Thread: What did you do to your e36 today?

My Cars
    99 323Ci, 98328i verts
    First real progress in what feels like months, got my driveshaft loosely back in..... and worked with the son on plastidipping the style 30s we bought to replace those hideous stock convertible wheels. We'll put the gloss coat on tomorrow.
    Last edited by Bill837; 11-20-2017 at 10:23 AM.

My Cars
    2003 E46 M3 / E30 Vert
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajaxx1989 View Post
    My FA510's with swifts cost under 2k. just helps that my buddy is good friends with FA. my set up was supposed to be around 2500, and I spents less that 1900 lets just say that lol

====================

my 328is cost me 2800 and ive spent well over 3500 on it. enthusiast don't buy cars and leave them stock, we want to make the car our own regardless of price.
    Wowwww what a steal!

I was at about 2500 for the 510's too but the BC DR series i feel are verrry competitive. Alot of the guys i know locally who drift over at irwindale, or time attack at fontana run BC's, and put alot of abuse into their setup. I still have yet to actually ride in a car with FA's or know someone personally, or even see a racecar with my own eyes that runs them. My set should be here soon, hopefiully we can hop in each others cars here at one of the next track days
    Last edited by Thrifty S50; 11-20-2017 at 10:02 AM.

My Cars
    94 325ic, 08 X3 3.0si
    Quote Originally Posted by LockDots View Post
    Took me long enough to finally get them on. I'll get better pictures later for the other thread.

BBS RX203 with custom center caps wrapped with Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

What's your set-up?

I have 18x8's with lower profiles on my car right now and am looking to get 17's. I like the look of more tire compared to a low profile tire.

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Quote Originally Posted by WELSCH325i View Post
    What's your set-up?

I have 18x8's with lower profiles on my car right now and am looking to get 17's. I like the look of more tire compared to a low profile tire.
    17x8 ET38 squared setup on 235/45 tires.

My Cars
    99 328is, 03 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by zohaibrose View Post
    real funny how you call my car a POS when you own the same car, guess your car is a pos too right? shame on you calling any bmw a pos, you certainly dont deserve to own one and be a enthusiast and btw already had mine fixed. if throwing money at your car makes you happy then so be it thats just not how i was raised
    Yes, shame on me. Shame on me for purchasing a $1500 3 owner car w/ every service record since day 1, and putting thousands of dollars into it so far, to make it an extremely fun and potent track weapon that puts down faster lap times than new cars that cost 3-5x more. You wouldnt know the first thing about that, so how about you justify your sad existence elsewhere. Let the adults who were raised differently do what they wish. kthx

While the car was at the shop getting its final prep for a track day this upcoming weekend, I spent most of my weekend getting seat time of another kind. Shame on me for dedicating an entire room to a sim setup, I could have bought 2-3 POS E36s with it instead.

Last edited by Team Neverlift; 11-20-2017 at 12:50 PM.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Took my front suspension out so I could get them rebuilt. Turns out one of the sway bar brackets snapped and my passenger side strut tower has a crack gonna have the guy who fixed my trailing arm pockets fix the crack and weld in the reinforcement plates. For anyone in the Bay Area, I highly recommend Marcus @MarcusFryRacing. He does great work!!

The car will be sitting on stock suspension for a few weeks until I get everything figured out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E36
    This is making me rofl. Thanks for the fun reads!

...I haven't done much...have been drifting everywhere around town though, loving the cold weather with rain. It's just too fun. (Even though I know I should be parking the car for the winter and driving my boring avalanche on snow tires )

...oh, making a ton of E36 xmas sweaters Thanks everyone that ordered
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    S54 E36
    Trying to located the source of my low brake pedal engagement and squishiness.

Starting with the cheapest part first, the master cylinder.

Using silicone caps and plugs to reduce contaminants and air in the lines while I work.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325I
    Hit the yard yesterday and got a couple things for BOTH the 36s. Trunk finish panel and an unbent wiper arm for the wifes, and for mine a new lighter, wood shift knob, and the DME clips.

Also found on Saturday that the yard car, mine, is in excellent condition. I need exhaust and mounts, plugs for the fuel tank, and a fender liner with brake duct. I am thinking cat delete and single pipe in a 3 inch. Too much?

My Cars
    98 328IS 03 325xi
    Quote Originally Posted by jmo69 View Post
    Got the bearing out, had to go in the garage and couldn't resist.
    Attachment 615650Attachment 615651Attachment 615652
    Everything is back together except the muffler and wheel, the parking brake was the biggest PITA. The new shoes will make some noise for a while I'm sure. I sure hope it's quiet now, put a new backing plate on because I knew the slots for the anchors were rotted away.
    Attachment 615688Attachment 615689
    Finished today, everything is back together and went for a ride up and down the street, sure seems to be a lot quieter. Used the Edz garage videos for the step by step, he works on an e46 but the procedure is the same, even the same pieces from the bearing tool kit.
    Install: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vedv2OyE9BY
    Remove: https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=D4PK1jXhppE
    I used a FAG bearing and a different bearing separator but the procedure was the same.
    20171120_140120.jpg
    Last edited by jmo69; 11-20-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Gave away my BMWs, driving a VW and an Audi now.

My Cars
    '97 BMW 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty S50 View Post
    Wowwww what a steal!

I was at about 2500 for the 510's too but the BC DR series i feel are verrry competitive. Alot of the guys i know locally who drift over at irwindale, or time attack at fontana run BC's, and put alot of abuse into their setup. I still have yet to actually ride in a car with FA's or know someone personally, or even see a racecar with my own eyes that runs them. My set should be here soon, hopefiully we can hop in each others cars here at one of the next track days
    you haven't seen or heard about GTA... a hand full of the fastest GTA cars in NA are on FA.

I will be at big willow this sunday, if your there you can drive my 36

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    I drove it 8 miles and did a pavement check for fluids, found out my 23 year old plastic expansion tank was a lawn sprinkler in another life. Dropped almost $600 on cooling system parts a few minutes ago. All in all a great day in E36 land.

At least I have a valve cover to remove, paint and reinstall (along with new plugs, coil boots, etc.) while I wait for the cooling system parts.
    Last edited by Deus Ex Machina; 11-20-2017 at 08:13 PM.

My Cars
    1998 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Neverlift View Post
    Yes, shame on me. Shame on me for purchasing a $1500 3 owner car w/ every service record since day 1, and putting thousands of dollars into it so far, to make it an extremely fun and potent track weapon that puts down faster lap times than new cars that cost 3-5x more. You wouldnt know the first thing about that, so how about you justify your sad existence elsewhere. Let the adults who were raised differently do what they wish. kthx

While the car was at the shop getting its final prep for a track day this upcoming weekend, I spent most of my weekend getting seat time of another kind. Shame on me for dedicating an entire room to a sim setup, I could have bought 2-3 POS E36s with it instead.

clearly you dont understand why i said shame on you. my time here is done
    98 328is/5 Arctic silver
    99 528i 5speed Alpine white(Totaled Unfortunately)
    Oil pan and timing chain delete, weight reduction right?
    98 540i/6 (New baby)

My Cars
    2003 E46 M3 / E30 Vert
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajaxx1989 View Post
    you haven't seen or heard about GTA... a hand full of the fastest GTA cars in NA are on FA.

I will be at big willow this sunday, if your there you can drive my 36
    Yeah actually, love GTA! Was out at fontana not too long ago and got to meet bassam and see his LS e36 run, thing is epic.

I think what turned me onto BC the most was the yost autosport e92 time attack car they ran at thunderhill 25.

And i would love to AJ, thanks! vis versa should you want to hop in mine once i get those buggers on!

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    Quote Originally Posted by zohaibrose View Post
    clearly you dont understand why i said shame on you. my time here is done
    thank god

My Cars
    98 328IS 03 325xi
    Quote Originally Posted by jmo69 View Post
    Here goes
    It was the wheel bearing, much quieter now.

Gave away my BMWs, driving a VW and an Audi now.

My Cars
    99 328is, 03 X5
    Finally got around to installing some LED bulbs in my stock, faded, ugly housings. Might step up to a 90w bulb for the high beams, depending on how my drive home from the track goes this weekend.

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Oncoming drivers will love you...

My Cars
    99 328is, 03 X5
    Oncoming drivers will love you...
    Not as much as I love the G wagons and multitude of Soccer Moms in So Cal w/ 12k+ HIDs. I can't even begin to describe it to someone not from around here, but it feels like it is every man for himself on the roadways these days.

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Not as much as I love the G wagons and multitude of Soccer Moms in So Cal w/ 12k+ HIDs. I can't even begin to describe it to someone not from around here, but it feels like it is every man for himself on the roadways these days.
    That sucks. I'm biased though from being obsessed with lighting. I'm a big proponent of using headlights (reflectors, projectors, etc) appropriately.

My Cars
    99 328is, 03 X5
    That sucks. I'm biased though from being obsessed with lighting. I'm a big proponent of using headlights (reflectors, projectors, etc) appropriately.
    Well then you should love my use of these LEDs, very comparable to a halogen, and used in the same housings with around the same lumens. The temperature is about the only visual difference, and I prefer this as it seems to reflect signs and paint better, especially in low visibility weather. I havent tested the high beams yet, but will get the chance in the middle of nowhere for 2 hours driving home from the track.

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Well then you should love my use of these LEDs, very comparable to a halogen, and used in the same housings with around the same lumens. The temperature is about the only visual difference, and I prefer this as it seems to reflect signs and paint better, especially in low visibility weather. I havent tested the high beams yet, but will get the chance in the middle of nowhere for 2 hours driving home from the track.
    Eh...lol (no offense meant). The LED's just don't distribute light in the same pattern as halogens for which the reflectors' optics were designed for. Not nearly as bad as HID's, but I prefer halogens in halogen housings, HID's in HID-specific projector housings (there are differences between halogen and HID projectors), and so on.

My Cars
    99 328is, 03 X5
    The LED's just don't distribute light in the same pattern as halogens for which the reflectors' optics were designed for.
    I can understand the knee jerk reaction to an unknown, but feel as though I should be given more credit than to assume I would do something to my e36 without research on the subject. There are a multitude of new LEDs on the market every single day (this design was just finalized and manufactured in the last month or so), so would it not be shortsighted and even a bit unfair to paint them all with the same brush?

EDIT: Now I know how people feel when I shit on their suspension or tire sizing choices. A taste of my own medicine.
    Last edited by Team Neverlift; 11-22-2017 at 02:15 PM. Reason: to lighten the mood

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    I can understand the knee jerk reaction to an unknown, but feel as though I should be given more credit than to assume I would do something to my e36 without research on the subject. There are a multitude of new LEDs on the market every single day (this design was just finalized and manufactured in the last month or so), so would it not be shortsighted and even a bit unfair to paint them all with the same brush?
    Absolutely. But I did mention that I'm biased. So I know I'm already predisposed to not like them upfront. Send me a pair to test. You know, for science.

My Cars
    '97 BMW 328is
    Finally got around to installing some LED bulbs in my stock, faded, ugly housings. Might step up to a 90w bulb for the high beams, depending on how my drive home from the track goes this weekend.

I just ordered these last night! your buddy hooked it up!

I second this

Page 623 of 707 FirstFirst ... 123523573598613614615616617618619620621622623624625626627628629630631632633648673 ... LastLast