Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Count down to WAR...

GGray is offline Did someone say racetrack BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    A few BMW's...
    So basically I could use the WAR to tune my 87 535is turbo, and convert it to MAF? Or will I need to wait for the pro version? Since I built it in 96 it has never had anyhting but piggy back crap on it.. Talk about problems...

I'm going plug and play on the next E36M3 turbo project....
    Gary Gray

If you can take it apart you can make it faster!

My Cars
    Turbo 3er
    keep us posted.... Brody, good work and thanks
    E36 in pieces

My Cars
    e36 318i 1995
    will there be a auto tune feature?

My Cars
    94 325i
    I highly doubt it.

My Cars
    1998 e36
    I see the software is very basic, the turnerpro with good xdf yealds more options and it is free. With new tunerpro version 5 you will be able to see what part of map the DME is reading, something same as megasquirt. I am already using beta version of tunerpro and I am able to see map tracing in my E30.

this is how it looks, similar to this:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1dDxZn0V4I[/ame]

The constants in the bin file are located near rev limit values, so for 02 on off it will be there somewhere, as well as other limiters and constants. If we all share some info we can brake this motronic thing wide open and help the comunity. I made few XDF files for bmw dme ecus so you can play with it for free here: http://www.tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm

My Cars
    F60
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstah View Post
    I still don't get it. An XDF built off of the information on here alone will net you more, and for free, and even with a cleaner interface. I am confused...

If this is what you guys really want, I will be releasing RobEDIT within a couple of hours.
    See, that's the problem with you and many of the TRM affiliated guys. Instead of making that XDF or a clean, well written article on the workings of the 413 DME and putting it out there for people to use, you have to hold your knowledge over other people's heads.
    Yes, bang it out and get that cunt moving. - Kenny

My Cars
    94 325i
    This guy may be productive for E30's but his uploads for the other DME's are just the same xdfs and bins openly shared on the internet for a while now (not his). Nice try.

My Cars
    '94 325iS
    Can't you already trace what parts of the DME are being read using the ostrich?

That would be huge for me to be able to watch what parts of my maps are being used.

My Cars
    00 540iTs Glacier, 06 RR
    Let's not turn Miller's thread into a Tunerpro thread. Please use the 413 tuning thread for this discussion.
    Last edited by 325icintn; 04-21-2009 at 07:10 PM.

My Cars
    e36 318i 1995
    will the software allow you to build your own basemaps ?

My Cars
    93 325iS
    Quote Originally Posted by hakentt View Post
    I see the software is very basic, the turnerpro with good xdf yealds more options and it is free. With new tunerpro version 5 you will be able to see what part of map the DME is reading, something same as megasquirt. I am already using beta version of tunerpro and I am able to see map tracing in my E30.

this is how it looks, similar to this:

The constants in the bin file are located near rev limit values, so for 02 on off it will be there somewhere, as well as other limiters and constants. If we all share some info we can brake this motronic thing wide open and help the comunity. I made few XDF files for bmw dme ecus so you can play with it for free here: http://www.tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm
    You failed to realize that the WARChip also allows 4 map on-the-fly chipping.. So you can use TunerPro as your interface to develop the maps, and then flash them to the WAR, and switch on the fly without your laptop.

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by GGray View Post
    So basically I could use the WAR to tune my 87 535is turbo, and convert it to MAF? Or will I need to wait for the pro version? Since I built it in 96 it has never had anyhting but piggy back crap on it.. Talk about problems...

I'm going plug and play on the next E36M3 turbo project....
    We have base maps that you can work with that are tuned for X size of MAF.

will there be a auto tune feature?
    No, there will be pretuned files available to download from the W.A.R. room though.

This guy may be productive for E30's but his uploads for the other DME's are just the same xdfs and bins openly shared on the internet for a while now (not his). Nice try.
    Hakentt love's his ostrich He manages to sign up where ever the W.A.R. Chip is being discussed whether we are involved in the thread or not. Soon after he seems to get banned for pushing ostrich down everyone's throat.

Let's not turn Miller's thread into a Tunerpro thread. Please use the 413 tuning thread for this discussion.
    Thanks for helping things stay on topic.

will the software allow you to build your own basemaps ?
    Please clarify what you mean. They will come with base maps. Do you mean an XDF type file?

You failed to realize that the WARChip also allows 4 map on-the-fly chipping.. So you can use TunerPro as your interface to develop the maps, and then flash them to the WAR, and switch on the fly without your laptop.
    You nailed it on the head. The W.A.R. Chip is more than just a simple tuner, it is a tool that can be utilized as a permanent solution no matter how you tune your car.
    Last edited by Brody; 04-21-2009 at 07:35 PM.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGmA View Post
    I have a stock DME noob question. If this WAR interface is very user friendly and we have no experience with XDF files and trying to identify code, if someone offers their OWN DIY base WAR tune to work off of would it then be as simple to change that as if you received a base tune for a simple standalone like the Tec 3R?

ie. Say once the Pro version is out there is a DIY guy who offers a base tune for 65lb injectors boosting up to 300kpa. I read the manual to learn the WAR software, load the tune and then should be able to change the fuel maps and timing maps sort of like a standalone, correct?
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    I have a stock DME noob question. If this WAR interface is very user friendly and we have no experience with XDF files and trying to identify code, if someone offers their OWN DIY base WAR tune to work off of would it then be as simple to change that as if you received a base tune for a simple standalone like the Tec 3R?

ie. Say once the Pro version is out there is a DIY guy who offers a base tune for 65lb injectors boosting up to 300kpa. I read the manual to learn the WAR software, load the tune and then should be able to change the fuel maps and timing maps sort of like a standalone, correct?
    Correct, We will have a bunch of tuned files (base maps) for different applications. They will be kept online in the W.A.R. Room. If you do X to your car and need to find Y tune (and if it is available) then you can import that base tune onto your computer/W.A.R. Chip and adjust if necessary.

Is that what you were asking?

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Brody View Post
    Correct, We will have a bunch of tuned files (base maps) for different applications. They will be kept online in the W.A.R. Room. If you do X to your car and need to find Y tune (and if it is available) then you can import that base tune onto your computer/W.A.R. Chip and adjust if necessary.

Is that what you were asking?
    Yes it is. I just wanted to make sure that the GUI makes it user friendly so it is very clear what map by KPA y-axis and rpm x-axis just like a standalone. Only difference is I suspect there would be more maps like part throttle, WOT throttle, idle, etc. instead of it just starting at 20KPA and going to 300KPA one one single map like a standalone. I understand there are also separate vanos maps as well? I only know the Tec 3R which uses a GPO Control Table for vanos.

Just making certain it won't be a completely different language and is somewhat universal to people familiar with different standalone software.

Will the only maps that will be available to tune be the ones that are necessary for change, keeping the others at default so the user does not mess with them?

Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Yes it is. I just wanted to make sure that the GUI makes it user friendly so it is very clear what map by KPA y-axis and rpm x-axis just like a standalone. Only difference is I suspect there would be more maps like part throttle, WOT throttle, idle, etc. instead of it just starting at 20KPA and going to 300KPA one one single map like a standalone. I understand there are also separate vanos maps as well? I only know the Tec 3R which uses a GPO Control Table for vanos.

Just making certain it won't be a completely different language and is somewhat universal to people familiar with different standalone software.

Will the only maps that will be available to tune be the ones that are necessary for change, keeping the others at default so the user does not mess with them?
    Gotcha,

The more complex functions like the MAF table and such will be "behind closed doors" so to speak in the Basic package. The Pro Version will expose the more complex maps and will be done in a way that is user friendly.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Brody View Post
    Gotcha,

The more complex functions like the MAF table and such will be "behind closed doors" so to speak in the Basic package. The Pro Version will expose the more complex maps and will be done in a way that is user friendly.
    That is awesome. Thanks Brody!

My Cars
    e36 318i 1995
    aslong as I can tune my m42 turbo with bigger injectors I will be all over this product
    Last edited by bearsbmw; 04-21-2009 at 07:59 PM.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    If whatever DME the e30/m20 uses will work with this then that might even give me a reason to pick up a small DIY project on the side.

My Cars
    Lucid AirGT, 97 M3 S54

Cam.. keep in mind that this will be using units that you aren't used to. There's no concept of boost, it's all based on air flow in some other units. i.e. There is no axis labeled kpa.
    A word of Internet Forum wisdom: Disregard any advice that begins with "I've heard..."

97 M3/4 - S54, TRM Coilovers, UUC SSK/Sways/LTW Flywheel

My Cars
    '97 Estoril M3 Turbo
    Have you guys thought of lining up investors to help fund the OBDII version of this? Becoming the first to release such a product would have HUGE implications for your company throughout the product life cycle. You would be like McDonalds or Coke essentially. Making a timely yet well researched and developed release of the obdII version would yeild you all great results. Something to think about.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    | GT35R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS Oring Block w/ elring | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 | Nick G Tuning |
    | 46mm Precision gate| 62# injectors | Dual Walbro's |
    Goal: 600+ whp pump gas reliable 10 second car.
    -2007 335i Sport Package

My Cars
    Lucid AirGT, 97 M3 S54
    Quote Originally Posted by rt turbo View Post
    Have you guys thought of lining up investors to help fund the OBDII version of this? Becoming the first to release such a product would have HUGE implications for your company throughout the product life cycle. You would be like McDonalds or Coke essentially. Making a timely yet well researched and developed release of the obdII version would yeild you all great results. Something to think about.
    Shark Edit is already out. You have to email Conforti for it.
    A word of Internet Forum wisdom: Disregard any advice that begins with "I've heard..."

97 M3/4 - S54, TRM Coilovers, UUC SSK/Sways/LTW Flywheel

My Cars
    '97 Estoril M3 Turbo
    guess I missed that release? thread link?
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    | GT35R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS Oring Block w/ elring | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 | Nick G Tuning |
    | 46mm Precision gate| 62# injectors | Dual Walbro's |
    Goal: 600+ whp pump gas reliable 10 second car.
    -2007 335i Sport Package

My Cars
    Red E30 Black E36
    So exactly how friendly will this be for the tuning inept?

My Cars
    94 325i
    if you cant tune its not because you dont have the software

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast