Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lucky Dog Animal Rescue - Adoptable dogs, Events and Announcements

My Cars
    2010 335d
    Absolutely!

My Cars
    2010 335d

Lots of Lucky pups got baths from a team of wonderful volunteers!

Don't forget adoption event at
    The Dog Shop - 1625 Wisconsin Ave, NW Washington, DC 20007 this Sunday 12-2pm

My Cars
    2010 335d

This is our wonderful mom Risa and her 9 puppies who we rescued from Franklin County!! We couldnt have done it without Ginger, Christy, Jill, Whitney, Laura, and many others. Pups are now 4 weeks old!

My Cars
    2010 335d
    ADOPTION EVENT!!! This SUNDAY (8/16) from 12-2pm at the Rockville Petco (1507 Rockville Pike). See you there!

My Cars
    2010 335d
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue saved over 400 dogs since our beginning in mid-May!

My Cars
    2010 335d
    SC Hoarder Surrenders 300 Dogs - Lucky Dog Needs Your Help!

Late in the evening of August 31, 2009, Animal Control and the Sheriff from a rural South Carolina county began the process of sorting through 300 neglected dogs of all shapes and sizes from the home of a suspected hoarder. The dogs were found to be living in horrible conditions: they had been confined to crates at all times, with many of the crates too small. These poor dogs could only lay in one position and most developed sores from the bars of the crates. None had seen a vet, all are malnourished and have a variety of ailments that need immediate attention. We know of at least one that was rushed to a local vet with the worst case of hookworms that the vet had ever seen.
    The local Animal Control will likely euthanize any dogs not claimed by another shelter or rescue. Lucky Dog and our South Carolina partners are attempting to save as many of these pups as we can but we desperately need your help!
    1. DONATE: We are accepting donations that will go straight to helping these pups by paying for much needed medical attention, food, supplies and boarding while they return to health.
    2. FOSTER: We are accepting applications for new foster homes! You provide these deserving pups a loving and safe home while we work to find them a forever home!
    You can make a difference and give these dogs a chance at a normal, happy life!

http://www.luckydoganimalrescue.org/...eeds-your-help

My Cars
    2010 335d

Lucky Dog in the news

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-3...ew-Pup-in-Town

Faced with the current economic downturn, most people wouldn’t consider this an opportune time to start-up a new nonprofit organization. But regardless of the struggles and odds stacked against them, there are hundreds of dogs that are ecstatic that Mirah Horowitz and Kelly Spring took the chance to start Lucky Dog Animal Rescue. Since the D.C.-based organization’s inception only four months ago, they have placed over 450 dogs in forever, loving homes, and their success doesn’t appear to be slowing down anytime soon.
    Regardless of the hundreds of rescues already based in the D.C. Metropolitan area, Executive Director Horowitz saw an opportunity to help more animals in need. “We believe that people in the DC area need more help finding the right dog for their family. It’s difficult to know which dog to apply for based on an internet photo, so we created a Lucky Dog matchmaking team which allows people to apply to become an approved adopter without a particular dog in mind. Once approved, our team works to match that family with a dog that fits their needs.”
    Another unusual attribute of Lucky Dog is their promotion of animals that are still in the rural shelters, sometimes as far away as South Carolina. While searching through the featured dogs and cats on Lucky Dog’s adoptable pet list, you’ll likely stumble across some that have not yet been transported to the Washington, D.C. area. These animals, still at risk for euthanasia, are animals still at the organization’s partner shelters, and Lucky Dog uses their captive audience to try and attract more attention to these animals in need. “We try to help our shelter partners by posting their dogs before they come to DC,” states Horowitz. “ So, if we are unable to secure a foster or adoptive home in time, those dogs are at risk… but we do our best to get those dogs out of the shelter before their time is up.”
    As the organization continues to grow, it does not have the luxury of a stand-alone facility where it can house multiple animals in a boarding or kennel-like capacity. Its complete dependence on foster homes dictates the limited amount of animals they can house at any one time. However, the new organization has successfully recruited many foster parents to care for the animals they’ve rescued, accounting for the amazing number of adopted dogs and cats they’ve moved in such a short period of time.
    While the growing pains will continue into the upcoming months as the group continues to find its footing in the D.C. animal rescue community, Horowitz knows that all of this boils down to one thing. “There is nothing like the expression on the dog's face when they realize they're free from the shelter… and then seeing them later walk off with their new family member,” she says. “It’s really an amazing experience to help complete a family like that.”
    Last edited by jkuper; 09-10-2009 at 12:37 PM.

My Cars
    2010 335d
    Celebrating 50 and 500!

Transport September 2009

This was a HUGE weekend for Lucky Dog!!! We saved our 500th dog from certain euthanasia in a cold, lonely shelter! And, thanks to the hard work and dedication of our many talented volunteers, we were able to place 50 dogs in carefully screened, loving forever homes. We wanted to take a moment to recognize what an accomplishment this is and thank the many, many people to made it possible. We could never complete our screening process, do our home visits, vet checks, and interviews, transport our dogs, hold our adoption events, or even gotten these pups posted on the internet without our incredible Lucky Dog team. We are so incredibly proud!!
    Photos From Our September 09, 2009 Transport Arrival

My Cars
    2010 335d
    Ten Dogs Fly To Freedom!

Ace

Belle

Pilots N Paws Crates

Herbie

Miss Wednesday

Fefe

Rascal in the Plane

Ozzie in the Plane

Miss Wednesday

Rascal

Rascal and Ebony - In First Class

Rick with Miss Wednesday and Herbie

Riley

Ebony

Herbie

Ozzy Arrives

This Saturday (9/19) ten Lucky Dogs had the flight of their lives. Three generous private pilots, members of the Pilots N Paws program, flew them from shelters in three South Carolina counties (Pickens, Newberry, and Greenville) to find their forever homes in the DC area. Lucky Dog was able to arrange these flights as part of Pilots N Paws 5000 — a first-ever attempt to move 5,000 homeless animals out of shelters in a single week.
    According to the National Council on Pet Population, 9.6 million shelter animals are needlessly euthanized each year. Lucky Dog volunteers make it possible to rescue over 100 dogs every month by fostering, conducting screening interviews, vet reference checks and home visits, putting on adoption events, and raising the funds needed get them out of shelters and provide them with lifesaving medical care.
    Lucky Dog is thrilled to partner with Pilots N Paws in this effort — not only to save these ten Lucky Dogs, but to help increase awareness about different ways people can help animals in need, whether it’s by providing air transportation, becoming a foster home or general volunteering.

My Cars
    2010 335d

My Cars
    '95 silver M3 coupe
    Keep me in mind for any yellow lab puppies please!
    The Original GoldMember!!

My Cars
    2010 335d
    Dear Pet Lover,

My Brother and I lived inside a home not too far from here for 9 years. We got out once or twice because our owner didn’t take us places and we liked to explore. We didn’t have a very good fence around the yard. The last time we got out, our owner decided that after 9 years we were no longer deserving of living inside this home and we ended up in the county shelter. We are not spring chickens anymore, but we still have some years and energy left in us. Please consider adopting us and we’ll reward you with our unconditional love, unlike the one our owner gave us.

We are both neutered and micro chipped. We are Black Labrador/Rottweiler mix. We are both approximately 9 years old. We weigh approximately 60-65 lbs.

Sincerely,

Bruno and Marley

BrunoAndMarley@gmail.com

My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    I don't know how but I never really noticed this thread before. What a great program! I was at the pickup behind Rodman's on Wisconsin in early Sept, fostered a dog, and took her down to Alexandria the next morning for the adoption event. She was such a sweetie! If I hadn't been moving out of the country it would have been hard to say no.

For anyone who is on the fence about helping out:
    It's really not that much of a time commitment and it's a lot of fun (plus you get to hang out with/help dogs)!
    You also get to meet a lot of new people and you can get on the e-mail list to find out about future events to help at whenever you can.
    Don't be scared to volunteer even if you can only give a small amount of time because I'm sure every little bit is appreciated!
    -Chris

No Chrome on the Wheels, I'm a Baller for Real

My Cars
    2010 335d
    Marley and Bruno still in need of foster/adoption. They are out of the shelter, but not out of danger. They can't stay at their temporary home due to other dogs and cats there. They would do great together as the only dogs in the house.

brunoandmarley@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2010 335d
    Bruno and Marley have had a rough time lately and it's about to get more rough - they were surrendered to the Montgomery County Humane Society before Thanksgiving because their owners no longer wanted to deal with them. They did nothing wrong - they are sweet and loving and active and just all around good dogs. These guys lost the only family they've ever known and were only hours away from being euthanized when a kind woman stepped in and offered a temporary foster home for the brothers so that they would live to possibly see a new home. This foster mom is overwhelmed though, she has two dogs of her own and she works full time. We need to find new foster homes (or adoptive homes) for these brothers ASAP!! They are up to date on shots, neutered, microchipped, housetrained, walk well on a leash and know some basic commands. They can be fostered/adopted separately or together - but we need to give their current foster mom a break.

We, the small group trying to help these brothers, are not a rescue - we just live in the neighborhood where they used to live and we feel horrible about their situation. Each one of us would love nothing more than to take them in but we have the one thing that these guys can't be around...cats. If you have some space in your home for one or both of these brothers or if you know of a rescue that can lend a hand - we really need your help!!

We were able to get them listed on petfinder as a courtesy and a local rescue group will allow them to attend adoption events. We just need a place for them to stay until they are adopted -- please, please help!?

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15354563
    http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15354566

My Cars
    2010 335d
    Marley and Bruno still need a foster or a permanent home!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    E28 M5, E24 M635, E30 M3, E36 M3, M RDSTR, M COUPE

Marley & Bruno

CRAP!!!!

If I didn't have a cat, a Staffordshire Terrier, a Dane mix, and a Retriever/Chow mix...I'd be on these guys like a fly on paper! All of my furry friends are rescues, and the experience of pet ownership makes us more human, as I've come to learn

It'd be great to see somebody step up and get the ride of a lifetime with these two boys!

Great thread,
    Dan

My Cars
    2010 335d
    The temporary foster for these guys could no longer keep them and we were unable to find anyone else to foster or adopt. The were turned over to Frederick Animal Control and I am pretty certain were put down. Their ex-owners were also placed on the "do not adopt" list with some local rescues and shelters to try and prevent them from having another pet.

My Cars
    2010 335d
    Come meet some Lucky Dogs!

Adoption Event - Georgetown, Washington DC

When:
    Sun, Mar 14, 2010 12:00 PM - Sun, Mar 14, 2010 2:00 PM

Where:
    The Dog Shop - 1625 Wisconsin Ave, NW Washington, DC 20007

Map

Adoption Event -- Baltimore

When:
    Sat, Mar 20, 2010 12:00 PM - Sat, Mar 20, 2010 2:00 PM

Where:
    Dogma for Pets, 3600 Boston St #20, Baltimore, MD 21224

Map

Adoptable Pets from Lucky Dog Animal Rescue

Alvero
    Labrador Retriever,English Springer Spaniel
    Male, Altered
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Anjolina
    Labrador Retriever
    Female, Altered
    medium,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Baby Bella
    Shepherd
    Female
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Baby Corazon
    Shepherd
    Male
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Baby Rosalyn
    Shepherd
    Female
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Basil
    Labrador Retriever,Husky
    Male
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Ebony
    Labrador Retriever,Border Collie
    Male
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Farrah
    Golden Retriever
    Female, Altered
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Garrett
    Labrador Retriever,Golden Retriever
    Male
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Grant
    Male
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Gregg
    Male
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Hailey
    Labrador Retriever
    Female
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Ian
    Labrador Retriever
    Male
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

ILSA
    Labrador Retriever
    Female
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Isaac
    Labrador Retriever
    Male
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Lilly
    Labrador Retriever,Boxer
    Female, Altered
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Little Arianna
    Black Labrador Retriever
    Female
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Little Bingo
    Black Labrador Retriever
    Male
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Little Coal
    Black Labrador Retriever
    Male
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Little Savannah
    Black Labrador Retriever
    Female
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Lizzie Puppy
    Collie
    Female
    medium,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Nala
    Labrador Retriever,Chihuahua
    Female
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Noa
    Alaskan Malamute
    Male
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Sasha
    Rottweiler
    Female
    large,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Tinker
    Terrier,Boston Terrier
    Female, Altered
    medium,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Vita
    Terrier
    Female
    medium,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

Weezer
    Black Labrador Retriever
    Male
    medium,
    Baby
    Lucky Dog Animal Rescue
    Washington, DC

My Cars
    #199 IP BMWCCA
    What? where is the pic of King Louie II?!
    Eric WONGer
    2012 NASA Nationals GTS3 First Loser
    EX-#121 IP/GTS3 M3 SOLD
    Now-#121 GTS3 E46 M3

My Cars
    2010 335d
    LOL, you have not adopted him yet!

My Cars
    2010 335d
    Lucky Dog is looking for volunteers to help handle dogs at two GIANT adoption events. One Saturday in Reston, VA and one Sunday in Dupont Circle. Email info@luckydoganimalrescue.org if you can help!

My Cars
    95 1jz m3
    I really want nolan the puppy lab. If he's still available I can pick him up ASAP.

Edit: I just read further. Hopefully they'll still be available when I come home.
    Last edited by clay@bimmerzone; 04-27-2010 at 03:20 PM.

My Cars
    2010 335d
    I can not stress this enough - if you are looking to adopt, fill out the adoption application first! If you get set on a dog without it, you are setting yourself up for a potential disappointment.

My Cars
    E60 M5 | Ducati M796
    Are you looking for any foster 'parents'? I would love to adopt but tend to travel for work a decent amount, but I would be more than happy to foster some puppys. Please let me know.
    E60 ///M5 | 2012 Ducati Monster 796 | E92 335i Retired

///team BMW hawaii

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough"
    -Mario Andretti

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast