Avus Autosport

Thread: FS: Nor Cal (Bay Area) BMW E36 custom subwoofer enclosure for under shelf in trunk

My Cars
    M3/4, e39 525iT

FS: Nor Cal (Bay Area) BMW E36 custom subwoofer enclosure for under shelf in trunk

Hi Guys,
    I have for sale a custom built enclosure for under the rear deck for an BMW E36 325i, 328, M3 sedan/coupe (1992-1999, may fit newer models but you need to check)
    $160 obo
    located near Milpitas/San Jose area

-includes 2 audiophile quality 8" subwoofers, Diamond Audio M3081.4, 125w each
    -enclosure has 2 sets of terminals (each speaker) on left side
    -sealed box, carpeted, even has specially built pass-thru to access brake light to change bulb

The enclosure was originally in my E36 M3 sedan (I believe it should fit a coupe). It does not come with any mounting hardware. Mounting is up to buyer. The box was originally custom built and installed by a specialty car audio shop.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I have this posted on craigslist but prefer to sell it to a forum member.
    I'm willing to trade for good pair of 10mm hub-centric wheel spacers outright (like H&Rs, etc.)

Pictures below show how it looks installed:

View from the back seats (with the seats down):

If you have stock speakers in the rear deck, it will not interfere with them.

Close up of one of the speakers:
    Last edited by technovm3; 04-14-2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    97 BMW E36 4dr,07 E90
    Want to trade for a short shifter with link new Z3 M, an a E46 M shifter knob used.

My Cars
    M3/4, e39 525iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakino View Post
    Want to trade for a short shifter with link new Z3 M, an a E46 M shifter knob used.
    Sorry, not interested. I already have a SSK.

My Cars
    E30325i e34m5 e46m3 e36m
    Is this like the Stealth setup where it replaces your rear speakers?..Or can i keep my rears and mount these as well, also what did you mount the box too?

My Cars
    M3/4, e39 525iT
    Quote Originally Posted by ilya1585 View Post
    Is this like the Stealth setup where it replaces your rear speakers?..Or can i keep my rears and mount these as well, also what did you mount the box too?
    You can use the enclosure with your deck speakers if you want or you can run only the enclosure. The way it's built, it will not get in the way of using deck speakers. You'll need to run an amp just for the subwoofers of course. The way I used it was without running the rear deck speakers because I felt it ruined the sound stage in the E36. The stock setup isn't ideal.

In terms of mounting, you'll need to attach it to the rear deck (metal) from the top. You'll need to take apart your rear shelf from the backseat and drill screws down to hold it in place. This is the most straight forward way. This was how it was mounted in my car. Or you can create your own bracket system where you can unmount it from the trunk (without having to do it through the top of the deck). It's up to you. Hope this makes sense.