My Cars
    09 Cooper S

2009 X5 35d Brake Actuator

Hi everyone, I have a quick technical question I'm hoping someone can help me with.
    A customer of mine ordered in a new X5 35d in Alpine White. Very nice unit to say the least. Now that it's here, he won't take delivery of it until we put in a brake actuator that will work with the electric brakes on his 4000 lb trailer.
    I have contacted a local truck and 4X4 store here in my city and they said they have the part that will work. My question is, will it actually work? Apperently we had this issue with an 07 X5 where they ordered in the part, but then the technician wouldn't do the install due to the amount of wiring on the X5.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by 09CooperS; 05-14-2009 at 01:23 PM.

My Cars
    1967 Camero RS
    Quote Originally Posted by 09CooperS View Post
    Hi everyone, I have a quick technical question I'm hoping someone can help me with.
    A customer of mine ordered in a new X5 35d in Alpine White. Very nice unit to say the least. Now that it's here, he won't take delivery of it until we put in a brake actuator that will work with the electric brakes on his 4000 lb trailer.
    I have contacted a local truck and 4X4 store here in my city and they said they have the part that will work. My question is, will it actually work? Apperently we had this issue with an 07 X5 where they ordered in the part, but then the technician wouldn't do the install due to the amount of wiring on the X5.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    shouldnt be a problem, if the technican wont do the job, maybe he should seek occupational opportunities elsewere. i wouldnt want him working for me.