Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Model Year Changes

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Post 2004 Model Year Changes

<b> BMW Model Year 2004 Changes </b>

Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey, August 1, 2003 ... The changes to the 2004 BMW model line-up are listed below by Series and by model. Please Note: This is a preliminary document and is subject to change. Model equipment, standard and optional features for some models have not yet been finalized. Please check with us as to the latest status prior to publication.

7 Series
    745i and 745Li
    * Multi-Spoke alloy wheels (Style 94) will replace Double-Spoke alloy wheels (Style 93) as the standard wheel, combined with all-season tires. Also available with all-season run-flat tires (a no-charge option).
    All 7 Series Models
    * Adaptive headlights, which "steer" the headlights into roadway curves, available as an option.
    * Sirius Satellite Radio will be available as an accessory.

6 Series
    * An all-new 6 Series will be available in the Spring of 2004.

5 Series
    * An all-new 5 Series Sedan will be available at the end of September.

3 Series
    All 3 Series Models
    * 6-Speed SMG (Sequential Manual Gearbox) Transmission will be available on most rear-wheel-drive 3 Series, when combined with the Sport Package as of 10/03 production. It will not be available with all-wheel-drive or the 330i Performance Package.
    * Rain-sensing windshield wipers and automatic headlight control will become standard features on the Sedan and Sports Wagon - no longer part of the Premium Package (already standard on Coupes and Convertibles).
    * Sirius Satellite Radio is available as an accessory.
    325i and 325i Sports Wagon
    * 5-spoke alloy wheel (Style 119) replaces 7-spoke alloy wheel (Style 96) in the Sport Package
    * Bluetooth wireless hands-free cellular phone system will be available as an accessory, but not in combination with BMW Assist.
    325xi and 325xi Sports Wagon
    * 5-spoke alloy wheel (Style 137) replaces 20-spoke alloy wheel (Style 73) in Sport Package
    * Bluetooth wireless hands-free cellular phone system will be available as an accessory, but not in combination with BMW Assist.
    330i and 330xi
    * Black headlight surrounds and grill will replace titan silver.
    * Lower grill will be a combination of body color and black.
    * 5-spoke alloy wheel (Style 137) replaces 20-spoke alloy wheel (Style 73) in Sport Package
    * 330i Performance Package will be available with the optional 5-speed STEPTRONIC automatic transmission including Sport and Manual shift modes (does not include 330xi).
    325i and 330i - Coupe and Convertible (Available since March, 2003)
    * Automatic headlight control standard (formerly optional with Premium Package)
    * Revised front-end design
    * Revised front and rear bumper contours
    * Xenon headlights (low and high beams) now offered in combination with new Adaptive feature, which "steers" the headlights into roadway curves
    * Revised taillight technology, incorporating BMW's innovative Adaptive Brakelights
    * Revised wheel designs, both standard and optional
    * Revised exterior colors
    * Revised configuration climate-control panel

X5
    All X5 Models
    * X5 3.0i and X5 4.4i will receive an update, including exterior and styling changes, as well as a completely new all-wheel drive system (xDrive).
    X5 3.0i
    * 6 Speed Manual Transmission will become standard.
    X5 4.4i
    * 6-Speed Automatic Transmission will become standard.
    * New 4.4L Engine with VALVETRONIC and Fully Variable Intake Manifold
    X5 4.6is
    * Will be discontinued

X3
    * An all-new X3 Sports Activity Vehicle will be available in early 2004.

Z8 and BMW ALPINA ROADSTER V8
    * The Z8 has reached the end of its production cycle and will no longer be produced.

Z4 roadster
    * Sirius Satellite Radio will be available as an accessory as of 10/03 production.
    * Rain-sensing windshield wipers will become a standard feature.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 325Ci

2004 Changes for BMW vehicles

BMW Model Year 2004 Changes

The changes to the 2004 BMW model line-up are listed below by Series and by model. Please Note: This is a preliminary document and is subject to change. Model equipment, standard and optional features for some models have not yet been finalized.

3 Series

All 3 Series Models

* 6-Speed SMG (Sequential Manual Gearbox) Transmission will be available on most rear-wheel-drive 3 Series, when combined with the Sport Package as of 10/03 production. It will not be available with all-wheel-drive or the 330i Performance Package.
    * Rain-sensing windshield wipers and automatic headlight control will become standard features on the Sedan and Sports Wagon - no longer part of the Premium Package (already standard on Coupes and Convertibles).
    * Sirius Satellite Radio is available as an accessory.

325i and 325i Sports Wagon
    * 5-spoke alloy wheel (Style 119) replaces 7-spoke alloy wheel (Style 96) in the Sport Package

325xi and 325xi Sports Wagon

330i and 330xi
    * Black headlight surrounds and grill will replace titan silver.
    * Lower grill will be a combination of body color and black.
    * 330i Performance Package will be available with the optional 5-speed STEPTRONIC automatic transmission including Sport and Manual shift modes (does not include 330xi).

325Ci and 330Ci - Coupe and Convertible (Available since March, 2003)
    * Automatic headlight control standard (formerly optional with Premium Package)
    * Revised front-end design
    * Revised front and rear bumper contours
    * Xenon headlights (low and high beams) now offered in combination with new Adaptive feature, which "steers" the headlights into roadway curves
    * Revised taillight technology, incorporating BMW's innovative Adaptive Brakelights
    * Revised wheel designs, both standard and optional
    * Revised exterior colors
    * Revised configuration climate-control panel

7 Series

745i and 745Li

* Multi-Spoke alloy wheels (Style 94) will replace Double-Spoke alloy wheels (Style 93) as the standard wheel, combined with all-season tires. Also available with all-season run-flat tires (a no-charge option).

All 7 Series Models
    * Adaptive headlights, which "steer" the headlights into roadway curves, available as an option.

6 Series

5 Series

* An all-new 5 Series Sedan will be available at the end of September.

X5

All X5 Models

* X5 3.0i and X5 4.4i will receive an update, including exterior and styling changes, as well as a completely new all-wheel drive system (xDrive).

X5 3.0i
    * 6 Speed Manual Transmission will become standard.

X5 4.4i
    * 6-Speed Automatic Transmission will become standard.
    * New 4.4L Engine with VALVETRONIC and Fully Variable Intake Manifold

X5 4.6is
    * Will be discontinued

X3
    * An all-new X3 Sports Activity Vehicle will be available in early 2004.

Z8 and BMW ALPINA ROADSTER V8
    * The Z8 has reached the end of its production cycle and will no longer be produced.

Z4 roadster
    * Sirius Satellite Radio will be available as an accessory as of 10/03 production.
    * Rain-sensing windshield wipers will become a standard feature.
    e46 325Ci
    Jet Black w/Black Leather
    Sport Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Moonroof
    Bi-Xenons
    HK System
    NAV System
    http://members.cardomain.com/az325ci

My Cars
    s62, 2JZ
    Nice info.

My Cars
    Spaceship
    "* 330i Performance Package will be available with the optional 5-speed STEPTRONIC automatic transmission including Sport and Manual shift modes (does not include 330xi). "

LMFAO

Isn't the whole point of the 330i PP the 6 speed with the M3 LSD? I mean, the SLIGHTLY extra power is ok, and the styling is ok too, but why not just buy a regular 330i sport if you need auto?
    -Jarrett

'04 Scoobaru STi
    Cobb Stage 2 Accessport, HKS 3'' Catless DP, Helix 3'' Catback, Progress Coilovers, Cobb 25mm R. Sway, Cobb Formula Street/Track Pads, Whiteline Diff. Bushings, Rota Torque 17x8 w/ Hankook RS-2, Omori 60mm Boost Gauge, Ricer Wing.

My Cars
    s62, 2JZ
    True.

My Cars
    '98M3/4; 93 SCCA ITR
    The 330i Performance Package doesn't have a LSD. It's an open differential. Shutoff the ASC and you'll smoke the inside tire in a corner every time. Go figure.

My Cars
    s62, 2JZ
    PP with no LSD. Whatever people smoke these days..... How gay is that? You buy the PP for a reason right?

My Cars
    5/94 Euro 325i coupe
    6 Series

So the M6 is coming too in Spring of 2004?

Quote Originally Posted by ClintonM3 View Post
    the Audi A4 is a tweaked, cosmetically enhanced, cross platform, put-together overnight VW.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeuser528e View Post
    Staggard setups are for cars that you park at show meets. They go well with 5 screens and 3 12"s.

My Cars
    XJ
    No 4.6is WTF???
    Only in a JEEP

My Cars
    E92 M3,335i, Odyssey
    Originally posted by Evan e21
    No 4.6is WTF???
    Patience young grasshopper. 4.8 next year, probably with 380+ HP.
    SOLD: '96 Artic Silver M3/2 Lux Click here for pic's. 2003 X5 4.6is: Nav, loading floor, comfort seats
    2007 E90 335i: Titanium Silver/Black/Aluminum trim, Sport, Premium, Heated seats (for the wife), iPOD, MORR VS7
    2011 E92 M3: Space Grey/Black/Blue aluminum trim, Premium, iDrive, DCT

My Cars
    s62, 2JZ
    Originally posted by Daved
    So the M6 is coming too in Spring of 2004?
    That's in Europe. In the US it will be at a later date as usual.

My Cars
    XJ
    Originally posted by aus
    Patience young grasshopper. 4.8 next year, probably with 380+ HP.
    OK...you had me worried there I guess i will have to pick up one of those then:
    Only in a JEEP

My Cars
    s62, 2JZ
    Get me one too.....

My Cars
    M54,M52,EJ25
    I think they're discontinuing the engine the 4.6is is largely based on. I couldn't tell you the exact engine model numbers. The new V8s are all Valvetronic right?

330ci ZHP + ZPP + ZCW - SilberGrau on Black Heated Leather - 6MT - Adaptive+Dynamic Xenons
    328is ZPP - Black on Sand Leather - BBS RX - ZKWs
    Subaru BG Outback 5MT - Blue/Gray - WRX Wheels + Altimax Arctics

My Cars
    SMG
    first, a moment of silence for the 4.6.... now when are we getting a ///M roadster (Z4)? and any idea on when/how much for M6?
    Milltek pipes. Ground control coilovers. Conforti Tuned. V1 & iPod hardwired

My Cars
    1997 M3
    No more Z8

My Cars
    E92 M3,335i, Odyssey
    The M-Roadster is still a no go. BMW figures the stock motor is fast enough... guess they haven't driven an SLK AMG

I'd bet the 4.8 engine will also be valvtronic and seeing how Alpina was able to get 380HP out of a non-valvtronic 4.8L engine, who know's how much power they'll be able to produce?
    SOLD: '96 Artic Silver M3/2 Lux Click here for pic's. 2003 X5 4.6is: Nav, loading floor, comfort seats
    2007 E90 335i: Titanium Silver/Black/Aluminum trim, Sport, Premium, Heated seats (for the wife), iPOD, MORR VS7
    2011 E92 M3: Space Grey/Black/Blue aluminum trim, Premium, iDrive, DCT

My Cars
    '96 318ti, '15 Focus ST
    man an M-Roadster would still be very nice!
    BMWMOFO C6MPACT

My Cars
    98 M3/4/6
    Each year I'm hoping they'll make a 330 sport wagon, but I guess that's where the X3 will come in. I find it strange that you will be able to get a Steptronic with a PP but no SMG. Seems like 6MT or SMG would be the logical options with no possibility of getting the full auto.

My Cars

PP and SMG

From a document I have seen (dated July 10th), the SMG will be available in the Performace package as of March production. I do not know if this was a mistake on the sheet or not. Can anyone confirm this, or prove it false?

Thal

My Cars
    '97 M3 Coupe
    What's new for the ///M cars?
    '97 M3 Coupe
    JC CAI
    UUC TSE
    UUC Clutch Stop
    Hardwired V-1
    B&M SSK

2002 RC51
    Yoshimura Exhaust

My Cars
    '72 911S, '01 Z3
    Why no more 4.6? We need a MX....

My Cars
    98 M3/4/6
    does it really make sense to have a 4.6 when the new v8 is a 4.5? Most people won't see the difference as being worth the money. Now if they would put in a 5.0 400hp from the M5, then it would be worth the price difference.

My Cars
    2002 Mercedes C230
    I dont think the 4.6 going away is a shock... the Mercedes ML55 AMG was also cancelled for 04 so maybe they both found that there really wasn't a big market for $70,000 fast SUVs. (makes you wonder about the Cayenne's viability also...)
    2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Coupe/Hatch - Black on Black, 6-speed, 18" AMG Style IV wheels, Eibach sways, Kleemann exhaust, 11K miles.

My Cars
    ------------------->
    hubba hubba!!

cant wait to see them running

any info about the price?

: :
    <- wifey

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    Why arent U answering the questions Mr.Quattro??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast