Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: e36 HK 2/4 amp vs. convertible amp?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3

Unhappy e36 HK 2/4 amp vs. convertible amp?

What are the differences between the e36 harman kardon 2door/4door amplifier and the convertible amplifier?? they appear the exact same.... any help would be greatly appreciated. i accidently bid on the convertible only HK amp (and im still the high bidder with 1.5 hours to go..). Would this amp still work properly in my car?? much help appreciated

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328iC
    Maybe it has something to do with the HiFi switch that convertibles don't have?

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by BriOliver View Post
    Maybe it has something to do with the HiFi switch that convertibles don't have?
    They don't have the switch, but do have the option wired. It's controlled by the roof module and switches the setting depending on the roof being up or down. (Which is kinda crap and reason I retrofitted the switch in my vert).
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    96 328iC ; 01 740iL

Plugs for the HK switch

I am also trying to install the hifi switch in my E36 convertible however I need the connectors at both the switch and amp end. Does anyone have the part numbers. Also the switch has 4 pins and the amp about 8? what are the other pins in the amp for? where would they connect?

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavis1768 View Post
    I am also trying to install the hifi switch in my E36 convertible however I need the connectors at both the switch and amp end. Does anyone have the part numbers. Also the switch has 4 pins and the amp about 8? what are the other pins in the amp for? where would they connect?
    Don't know about the amp pins, but you only need one (don't know which one exactly out the top of my head).

Switch has 4: +12v/ground for backlight +12v/ground for the switched +12v that needs to go to the single pin on the small connector.

This is the connector you need (green one). Fits both switch + amp. (don't mind the black ones).

Then I asked for a couple of these special wires with the pins connected to them. You slide these in the blind connector then "close" the connector to lock the pins inplace. Very easy.

Here's the partnumber for the connectors. They come in a bag of 10.

Don't know the partnumber (if it even exists) for the wires. I just asked for them and the stockroom guy came back with a couple of them.

Last edited by MParallel; 04-06-2009 at 01:20 PM.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    96 328iC ; 01 740iL
    thanks for the help

My Cars
    96 328iC ; 01 740iL

HK Amp Pin #

Can anyone tell me the pin # in the HK amp the the hifi switch connects to?