Thread: Anybody interested in an E46 M3 3.64 stock differential?

My Cars
    E46 M3

Anybody interested in an E46 M3 3.64 stock differential? (Will fit E46 3 series)

Hey guys
    I own a 2002 E46 M3, and i am looking to replace my stock differential with a 3.91 final drive ratio. Rather than rebuild my differential, i am thinking of just replacing the entire thing. That would leave me with the stock diff that came with my car. This 3.64 diff will fit on the E46 3 series, which will enhance your performance and acceleration. It will also give you guys 100% limited slip differential which is a major acceleration increase over your stock diff now as well as better traction and power delivery to the rear wheels. I just wanted to know if anybody out there would be interested in purchasing my stock diff, which will help me incurr the 3000 dollar cost of buying the 3.91 diff for my car. Ill be happy to answer any questions posted for those of you who may be interested. Thanks
    Tupps
    Last edited by Tupps11; 08-12-2003 at 02:26 PM.

My Cars
    '99 323i
    I'm interested if it will fit my '99 323i (e46).

I really want a 3.46, because I have a 3.07. but, I can't find one at a good price.

Will this work in my car?

Frank

My Cars
    '02 BMW M3, '03 BMW X5 4
    Tupps --

The internals of your diff will also fit into the E36 Euro diff case. I know someone who did the swap and your trick new diff design works _amazing_ in the older car. If I had a car with a Euro rear-end, I'd buy your old one.
    -peter*g

'02 BMW M3 (rally car project)
    '01 Audi S4 Avant (daily driver)
    '05 Land Rover LR3 HSE (tow rig)

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Hey Frank
    Im pretty sure that this diff will apply. Keep in mind that a diff swap is very easy to do. Any dealer can get it done for you within a couple hours. When you take apart the Diff to change the gears, all sorts of other issues become present. You really need to trust the person doing the work if you decide to go that way. I decided to simply swap the entire diff rather than opening mine and switching the gears. I just need to find someone who will take the stock one off my hands. Its in perfect condition. 15,000 miles on the car, and all services, oil changes, and drivetrain work have been done on time at the BMW dealer with records to show. Thanks