Thread: Led Tail Light Retrofit?

My Cars
    323ci

Led Tail Light Retrofit?

ANYBODY GOT ANY NEW NEWS ON RETROFITTING THE '04 LED TAIL LIGHT ON OLDER COUPE? THE LAST THING I HEARD WAS SOMETHING ABOUT AN ADAPTOR PLUG COMING FROM GERMANY BUT I HAVENT SEEN ANYTHING YET, I HEARD THE LIGHT WERE PRESSURE SENSITVE SO I DONT KNOW HOW THAT WILL WORK.

My Cars
    '01 M Roadster
    There is an adaptor that is needed. It appears to still be in the trial stage, but someone will figure it out.

My Cars
    Z3 2.3, Isetta 300
    The lights are available, the adapter is available. You may need a LCM (light control module) if you have a build before a certain date (I'm not sure when, but it is before 01/02).

The reason most have held off is there is a software upgrade you need to turn off the check control (the dash will indicate both of your taillights are out), and the "outer ring" of LED's is not functional for the "panic stop" feature that the software fixes too. This upgrade is due in a month or two.......

Also...lay off the CAPS, please!
    EX-NASA SpecE30 Racer---NASA Florida Certified Instructor

My Cars
    1997 M3
    I want to retrofit LEDs in my e36

My Cars
    323ci
    yo, mlife i just saw the for e36 today. they just came out, they cost about $400buck US. they currently sell them in europe and they are made by FK. they look fresh. there is a pic in the new PBMW mag in the adds.check it out.