Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: E31 Parting out 1991 BMW 850 cheap prices $$

My Cars
    91-Dinan 850TT
    Quote Originally Posted by Pneill316 View Post
    I got his full set of ingnition wires and didn't have such a good experience. First of all, all I needed really was the #12 wire, but he said he'd sell me all of them for $175 plus shipping. Which seemed like a good deal as he said they were replace 100 mi ago. When I got them they were cramed into a box that was too small for the part, he actually broke both wire harnesses putting them in the box. Then I noticed that one of the wires was missing the spark plug connector, which was in the bottom of the box with all the ceramic beads. Then I counted up all the wires, 11, he was missing one of the wires. Then to make matters worse the #12 wire that I needed has the crank position sensor was broken on both sets. He had pulled the end of the crank postion sensor and broke the plastic clip end. Luckily I was still able to use the wire, but just waiting for the crank sensor to fall out because there is really nothing holding it in. In conclusion, It seems like he basically took a sledge hammer to the parts to get them out and his set of wires with 100 mi on then ended up looking worse then mine with 137,000 mi.

Just my $0.02, I hope every one else had better luck.
    A prior quote from Steve in response to my post in ref to what cantbl8 re-iterated - "we take apart ferrari motors, we can take apart the bmw.."

I guess not! I'm sure if you contact him he will resolve it, sounds like a good guy.
    Last edited by TTTXGreg; 05-30-2009 at 05:48 PM.

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver
    Here is a professional taking a BMW apart. Notice the precision tools he is using. Since this picture was taken, we transfered him to the Ferrari Dismantling Department:

Last edited by TxGR8White; 05-30-2009 at 05:49 PM.
    '93 850Ci - Mineralweiß Metallic

2001 740iL - Titansilber
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiß III

...the price of cool ain't cheap!

My Cars
    E31 E38 E65
    I should find more constructive things to do with my time....

*~*Yamaguchi-gumi Syndicate Member #59,005 *~*
    [ Bippu Couture ] ( D_G ) [ FALKEN Tires]

My Cars
    91 850i, 2013 Rubicon
    HAHA yea, you do have too much time on your hands.

My Cars
    850 1991
    Quote Originally Posted by 12inthepants View Post
    i need a few interior peices. i sent you an email. requesting pictures of interior. hope to hear from you soon!
    i replied to many emails... did i reply to yours ?

Quote Originally Posted by 850Girl View Post
    Drivers fender??

***sending email now
    got one.. 100$ . has a very minor dent on the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Pneill316 View Post
    I got his full set of ingnition wires and didn't have such a good experience. First of all, all I needed really was the #12 wire, but he said he'd sell me all of them for $175 plus shipping. Which seemed like a good deal as he said they were replace 100 mi ago. When I got them they were cramed into a box that was too small for the part, he actually broke both wire harnesses putting them in the box. Then I noticed that one of the wires was missing the spark plug connector, which was in the bottom of the box with all the ceramic beads. Then I counted up all the wires, 11, he was missing one of the wires. Then to make matters worse the #12 wire that I needed has the crank position sensor was broken on both sets. He had pulled the end of the crank postion sensor and broke the plastic clip end. Luckily I was still able to use the wire, but just waiting for the crank sensor to fall out because there is really nothing holding it in. In conclusion, It seems like he basically took a sledge hammer to the parts to get them out and his set of wires with 100 mi on then ended up looking worse then mine with 137,000 mi.

Just my $0.02, I hope every one else had better luck.
    i gave your order to my back store to remove,pack and mail. if something happened and you came here and wrote your story but never emailed me with your issue, how did you expect me to know about your issue ! this is the 1st i hear of your issue today when i logged in after a few weeks or not logging in . a simple email would have been easy to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by XTREMETUNING View Post
    Thats too bad... Have you called and spoken to him about it?

My headlights came packaged very well and it only took my about 10 mins to get them in my car. I couldn't be happier.

I'd call and let them know that you weren't satisified.

-JRW
    never called, never emailed. 1st i heard of this is a few minutes ago.
    we tr

Quote Originally Posted by XTREMETUNING View Post
    Thats too bad... Have you called and spoken to him about it?

My headlights came packaged very well and it only took my about 10 mins to get them in my car. I couldn't be happier.

I'd call and let them know that you weren't satisified.

-JRW
    never emailed or called. this is the 1st heard of his issue !

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck850 View Post
    Steering control module working? Price?
    it works and i have it. 50$

my email adress is info@exoticaronline.com

if u have a problem with a part i sold you, or need to buy a part OR HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME, send me an email if u want an answer. i come here from time to time. not every day ~!

had the fellow with the wires who originally emailed me and had not posted here his request for the wires but had emailed me directly to buy his wires, had he emailed me , we wouldnt be here talking about this.
    yet, people get a kick out of damaging peoples reputations and businesses on forums.i have no time for this. anyone needs parts or has an issue, email me.

so far sold 6000$ worth of parts and everyone seems to be happy and received their parts , well packaged and got a great deal.
    Last edited by stevemaman; 05-30-2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1990 Bmw 850i
    no reply about the interior peices with the pictures yet. if you could please asap that would be much appreciated
    BMWBMWBMWBMWBMWBMWBMWBMWBMWBMWBMWBMWBMWBMWBMWBMWBM WBMWBMWBMWBMWBMWBMWBMWBMWBMWBMWBMW

My Cars
    91-Dinan 850TT
    I agree Steve. Sounded like he never attempted to contact you before hanging dirty laundry out. Not very nice! Excuse the humor over the wires Steve, couldn't resist! TO ALL: If you make a deal here on the forum, there is more than likely communication via direct emails during the transaction, if not-do so and I discourage using PM, but it works also since there is email notify. After the transaction, ONLY use this same path for disputes or questions. Don't bring it up here where, as Steve said, we may not frequent the board every day. As someone who also sells parts, I would hope this wouldn't happen to me. If so, guess what? You're not buying any more from me!

My Cars
    91 850i x2, 92 850i 6sp
    As I said I was able to use the #12 wire that I needed so not all was lost and I still have an abundent amount of extra wires if needed. $175 for 11 of the 12 wires I was still happy with the outcome. I was just commenting on the condition of the part, which was apparent they were not in that condition pre removal.

Steve, I didn't contact you because I still feel like I got what I needed at a good price, just be more careful when removing parts. I know from working on these cars that all the little plastic pieces break fairly easy.

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    Could of gave him a chance to fix it before ruining some potential sales. Bad feedback makes other's go elsewhere. If Steve had'nt replied, He could of lost plenty inquires about parts. In the end it hurts all the needy.

My Cars
    91-BMW-850i / 97-BMW
    +1 Give the dude a chance to fix it and if ain't fixed then start throwing rocks at him :-)

My Cars
    850 1991
    Quote Originally Posted by 12inthepants View Post
    no reply about the interior peices with the pictures yet. if you could please asap that would be much appreciated
    email me at info@exoticaronline.com

what pics do u need ?

i am happy to hear now, that you were able to fix your issue . had it been any different, i would have refunded you in a flash. if i owe you anything, please email me.
    if u need any other part, within reason, i will throw it in and mail all 4 free.

info@exoticaronline.com is the email adress.
    Last edited by stevemaman; 05-31-2009 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E31 E38 E65
    I sent payment for the drivers side fender yesterday.

Thanks

My Cars
    850 ci
    Hey whats the duty on German 2nd hand parts I'm getting grief from FEDEX? Any 1 know?

My Cars
    850 1991
    I sent payment for the drivers side fender yesterday.

Thanks
    fender was mailed out same day !

Quote Originally Posted by hipshot View Post
    hey whats the duty on german 2nd hand parts i'm getting grief from fedex? Any 1 know?
    1.7 % !

anyone need a engine/tranny..complete ? 1700$ incl. shipping !!!

seats : front and back, black and very nice : 600$ shipped.

door panels front/back : 250$ + ship

doors: 150 per side complete + ship

trunk : 150$ + ship

rear bumper: 250 + ship

wheels ( bbs style originals) 180 + ship all 5 incl spare !

cluster in kms 100$
    Last edited by stevemaman; 06-05-2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E31 E38 E65
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemaman View Post
    fender was mailed out same day !
    Awesome! Please send the tracking number via PM. I Have to make sure someone is there when its delivered.

also, do you have the following available? :
    - Drivers side headlight
    - Center radio surround* #10
    - Arm rest area* #20
    - Arm rest area* #21

*yes, I know its pretty cheap from Gault folks, but id rather recycle when I can....if the parts are in good shape

My Cars
    Dinan 8
    Awesome! Please send the tracking number via PM. I Have to make sure someone is there when its delivered.

- Drivers side headlight
    - Arm rest area* #20
    - Arm rest area* #21

*yes, I know its pretty cheap from Gault folks, but id rather recycle when I can....if the parts are in good shape
    I have both head lights out of that Euro car .... so I know they are gone. But I do have a spare... I'll check to see which side.

I think I also have a center radio surround... if he doesn't have it, let me know and Ill look around.

-JRW

Glacier Blue 1991 Dinan 8 | Chasis CB73392 | 1 of 50 Produced
    Built for PGA Pro Mark Calcavecchia
    Twin Turbo 5.0L V12 w/ Air-to-Air Intercoolers
    525hp - 589ft/lbs tq

My Cars
    91 Dinan860 & 91 850 6sp
    Lower airboxes under fron lowe bumper... are they thrashed or perfect?

My Cars
    850 1991

- Drivers side headlight
    - Arm rest area* #20
    - Arm rest area* #21

radio surround only... 25$

My Cars
    91-Dinan 850TT
    brand new one is apx $35.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 850ci
    I am sorry but what color is your interior?
    I need some plastic parts but my interior is grey

My Cars
    850 1991
    Quote Originally Posted by wjs0601 View Post
    I am sorry but what color is your interior?
    I need some plastic parts but my interior is grey
    blk

My Cars
    E31 E38 E65
    Do you have parts # 3 and 4 available?
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/diagrams/x/j/8.png

and u never got that tracking info to me for the fender ??

** thanx TTTXGreg
    Last edited by DriftGirl; 06-09-2009 at 09:21 PM.

My Cars
    850 1991

and u never got that tracking info to me for the fender ??

** thanx TTTXGreg
    # 3 / 4 were just handed for free to randy ! he bought a nice batch of parts, so i threw in a few items on the house !

the fender left last week via fed ex.

please email me at my email adress monday. benjamin will email u back the tracking info....

GimmieSumMo72 is offline That's my BOY!!! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E60 E31 Past: E38 E36
    what color is the car???

what condition is the whole sunroof and assembly? tracks and all?

how much for it?
    1991 850i diamantschwarz metallic w/ 2 toned black/light silver grey interior: Mods: 20% Tints, OEM Style 37 rims (Winter), 18" BBS RG-R's Diamond Black (Summer), M3 Style Lip Spoiler, Wokke V2.0 Chips, Magnaflow 14833's, Dinan Performance Transmission Chip, CSi front spoiler, 3000k 35w Fogs, 5000k 55w Lows, Custom Randy/Dinan Suspension, Zimmerman Cross-Drilled Rotors, Goodrich SS Brake Lines

2004 530i schwarz-2: Mods: 20% Tints, Powdercoated Black OEM Style 122's (Winter), LED Fogs & Sidemarkers, Staggared Style 166's, Apexcone 55w 3000k lows, LED 20w Angel Eyes

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver
    What color do you need?
    '93 850Ci - Mineralweiß Metallic

2001 740iL - Titansilber
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiß III

...the price of cool ain't cheap!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast