Thread: Well I was Just Going To Replace My Plugs...

My Cars
    None

Well I was Just Going To Replace My Plugs...

But after opening it up. Low and behold. I have a valve cover gasket leak I'm assuming.

My plugs look like they have been to hell and back a few times.

Car has 57,000 miles on it.

Update,

I figured I wasn't going to install my new plugs with all the oil in the holes... so I cleared out all the oil and then I started to work on the valve covers. I couldn't get the fuel injector clips off so I just ripped up the whole assembly and took the injectors out of their slots. Now I have to wait till friday for my Gasket to come...

Left Side

Right Side (What is all this orange gunk?!?!?!?)

Plugs

Coilpacks

Last edited by trev0079; 05-21-2009 at 01:22 AM.

My Cars
    325ic
    i had to do this a couple times in my e34 wagon--m50b25 engine. it was due to a crappy seating of the gasket around the plugs. I went through two gaskets from bav.auto. i would definitely just get one from the dealer if i was to do it again. I found with the second gasket that i had to be really careful to position the rubber in the plug holes just right. I used a 17mm socket to mush them into position in between the cover.

I also replaced the exstentions from the ignition coils. mine were all gooped up-- i cleaned them but they were all cracked and still pretty dirty.

also be sure to clean all the sh1t out of the plug bays. I used electronic cleaner-- with the plugs still in the holes-- paper towels, and a shop vac.

good luck

My Cars
    E46 M3 | E39 540
    Replace your valve cover gaskets. I had the same on one side when I changed my plugs. Get a shop vac and put a drinking straw in it, then seal with tape. Use the straw to suck up the oil.
    E46 M3 | Steel Gray/Imola Red | 19" BBS RS-GT
    E39 540i | Jet Black/Black | 17" Style 42

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Not a tough job and by the looks of it, your car will be running MUCH better.
    "I'd smash that (Jennifer Connelly) like a failed coup in sub-Saharan Africa."
    ~Macktheknife in my epic Jennifer Connelly OT Thread

My Cars
    None
    The stupid box on the passenger side is impossible to get off. How do I get the clips off the injectors?

Anyone? I cannot remove the clips from the injectors for the life of me.
    Last edited by trev0079; 05-20-2009 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost