Thread: Removing Driver's side Wiper adjusting plate?

My Cars
    E70 X5 , QX4 and an SC

Removing Driver's side Wiper adjusting plate?

Hi guys, I am going to be replacing my lower windshield plastic trim with a new one. But I cannot remove the driver's side wiper adjusting plate mounted right under the wiper arm when you remove the wiper arm? I try using a wiper puller, but it doesnt work. Is there any other way to remove it?

Thanks.

It is #10 in the picture in the link.
    http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online...44&hg=61&fg=45

My Cars
    2003 M5
    yeah. mine was very hard to remove too. i had to take it off when i replaced my windshield. lube it with WD40, apply upward pressure with left hand while twisting it, and tap it with a hammer from the top with the other hand. the vibrations will get it loose. my passanger arm broke in half, so i got another one...
    hope that helps a bit.

My Cars
    E70 X5 , QX4 and an SC
    Thanks I will try to do this later. Lucky my passenger side went without breaking it in half. But it was a pain to take out also.

My Cars
    1997 528i
    I actually just did this the other day. They were looking kind of old so i bought some spray paint. $5 and put a couple coats of that on them. After taking them all off. They look brand new. Wasn't sure if yours were broke or this was a reason for the replacement. If so try it out and save the money. But back to the question, all you need to do is wiggle it around a little bit and it will come loose just don't force it and brake something.