and pulled up front? What is your front alignment set up? Bring it by if you need more roll or pull, definitely down to help
    It is still on the Stock Alignment i got a bout a year ago , so stock "settings". No rolling or pulling of any kind, which id prefer not to do. Once i get the new Coils on Ill tweak the Alignment / Height to try and accommodate.

On that note, got my Front Reinforcement plates in for the strut towers so i expect the BC's to go in any day now. Today is dedicated to the E39 so perhaps Friday or Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaxx1989 View Post
    did you watch the same youtube vid I did? I did that the other day, wish it would tell me coolant temp, that would be nice
    :
    The treats video? Yup! haha that would be so sick!

Anyhoo, washed it yesterday and threw on some red/gold BBS center caps (reps unfortunately, OG caps not available in 68 mm). Not sure how i like it but i am feeling a rack removal approaching.

Excuse the cell phone pic, ill try to squeeze some real pictures in here in the next day or so.

My Cars
    99 328is, 03 X5
    It is still on the Stock Alignment i got a bout a year ago , so stock "settings". No rolling or pulling of any kind, which id prefer not to do. Once i get the new Coils on Ill tweak the Alignment / Height to try and accommodate.
    I have no idea how you plan to pull that off with an angle kit and flush fitment in a drift project... I guess I will just have to wait and see.

My Cars
    325IS
    Installed the driver side window motor. Had been driving with the door panel off for months. Now onto the door lock and then put panel back.

My Cars
    '97 BMW 328is

The treats video? Yup! haha that would be so sick
    yeah the treats on the streets vid lol

My Cars
    99 328is, 03 X5
    Got the 3 clutch 3.73 LSD out on the road to start the break in, 4200 @ 80ish. Nbd

Pretty impressive how hard it claws through corners, and how well it puts the power down.

Needed to order some SLR lollis to correct a slight caster deviation on the Vorshlag plates. Should have time to get it aligned again before first round of Bimmer Challenge. Still need to play with the valving on the KWs this weekend.

Sunrise photo session?

Page 634 of 707 FirstFirst ... 134534584609624625626627628629630631632633634635636637638639640641642643644659684 ... LastLast