Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: update on my interior

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car

- - - Updated - - -

I have something to put by you FTD, will drop in a PM over the weekend..

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    '01 DINAN7 '03 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by freethrowdunk View Post
    Ok, you have s62 swap left, so let's get that going lol
    Instagram.com/nordmanmg

Your current situation is not your final destination

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by NordmanMg View Post
    Ok, you have s62 swap left, so let's get that going lol
    May bee

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DennisCooper View Post

I have something to put by you FTD, will drop in a PM over the weekend..

Cheers, Dennis!
    Interesting. Looking forward to it.

My Cars
    2003 525i
    These two are for tmv...:

My Cars
    '01 DINAN7 '03 M5
    I have one question
    -Why you did not painted red M5 seats?
    why standard seats with all those fancy M5 stuff?

- - - Updated - - -

This is soooooo gorgeous, love it
    Instagram.com/nordmanmg

My Cars
    2003 525i
    I have one question
    -Why you did not painted red M5 seats?
    why standard seats with all those fancy M5 stuff?

- - - Updated - - -

This is soooooo gorgeous, love it

Thanks.

To answer your question: Because I would first have to source said M5 seats in relatively good condition, and that would cost more money, obviously. Plus, the non-M5 sport seats, such as what I have, are just as nice to me.

My Cars
    '01 DINAN7 '03 M5
    Thanks.

To answer your question: Because I would first have to source said M5 seats in relatively good condition, and that would cost more money, obviously. Plus, the non-M5 sport seats, such as what I have, are just as nice to me.
    Well said, well done...
    now time to start saving for S62+6tranny+LSD swap hehe
    Instagram.com/nordmanmg

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Well said, well done...
    now time to start saving for S62+6tranny+LSD swap hehe
    Would love those things, starting with the manual tranny first, haha.

My Cars
    //M5s, 4.8iS , Z32TT

2000 Dinan S1 //M5 (my DD) --------------- 06 DINAN E53 4.8iS (wife's) -------------- 90 Straman Z32TT (my pride & joy)

Gone, but not forgotten: 01 E39 M5, 01 E53 3.0i, 01 525i Sport, 03 DINAN 540i MSport and 91 Z32 TwinTurbo

My Cars
    00 528/5 & 02 530i Sport
    God, I love your car. Was red a factory option for non-M E39s? I've never seen it before... Maybe Individual cars?

If I had the time, and if my car was remotely nice enough -- I would do this to my seats.

My Cars
    525it,02 525it,73 2002
    I do hope it holds up well for you.Well done,totally outrageous in a good way.

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by JPR10 View Post
    God, I love your car. Was red a factory option for non-M E39s? I've never seen it before... Maybe Individual cars?

If I had the time, and if my car was remotely nice enough -- I would do this to my seats.
    There are imola interiors in e39 M5s, but I know for a fact that coral red, which is what mine now is, was never an option. That may be perhaps because it didn't exist then. Not entirely sure on that. In any case, even with imola red you'll never see an interior from the factory designed like this, i.e., with the center console and lower dash trims also in that color.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tmvE39E53Z32TT View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jp5Touring View Post
    I do hope it holds up well for you.Well done,totally outrageous in a good way.
    Thanks

My Cars
    2003 525i
    The first real test of the seats' longevity has taken place during the last month or so of high temperatures here in Southern California, and, well, they almost passed with flying colors.

The clear coat just isn't as durable as what you get from the factory. Durable enough, but not perfect for the meticulous-minded. The issue I had with both front seats (no one sits in the back) is that during long trips in hot weather, an even slightly-sweat-saturated shirt will etch very fine marks into the clear coat, marks that are not removable. (During Bimmerfest I had a date with me who was wearing an outfit with a pattern of raised stitching all over. Yeah, lol, she left a nice butt imprint on the seat bottom and lower portion of the seatback.) I should note that I had plenty of passengers in the front and drove the car myself throughout the winter months with no such issue. This is definitely a heat related thing.

The good news is that non of the colorant gets lifted off of the seats or is otherwise marred, and the clear coat on other pieces where people aren't sitting on, i.e., the center console, the lower dash, the door cards, etc. is very durable. Thus chipping and scratching on those pieces has never been an issue.

I've redone the two front seats since Bimmerfest. I didn't take any pictures of the faint or fine marks left on the seats before redoing them. But here is my ~$15.00 solution for this summer predicament:

I have yet to drive the car while seated on one, but will do so shortly. I am very confident that they will suffice in protecting the seats and preventing what I've described above henceforth. The neat thing about these foam pads is that they can easily be thrown into the trunk or placed behind the seats on the floor when not in use, say when parking and leaving the car someplace after arriving.
    Last edited by freethrowdunk; 06-23-2017 at 10:20 PM.

My Cars
    BMW
    Time to tap into your OCD senior citizen roots and cover it in shrinkwrap to preserve the floral patterns and otherwise uncomfortable fabric. It will last forever and no one will ever enjoy it until your inevitable death occurs.

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by WBAD530i View Post
    Time to tap into your OCD senior citizen roots and cover it in shrinkwrap to preserve the floral patterns and otherwise uncomfortable fabric. It will last forever and no one will ever enjoy it until your inevitable death occurs.
    You didn't read well. Try again, maybe?

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    Man, if they couldn't hold up to SoCal temperatures, I wonder how bad it would have been with Arizona temperatures. It was 120º earlier this week!
    1995 525i 5-speed - Thread

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyzabolotny View Post
    Man, if they couldn't hold up to SoCal temperatures, I wonder how bad it would have been with Arizona temperatures. It was 120º earlier this week!
    There were places close to Hollywood that were in the triple digits as well for a number of consecutive days last week. And really, they do hold well even in the hottest environment overall.

It's just that there is marring that takes place of the clear coat when it's sufficiently warm (that could even be the mid to high 80s) and I won't tolerate any of it haha. Hence the foam pads.

My Cars
    e39, e53, 957

My Cars
    1999 540i, 2000 540i
    Very nice. Have to say, red is not for me but man that shade of red does looks good. I like it. Good job

My Cars
    '13 E70 35D
    Concerning the issues with heat, is this the first time you've come across it with the company you chose? Have you heard the same from or about the other 2 options (Leatherique and Colorbond)?.

By the way, your interior is insanely gorgeous and i love that you kept the NON M5 sport seats...

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyc Dito View Post
    Concerning the issues with heat, is this the first time you've come across it with the company you chose? Have you heard the same from or about the other 2 options (Leatherique and Colorbond)?.

By the way, your interior is insanely gorgeous and i love that you kept the NON M5 sport seats...
    Yes. The difference between the other two options you list is that they do not utilize a second stage consisting of a clear coat in their application. So if the heat is an issue with their products, it most certainly is affecting the actual colorant or die or paint or whatever, and that would be a far greater cause for concern than what I've described pertaining to the clear coat of Furniture Clinic's above. (A number of pages back in this thread you can see that I initially went with Leatherique and the results were thoroughly disappointing on the guinea pig rear head restraint for two other reasons.)

Also, thanks much.

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    Maybe it will harden up after a full season?
    98 540i 6, 525 whp, 120 mph 1/4, V3 Si S/C'er @16 psi, W/A I/C, Water/Meth, Supersprint Headers, HJS Cats, 3" Custom Exhaust, UUC Twin Disc, Wavetrac LSD, GC Coil Overs, Monoball TA, AEM FP, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Failsafe AFR/Boost, Style 65's w/275's, M5 Steering Box, Eibach Sways, M3 Shifter, Evans Coolant, 85 Deg Stat, PWM Fan, 10" Subs, B.A. speakers, Grom Aux/BT, Still Rolling as my DD!

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by philly98540 View Post
    Maybe it will harden up after a full season?
    Perhaps. In the meantime I won't take any chances and will utilize the foam covers.

My Cars
    '13 E70 35D
    Yes. The difference between the other two options you list is that they do not utilize a second stage consisting of a clear coat in their application. So if the heat is an issue with their products, it most certainly is affecting the actual colorant or die or paint or whatever, and that would be a far greater cause for concern than what I've described pertaining to the clear coat of Furniture Clinic's above. (A number of pages back in this thread you can see that I initially went with Leatherique and the results were thoroughly disappointing on the guinea pig rear head restraint for two other reasons.)

Also, thanks much.
    ahhh ok, makes sense. And yes i went through your whole thread..TWICE! haha.. love it. I wish i had time/space to do this to my car in another color. Furniture Clinic would be a good choice if i decide that route.

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Inspired by Liam, I, too, decided to color-match my leather-wrapped OE steering wheel column covers to the rest of the red bits in the car:

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast