Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: update on my interior

My Cars
    5series M62B44
    It looks great, don't get me wrong.

But do you constantly have to use seat protectors? and things like that?

I would hate to have an interior that was so fragile, especially with how tough properly dyed leather is.

Cheers
    Mat
    Quote Originally Posted by hakhawk
    I know first hand that owning a bmw isnt what made hozy the way he is, its just his charm
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder
    HoZY is good guy and has proven it many times by being a longtime participant in this community.

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by HoZy View Post
    It looks great, don't get me wrong.

But do you constantly have to use seat protectors? and things like that?

I would hate to have an interior that was so fragile, especially with how tough properly dyed leather is.

Cheers
    Mat
    You really don't need to use the protectors. Without them the only issue you'll have is some scuffing or marring of the clear coat during really warm temperatures as mentioned a few posts back. I just want to keep all of it as mint-looking as possible. All the pieces that don't get constantly sat on, which is pretty much everything minus the seats, have held up superbly, including the door cards—and it's now been over a year.

My Cars
    03' 540i, 05' 545i
    Looks amazing. Great job

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer7410 View Post
    Looks amazing. Great job
    Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting the itch to swap out my OE titan trim with piano black trim. I'm going to buy a used-but-in-good-physical-shape set of trim pieces and paint them glossy black myself, now that I've more or less mastered how to spray and eliminate orange peel and such. Really curious to see how gloss black trim would look alongside everything else.

My Cars
    2003 525i
    And sh*t; just realized that nearly all of my photos depicting the transformation to coral red don't load anymore because the server onto which they were uploaded is now defunct. Thanks, internetz!

Here they are as they appeared in this thread over time, more or less:

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi FTD!

Just to give you a heads up, the 'High Gloss Black' OEM trim is NOT a Piano Black as it has a slight metallic flake to it. I've seen sets of base Vavona which have been painted a gloss black and with varying quality/results. The better ones can and do look good where the rest of the interior is in excellent condition, so you'd be ok in this regard. That said, genuine High Gloss Black looks better still and just has that last bit of a quality appearance to it overall. I'd have sold you one of my sets of HGB but of course they're RHD !

My car has been in for a recent full respray and I'm just about to send it in for a full mechanical/parts overhaul. The next project is the interior and I'm still wanting a 'Red' as my first colour choice. I'm thiking of a 'little bit' more lairy colour choice but will need to re-visit some old Leather retrim contacts to see their latest swatches. I have a few more rare interior modifications lined up as well

Cheers, Dennis!

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    NICE, love the red/white color combo.

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisCooper View Post
    Hi FTD!

Just to give you a heads up, the 'High Gloss Black' OEM trim is NOT a Piano Black as it has a slight metallic flake to it. I've seen sets of base Vavona which have been painted a gloss black and with varying quality/results. The better ones can and do look good where the rest of the interior is in excellent condition, so you'd be ok in this regard. That said, genuine High Gloss Black looks better still and just has that last bit of a quality appearance to it overall. I'd have sold you one of my sets of HGB but of course they're RHD !

My car has been in for a recent full respray and I'm just about to send it in for a full mechanical/parts overhaul. The next project is the interior and I'm still wanting a 'Red' as my first colour choice. I'm thiking of a 'little bit' more lairy colour choice but will need to re-visit some old Leather retrim contacts to see their latest swatches. I have a few more rare interior modifications lined up as well

Cheers, Dennis!
    Dennis, hi. Thank you for that! Very good to know. I figure if I don't like the outcome, I will keep my OE titan trim, which I absolutely love, too. Even if I do like the outcome of the gloss black, I'll still probably keep my current set knowing how unique it is haha. Painting, as of late, has become a fun hobby, and so I look toward to this more with enthusiasm than with displeasure or as a chore or such.

And awesome! Keep us updated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    NICE, love the red/white color combo.
    : )

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516