Thread: are there stop signs that you need to stop at only during certain times of the day?

My Cars
    '11 M3 Coupe

are there stop signs that you need to stop at only during certain times of the day?

Kinda like the no turn on red between 6-9am signs. cuz theres a stop sign by my house on a 45 mph road, that cops always stake out. It use to be a two way stop, and because of a middle school there they made it to a 4 way stop. But at 2 am there's no abundance of middle school students coming out of class, so why should I have have to stop, then accelerate again. such a waste of time. So are there these types of stop signs in the states, and how can I make one if there isn't

My Cars
    :
    'Imagine whirled peas'

*"no matter how hot she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of her shit"

My Cars
    I own nothing.

Re: are there stop signs that you need to stop at only during certain times of the day?

Originally posted by toofast4U
    Kinda like the no turn on red between 6-9am signs. cuz theres a stop sign by my house on a 45 mph road, that cops always stake out. It use to be a two way stop, and because of a middle school there they made it to a 4 way stop. But at 2 am there's no abundance of middle school students coming out of class, so why should I have have to stop, then accelerate again. such a waste of time. So are there these types of stop signs in the states, and how can I make one if there isn't
    By our schools (well the local k-12) schools there are stop signs, but 1 hour hour after school lets out the signs are folded up. So really over the summer (unless an event is taking place with kids) there is no stop, and at night there is no requirement to stop. Only during the school year and during the time when they are in class.

XOC is offline Existentially Confounded
    My Cars
    Ninety-Nine SuperCharged TechnoViolet Em Three
    It's very simple really ... you do what the sign says. If it says "Stop, 9AM-3PM only" then before 9AM and after 3PM you don't stop, and the rest of the time you do. If it says "Stop", you stop .... always. Pretty easy huh?
    Lee

My Cars
    Originally posted by XOC
    It's very simple really ... you do what the sign says. If it says "Stop, 9AM-3PM only" then before 9AM and after 3PM you don't stop, and the rest of the time you do. If it says "Stop", you stop .... always. Pretty easy huh?
    You mean there is no secret/hidden message behind the STOP sign???

I'm shocked.
    'Imagine whirled peas'

*"no matter how hot she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of her shit"

My Cars
    Originally posted by Cyrus
    You mean there is no secret/hidden message behind the STOP sign???

I'm shocked.
    Well, if a female puts up the STOP sign then you have to stop immediately, but sometimes it will mean Go.
    Lee

My Cars
    '11 M3 Coupe
    Ok...well I guess I was misunderstood

All the stop signs in san diego, you have to stop at all times no matter what. I was wondering if they made at certain intersections signs that you only need to stop at certain times of the day. And per sachin...it looks like they do...now I have to justify how to get them to add it to our intersection

My Cars
    Ah ok, yea sorry I thought were asking if you have to stop all the time at a regular stop sign.
    Lee

My Cars
    '92 325i
    Originally posted by XOC
    Well, if a female puts up the STOP sign then you have to stop immediately, but sometimes it will mean Go.
    Hahaha....nice play on current events. Just goes to show how rediculous our laws are getting. Or, at least those that think up this crazy shit then pass it into law. This one has to top the cake though, what a crock of shit.

My Cars
    1997 M3
    Originally posted by XOC
    lol yes sometimes stop means go (ie yes)

My Cars
    '11 M3 Coupe
    this isn't friday night at a party guys...