Thread: Anyone, Blower fan wont turn off?

My Cars
    95 525i/M, 94 530it/A

Anyone, Blower fan wont turn off?

Exactly what my title says my blower fan will not shut off even when i take the key out of the ignition, and i can even change the fan speed when the key is out, but position 0 does not turn it off, anyone have this happen to them and fix it? this is a 95 525i so i dont think i have the sword.

My Cars
    and trucks
    You have the updated resistor in a 95, but I still think it is a problem with that. Even if it were a problem with the dial (which don't think because you can adjust speed) seems to me like it should still turn off when the car is off.
    Dave
    1995 Lincoln Towncar.
    Cartier
    I pimp your mom

My Cars
    03 Z4 / 05 X3
    Sounds like one hell of an electrical gremlin to me! I would start with any relays related to the blower system. From what you desribed it sounds like a relay got stuck.

P.s. if it turns out to be a relay you should think about changing them all. If one died the others are close.

P.s.s. I know with some of the relays you can just resolder the joints(but I guess thats if there not working)

My Cars
    01 Bullitt, 97 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by David325e View Post
    You have the updated resistor in a 95, but I still think it is a problem with that.
    ^Start there.

We even see E46's/E39's in the shop with the same symptoms (it's always been the resistor that was faulty), so there are still issues with them even post-95.

My Cars
    95 525i/M, 94 530it/A
    great thanks for info, will get back with the results

My Cars
    95 525i/M, 94 530it/A
    so I pulled the blue resistor out and the fan completely stoped working as u would expect, so I finally went to a junk yard to grab another one to make sure before i buy a new one from the dealer, and so far the fan works as it should, I will give it around a week and if it does the job I will purchase a new one, and my problem will be solved.