Thread: Need help on GT1 DIS (E46)

My Cars
    97 E36 328i M

Question Need help on GT1 DIS (E46)

Guys recently i bought a GT1 that came with a laptop pre-installed with SSS and DIS. Now basically I have no knowledge on how to use any of these. I've tried to do some diagnosis of my own and with my own car. I have E36 328i OBD2 which is no problem. I try to work around the DIS however I got no idea on what it is capable on except knowing that it could show me tonnes of info that I might need to know when something goes wrong like what to check and where to find and all. Now it comes down to my E46 318i in which I have not yet been able to diagnose a single thing at all yet. Reason being is that when i try to diagnose with DIS while retriving all the info such as VIN and all for the E46 the DIS comes out a error saying "Unable to verify my vehicle model" something like that. It actually ask me to choose it manually. However even if you do choose manually the DIS still would not be able to do a quick test or scan any of the control modules in the car. I thought my GT1 was having problem. I called a friend of mine that owns a E46 325i to come over and have a test and see if the GT1 is having any problem. To my surprise his vehicle is having the same issue as mine.

I then called another guy that has a E60 and E90. Both i asked him to drive to me and have a test on it to verify and see if anything is really wrong. When i diagnose the E60 and E90 the GT1 DIS works fine determining the vehicle VIN info and able to scan all through without any problems. Till now i've tested my GT1 DIS on numerous different E46 and I still not able to diagnose the vehicle because of the error. So till today I've been fed up with the GT1 DIS and wondering what is the problem was it the cables, GT1 head, DIS or anything that is causing the problem. The only model I couldnt have access is E46.

Now I need you guys professional that knows how the GT1 works to teach me how can I get the DIS to work with the E46. What exactly it seems to be the problem here?

My Cars
    740, 850, M3
    Well, not sure about the E46, but just a thought, does it have two doagnostic connectorns?
    Round one under the hood and OBD2 inside the car? In that case have you tried both?

My Cars
    97 E36 328i M
    Well of all the E46 that I have been able to work with is all OBD2 so all uses the 16pin diagnostic connector. The 20pin works superb on other models such as E36, E34 and etc. No problem at all.. The E46 OBD2 is the only problem. The rest of BMW model are works great. Could it be the DIS it self not being install properly..? Is there even such a thing? Really need help here..
    Last edited by nick4jc; 10-31-2009 at 07:36 AM.

My Cars
    97 E36 328i M
    Isnt there someone that knows how to go about this..? I really need help here.. Got no idea wad happen to the DIS.. Could it be the DIS not installed properly? Wad seems to be the problem? My system is pure SCO Unix.. No Win XP inside of it.. DIS is v53. Please someone who knows provide some insight on this please.. Thanks!

Nick