Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: cleaning those old school 3pc wheels...

My Cars
    99 M3, 89 325i, 85 535i

cleaning those old school 3pc wheels...

i know this couldve gone in the detailing section but i figured more of the wheel whores would visit this section and i could get more responses from people who give their wheels the same kind of love.

so ive had my bbs rs for quite awhile now and i cant seem to keep my outer lip bolts as clean as they used to be. and i know bbs rs' are notoriously known for being a pain in the ass to clean but i dont mind putting in the time to clean em.

i wash and scrub the shit out of mine but theyre still dulling away. they used to be as clean as my outer lip. so i have a question for you fellow old school 3pc wheel owners... how do you keep your wheels (and especially bolts from losing that shiny sexiness) clean? specific brushes? wheel cleaners? polishers? etc. thanks in advance

before:

after (theyre a bit dirtier than this now... almost a darker gray since this was an old pic):

im just trying to delay when i swap them out for the gold bolts

anyone? i guess if possible mods could you move this to the detailing section. my mistake. thought id get a lot of responses here
    Last edited by M3dren; 04-29-2009 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost