Thread: New Coil packs and Plugs

My Cars
    1992 325i

New Coil packs and Plugs

I just put in my new Bav Auto Coil Packs and new spark plugs today. I noticed a difference in the idle quality. The car just feels like it wants to go more now and it feels just all around nicer than before. I gained a little low end torque according to my butt dyno. Unfortunately i got a little carried away tonight and money shifted. I did the Ol' 3rd to 2nd deal but with in a 1/4 of a second i had the clutch in and so far i am happy to report no damage THANK GOD. Right after it happened thoughts started flying through my head like FUCK! ! How am i going to pay for this. thankfully i dont think anything bad happened. I put her quietly into the garage and kissed her on the roof and said i was sorry.

I Love My Car

My Cars
    12 Mustang GT
    I love my car too

whats so special about the Bav Auto CPs?
    86 Rx-7 GXL(sold)
    98 Eclipse(sold)
    97 328is(gone)
    06 Mustang GT(gone)
    12 Mustang GT

LETS GO RANGERS!

My Cars
    E60 550i
    ya ive almost money shifted before too but its not when im driving it hard, its when im not paying attention.. And i know when im doing it but the part that normally screams "this is 2nd gear your going into!!!! your in 3rd gear!!!!!!" was day dreaming. And when i do it, it just jumped to like 5k..
    Alpine E36 98 328i/5 - Sold
    Arctik E36 95 M3/2/5 - Sold
    Cosmos E36 98 M3/4/5 - Sold
    Boston E39 98 528i - Sold
    Cosmos E39 97 528i - Sold
    Cosmos E39 98 540i6M Sport- Sold
    Titanium E53 01 X5 3.0L - Current
    Titanium E60 05 545i Sport - Current
    Monaco E60 06 550i Sport - Current

My Cars
    1992 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by loser635 View Post
    I love my car too

whats so special about the Bav Auto CPs?

They say they're high performance and provide a more powerful spark for a more complete burn. I got them because they were on sale and about the same amount as the oem ones so i went for them.

My Cars
    BMW
    good deal bro. I've been thinking abou these too and im happy to hear you like them

My Cars
    1991 325i Coupe
    sorry to piss on your parade but normal coils would have done just fine. you likely felt the results from the spark plug replacement.

My Cars
    1997 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Empty View Post
    sorry to piss on your parade but normal coils would have done just fine. you likely felt the results from the spark plug replacement.

It's more than likely, but i did bavauto coils on my old 93 and they did change things.

The coils seemed to even out the power some, felt more even. To me, it mightve felt slower. I'm guessing nothing really changed. Best way to see what the coils do is to reinstall the old ones for a little while, see what you notice.

250.00 for all 6 really isnt so bad. Considering how much it would cost to go oem. If youre due to replace em, thats great.

For me, if I got to replace anything, I'll probably be doing them one by one, for the m52s the coils are an extra 150.00, so thatd be a no go for me.