Thread: What tires pressures do you guys run for auto-x?

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Question

If all goes well this weekend, I should be entering in an auto-x with my fellow BMW and Porsche buddies (and competing against two S2000s and at turbo impreza).

What tire pressures do you guys use on the auto-x?
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

Hey Kevlar,

The LA BMW CCA chapter reccommends that you bump the stock rims & tires up to 40-43psi. I ran with 40 during the practice laps at the last autocross and it seemed to work well...not too much wear. When the timed races started, I lowered the psi to get more traction and better times. Make sure you set the psi combo for your tire to oversteer if it's a slow and tight course.

My Cars
    White 2005 BMW M3 Coupe
    Hey Zippy M3 are you going to the Autocross at the Santa Anita raceway sponsored by the BMW CCA - LA Chapter? There are 3 left (April 8th, May 27th, and July 22nd). They sound like fun. Also what tire pressures are normal for regular daily driving? I have 33-34 psi in the front, 35psi in the back.

Gio