Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Count down to WAR...

My Cars
    Unicycle

The Count down to WAR...

A BMW Performance Chip -

With way more benefit.

The WAR Chip is not your standard BMW performance chip. It is a specially designed product that allows you to increase your performance of your engine in many ways. You can run multiple tunes on one chip, with the mini switch you can switch between 4 different tunes that can be stored on the WAR Chip. For example you can have, a street tune, a race tune and a valet tune stored on the WAR Chip which you can select between anytime with the mini switch.

The Mini USB connector gives you endless tuning possibility. With our WAR Chip Windows software you can custom tune your engine. Unlike traditional performance chips, the WAR Chip gives you the ability to modify your tune to suit any engine modifications you made. You will no longer have to worry about buying another chip or paying for a custom tune - you can do it yourself!

We have to remember this isn't JUST for tuning. It is the most flexible chip out there. As our tune library grows, tunes will be available for use if you are a member. If you couldn't careless about getting dirty tuning, use the WAR Chip as the most flexible chip ever! With the ability to select between 4 tunes, you can set you car up for an economy mode, performance mode, valet mode etc.

There is no need to tune, the product just gives you the option to do so on top of its already cool functions!

For further reading please visit our WAR Page.
    Last edited by Brody; 03-18-2009 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Added Info

My Cars
    93 325iS
    This is excellent new's Brody! I'm glad a DIY chip tuner finally was released!

-Roman

My Cars
    325i, 3/4ton Truck
    i have been waiting for this for a few months.

i email you guys but never heard back

43 days!!!! your killing me smalls!

Screen shots of software interface?
    Becoming a Professional OT Troll . CAN Bus Project: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QuRBQzGs-c VGT/VNT +LDA controller: http://dmn.kuulalaakeri.org/vnt-lda/

Quote Originally Posted by [B]SilverBeam[/B]
    Dude you're the biggest asshole ever. I will never reply to your texts or call you back EVER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkchaser
    I'm Stupid
    Diesel > gas

My Cars
    '94 325iS
    Ummm wow.

What's the catch O_o

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by zak View Post
    Ummm wow.

What's the catch O_o
    What do you mean?

My Cars
    Lucid AirGT, 97 M3 S54
    Wow, Conforti can SUCK IT!!!

Anyway, great job, Brody. Couple of questions:

Ability to modify MAF transfer functions for different MAF's?
    Ability to change injectors?
    A word of Internet Forum wisdom: Disregard any advice that begins with "I've heard..."

97 M3/4 - S54, TRM Coilovers, UUC SSK/Sways/LTW Flywheel

My Cars
    '94 325iS
    Quote Originally Posted by Brody View Post
    What do you mean?
    It just almost seems too good to be true.

If not and reserve one for me!

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuasha View Post
    Wow, Conforti can SUCK IT!!!

Anyway, great job, Brody. Couple of questions:

Ability to modify MAF transfer functions for different MAF's?
    Ability to change injectors?
    Control of those functions will be released under the "PRO" platform. The BASIC platform takes care of fuel & timing for PT/WOT and Idle There is idle speed conrtols, RPM limit and O2 on/of depending on load.

The Basic will be enough for the masses, however, for hardcore applications we will have the PRO version.

My Cars
    325is, 540i, M3, 2002
    this may sound dumb but is there an included computer software that will allow you to change those properties(idle, ignition, injectors and such)?

My Cars
    Lucid AirGT, 97 M3 S54
    Control of those functions will be released under the "PRO" platform. The BASIC platform takes care of fuel & timing for PT/WOT and Idle There is idle speed conrtols, RPM limit and O2 on/of depending on load.

The Basic will be enough for the masses, however, for hardcore applications we will have the PRO version.
    I don't see the basic version being enough for the FI masses, since you can't run much boost with the stock MAF.
    A word of Internet Forum wisdom: Disregard any advice that begins with "I've heard..."

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by nateb603 View Post
    this may sound dumb but is there an included computer software that will allow you to change those properties(idle, ignition, injectors and such)?
    Yes, There is a Windows Software that has applicable maps laid out. Unlike an editor where you have to find the MAPS the WAR GUI lays out the MAPS you need. I will get some screen shots in the next day or so.

--
    Brody Saari

My Cars
    93 325iS
    With no MAF transfer function in the Basic version, that means no car making over ~300whp will be able to use it..
    Last edited by SiGmA; 03-18-2009 at 07:22 PM.

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGmA View Post
    Wait, no MAF transfer function under the Basic version? That means you cannot make over ~300whp using it, that kind of makes it worthless
    We will see what happens. If people are screaming for certain features, they will be made available. For development we were sticking with the basics. It sounds like there is going to be a large demand for more features in the 413 realm. Once we get the product up on its feet those options will be available.

If there is enough demand before the release date, I might be able to swing something.

My Cars
    Lucid AirGT, 97 M3 S54
    We will see what happens. If people are screaming for certain features, they will be made available. For development we were sticking with the basics. It sounds like there is going to be a large demand for more features in the 413 realm. Once we get the product up on its feet those options will be available.

If there is enough demand before the release date, I might be able to swing something.
    We'll say that larger injectors + MAF functions will be needed by 99% of people who buy this for FI.

My Cars
    92' 525i
    This is pretty cool. Will there be a limit how many times the chip can be rechipped?

My Cars
    89 M3
    How much?
    ///MONEYPIT MOTORSPORTS
    89 M3
    00 M5 - DD

My Cars
    1989 BMW 325i, 2003
    Wow, someone put in the time on the EE work.

My Cars
    97 M3
    We'll say that larger injectors + MAF functions will be needed by 99% of people who buy this for FI.
    Seconded!!!

Any ideas on pricing?

My Cars
    325i, 3/4ton Truck
    you have an email waiting.

what about real time tuning?
    pointers to the cell the ECU is reading?
    data logging with a PC?
    changeable map size?

Acc & Decc enrichment?
    Becoming a Professional OT Troll . CAN Bus Project: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QuRBQzGs-c VGT/VNT +LDA controller: http://dmn.kuulalaakeri.org/vnt-lda/

Dude you're the biggest asshole ever. I will never reply to your texts or call you back EVER!!!!!
    I'm Stupid
    Diesel > gas

My Cars
    E36, WRX
    Neat, would love to see the interface. Someone was telling me about this, i just figured it'd be another emulator. Good to know there's an interface.

My Cars
    325i, 3/4ton Truck
    Quote Originally Posted by a32guy View Post
    Neat, would love to see the interface. Someone was telling me about this, i just figured it'd be another emulator. Good to know there's an interface.

and/or sigma?

I'm Stupid
    Diesel > gas

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by antonch View Post
    This is pretty cool. Will there be a limit how many times the chip can be rechipped?
    No Limit. The beauty is you don't need eeproms and you don't need a burner! you can retune you car until cars become obsolete if you live that long of course.

The basic package is 350 plus shipping and comes with everything needed.

you have an email waiting.

what about real time tuning?
    pointers to the cell the ECU is reading?
    data logging with a PC?
    changeable map size?

Acc & Decc enrichment?
    I don't know about real time tuning - there are emulators that do that already, but we definitely are going to be offering a cell pointer as you call it in the future. It all takes time and money. Once the product starts generating some revenue we will be doing the pointer thing. That is something we have already planned to do.

With time many more features/capabilities will develop. Going hardcore like changeable map size really depends on success of the product as a whole, not just to F/I guys.

My Cars
    E36, WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Keaton View Post
    Ah yes, it was you.

...With time many more features/capabilities will develop. Going hardcore like changeable map size really depends on success of the product as a whole, not just to F/I guys.
    Honestly, real time and map size isn't that big of a deal. Your PT fuel maps will be pretty close from the factory (which is where real time comes in handy).

The big issues for the 'PRO' version are:

*MAF table (this is easy)
    *Load scaling
    *Adjustment of table axis'
    *Injector Dead time
    *Acceleration enrichment (this is *key*)

I hope this takes off guys! Good luck!
    Last edited by a32guy; 03-18-2009 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    93 325iS

What Jim said! We need injector scaling and MAF transfer function modification, perhaps with popular MAF's built in even. This sounds super sick tho, like the failboatedit that will never be released, but real! Leave it to the guys across the boarder to gitrdone before JimC

My Cars
    Lucid AirGT, 97 M3 S54
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGmA View Post
    This sounds super sick tho, like the failboatedit that will never be released, but real! Leave it to the guys across the boarder to gitrdone before JimC

You know that suddenly that will be out on April 30th...

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast