Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lucky Dog Animal Rescue - Adoptable dogs, Events and Announcements

My Cars
    2010 335d

Lucky Dog Animal Rescue - Adoptable dogs, Events and Announcements

Lucky Dog Animal Rescue is a non-profit corporation based in the District of Columbia.

This is a running thread with information about adoptable dogs and events. We are always looking for fosters, volunteers, sponsors and supplies. Please contact info@luckydoganimalrescue.org if you are interested in adopting or helping out!

It's Official! Lucky Dog is a 501c3 Non-Profit!

What does that really mean for you and donations made to help save homeless or injured pets? It means that your donation is tax deductible*. You can read the guidelines in this IRS publication! We are also available to answer any questions about where we are in the process and how your donations will help.
    We will be happy to share our tax identification number with you. Please email us at info@luckydoganimalrescue.org and we will send you any information you need!
    *Please see IRS Publication For Additional Details
    Last edited by jkuper; 07-17-2009 at 08:20 AM.

My Cars
    2010 335d

If you do not see a dog that captures your interest, if you are looking for a particular breed mix, or if you have specific requirements like hypo-allergenic or non-shedding, contact us with what you are looking for - we may know of a dog that fits your needs that has not yet been listed. Contact us at info@luckydoganimalrescue.org with details of the dog you are looking for and we will start the search right away.
    Last edited by jkuper; 06-18-2009 at 08:25 AM.

My Cars
    2010 335d
    This Friday night, March 27, ABC's Nightline will be investigating puppy mills! The show will air at 11:35 pm (Eastern Standard Time).

ABC Correspondent Sharyn Alfonsi and investigators from Nightline travel the byways and back roads of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania - visiting numerous puppy mills and filming Main Line Animal Rescue's volunteers as they rescue breeding dogs and puppies from Lancaster County's notorious Amish commercial breeding facilities.

This promises to be a very special program. If you are involved in rescue, advocate on behalf of the millions of puppy mill dogs interned in our nation's commercial dog breeding facilities, or if you just simply love animals, you will not want to miss this.

Sharyn Alfonsi interviewed, on camera, an Amish breeder while touring his facility - a first for network television. With approximately 500 dogs housed on his property, this commercial breeder speaks openly about an industry cloaked in secrecy and suspicion - the cruel factory farming of man's best friend.

It has been almost one year since Oprah's puppy mill show aired. That program received the highest viewer response of any Oprah Show in years. Now we need to spread the word about this very special Nightline. Only by educating as many people as we can, will we be able to help these animals. And after you watch the program, please don't hesitate to contact ABC and Nightline to thank them for casting such a strong light on the plight of our nation's puppy mill dogs.

My Cars
    m///
    i want norman, is he available?
    Quote Originally Posted by E46rage View Post
    Ahaha this shit is helluh funny & people are so stupid over iphones like that aha just because it's a IPHONE lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2010 335d
    Think Norman found his new family, but there are plenty of others...click "Adoptable Dogs" link in my signature.

If you are serious, feel free to stop by this weekend's adoption event in DC, meet the dogs and volunteers and fill out an adoption application.

Sat Apr 18 12pm - 2pm Adoption Event Capitol Hill
    Chateau Animaux 524 8th St, SE Washington, DC

My Cars
    More M than your M...
    jack still available? wife is looking for a black lab...

My Cars
    2010 335d
    Yep, Black Jack is still available for adoption.

Keep in mind guys that we work with high kill shelters and some of these guys do not have the luxury of time. Darlington County shelter euthanizes dogs every week. If you are interested in adoption, you need to fill out an application, get your vet references checked, home visit, etc done so when you find a dog you like or we find one for you, we can get him/her transported to this area and you can take them home right away.

If you are not yet approved by K9 Lifesavers for adoption and you find a dog you think you like, well, to be blunt, it maybe too late. So, if you are serious about adoption and would like to adopt from our rescue, get approved and we will assist you with specific breed, age, size or energy requirements.

In addition, IF you are approved by K9Lifesavers and find a dog you like through another rescue, you may be able to skip an additional approval process through them if you have already been approved by us. Every rescue is different, of course.
    Last edited by jkuper; 04-28-2009 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    95 Integra

Reston Pet Fiesta!!

Come meet the K-9s!!!

Date: Saturday, May 2, 2009

Time: 10:00am - 4:00pm

Street: 11900 Market Street, Reston VA

K-9 Lifesavers (www.k9lifesavers.org) will be at the Pet Fiesta with 60 dogs looking for their forever home!!!! We'll also be selling dog cookies and K-9 T-shirts!

The Pet Fiesta also includes a Tails on Trails dog walk, super pet adoption, paws-itively fun pet contests, exhibitors, pet resources, rescue groups and non-profits, a Doghouse of Style Fashion Show and more!

On-leash pets of all kinds are welcome.

FREE event, rain or shine.

http://www.petfiesta.org/

This event is also part of K-9's participation in North Shore Animal League’s 15th Annual Pet Adoptathon 2009! Help us set the record for dogs adopted!!!

Pet Adoptathon® is the world’s largest pet adoption event, with more than 700 hundred dogs, cats, puppies and kittens available for adoption in over 2,000 shelters participating in 26 countries worldwide. We are so excited to be a part of this network of rescuers! Read more about the Pet Adoptathon here: http://www.nsalamerica.org/adoptatho...thon-2009.html.

My Cars
    Z3 Roadster
    I picked up a 2000 Z3 yesterday and decided to join the forum. I was pleasantly surprised to come across this thread. I can't say enough good things about K9 Lifesavers. We adopted "Pickens" now named "Buddy" two weeks ago from them. I was very impressed at the professionalism and how organized they were. Please do all you can to support this outstanding organization. Below are before and after pics of Pickens/Buddy.

My Cars
    #199 IP BMWCCA
    Quote Originally Posted by laineyM3 View Post
    We'll also be selling dog cookies and K-9 T-shirts!
    They are some good cookies too. Baked with the supervision of 3 other dogs.
    Eric WONGer
    2012 NASA Nationals GTS3 First Loser
    EX-#121 IP/GTS3 M3 SOLD
    Now-#121 GTS3 E46 M3

My Cars
    2010 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpig View Post
    I picked up a 2000 Z3 yesterday and decided to join the forum. I was pleasantly surprised to come across this thread. I can't say enough good things about K9 Lifesavers. We adopted "Pickens" now named "Buddy" two weeks ago from them. I was very impressed at the professionalism and how organized they were. Please do all you can to support this outstanding organization. Below are before and after pics of Pickens/Buddy.

Thank you for the compliments, on behalf of everyone and the muts! Buddy looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by magnetic1 View Post
    They are some good cookies too. Baked with the supervision of 3 other dogs.
    Did you have to mop up your kitchen floor after from all the drooling?

My Cars
    2010 335d
    Just an update of the events which took place over the last few months. Without going into details, the rescue went through a "re-org" which resulted in a a split. K9 remained as a rescue based in Fredericksburg, VA and a new DC-based Lucky Dog Animal Rescue was formed. You can visit the new website by clicking on my signature and see the adoptable dogs at http://www.luckydoganimalrescue.org/adoptable-dogs

My Cars
    2010 335d
    Come meet a ton of great adoptable dogs this Sunday (6/28) from 12-2pm at the Dog Shop in Geogetown (1625 Wisconsin Ave, NW DC)!!! Lucky Dog Animal Rescue is a DC based rescue that brings dogs from high kill shelters across the eastern seaboard and places them in loving adoptive homes -- like yours!!!

WE ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS TO HELP US WITH THE DOGS AT EVENTS!!!! PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTEED!!!

Here are some of the great dogs that will be at the event. You can see them all at www.luckydoganimalrescue.org

DeeDee
    Husky,Beagle
    Female
    medium,
    Young

Dora
    Terrier
    Female
    medium,
    Baby

Easter
    Labrador Retriever,Shepherd
    Female, Altered
    medium,
    Young

Fluffy
    Collie,Golden Retriever
    Male, Altered
    medium,
    Young

Minnie
    American Bulldog,Pointer
    Female, Altered
    large,
    Adult
    Woofie
    Corgi,Shepherd
    Male, Altered
    medium,
    Young

Sneaky
    Black Labrador Retriever
    Male
    medium,
    Baby

Sprinkle
    Feist,Boxer
    Female, Altered
    small,
    Young

Black Jack <--- GREAT DOG! Out friend is fostering him now.
    Labrador Retriever
    Male, Altered
    large,
    Young

Katie
    Golden Retriever
    Female, Altered
    medium,
    Young

Lorraine
    Black Labrador Retriever,Shepherd
    Female, Altered
    medium,
    Young

My Cars
    2010 335d
    This good lookin' fella's name is Black Jack, but some have taken to calling him Raleigh (Rawley) because he comes from the South. Jack was rescued from a rural South Carolina shelter and brought to the DC area to find a new home -- a home that would appreciate him for all that he is - because there is a LOT to love about him. Yes, he's energetic - he's a young lab and his energy level is pretty typical for the breed and his age. But it's his personality that sets him apart from the rest. He's goofy, he's friendly, he's socialized with adults, kids and every kind of dog imaginable. He loves everyone he meets and nothing seems to phase him. He loves to play and run but he's got tremendous manners for such a young guy. He walks well on the leash, he's getting the hang of house training and he knows his basic commands. I can't say enough about how sweet and loving he is - he is just one big, even tempered love bug.

Black Jack just completed treatment for Heartworm so he is ready to Rock n Roll! He went for his first run with his foster mom and she says he is the perfect running partner - coming from a marathoner that's a high compliment!

If you are a family with active kids looking for a family dog or a single person who loves to be active outdoors - please consider Black Jack? You can find out how to adopt him (or meet him) by emailing Rebecca at rebeccak@luckydoganimalrescue.org. You won't regret it!

Last edited by jkuper; 06-29-2009 at 03:34 PM.

My Cars
    2010 335d

BBQ at Barrel Oak Winery on August 2!

Save the Date - BBQ at Barrel Oak Winery on August 2!

Barrel Oak Winery

11am to 3pm

3623 Grove Lane
    Delaplane, VA 20144
    (just one hour from DC!)

$20 suggested donation includes complimentary BBQ lunch for you, and unlimited treats, games and playtime for your dog! Plus a fun agility demonstration and lesson led by Jane Huelle — professional trainer and owner of The Dog Shop.

10% of all wine bottle sales will be donated to Lucky Dog Animal Rescue.

My Cars
    2010 335d
    Make it your Lucky Day and adopt a Lucky Dog this weekend!
    Chateau Animaux (524 8th st SE DC)
    July 5 from 12-2 pm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jkuper; 07-01-2009 at 12:31 PM.

My Cars
    2010 335d
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_gHB1JjT68[/ame]

My Cars
    E46 M3
    I have adopted numerous dogs over the years from shelters. These dogs have become family and best friends.

Please save a dog rather than buying a "breed". The little fellow will thank you for years.

Kudos to the best thread Ive seen on an automotive thread in years.

When we are ready for our next dog (we are considering a 3rd) I will be sure to get in touch.
    Wish we could take black Jack today.

If we are in town I will try and make the BBQ.
    Last edited by ShapeShifter; 07-08-2009 at 12:30 AM.

My Cars
    2010 335d
    Thanks!

Lucky Dog Bath-A-Thon on July 18!

Bath-A-Thon at Your Dog’s Best Friends!

Saturday, July 18
    11:00am - 4:00pm
    2000 Jefferson Davis Hwy
    Alexandria, VA
    $20.00 for a bath, towel dry and a brush out. All proceeds go to Lucky Dog!
    Bring Your Dog!
    Volunteer To Give Baths!
    Tell Your Friends!

My Cars
    87 325is euro-resto
    Every animal we have (my wife and I) has either come from a high kill shelter (our 2 aussies came from Durham county animal shelter in N.Carolina.... I love late night last minute road trips after being @ work for 12hrs) or a trashcan on Halloween (my longhair black cat). I applaud you for your work! We are currently searching for a replacement for her parents dog who passed on from old age . Thanks for youre hard work!

My Cars
    2010 335d
    MUST LOVE DOGS - BECOME A FOSTER PARENT TODAY!

We Desperately Need Foster Homes Now!

Do you love dogs but can’t commit to adoption? Do you want to help save lives and give back or just be a part of a fun and growing rescue group? We’re looking for short term commitments from local volunteers so that we are able to get more dogs out of the horrible situations they are in right now. So many are being turned in because of the recession - those pups have NO chance of survival beyond a rescue group committing to them. Rescue groups like ours cannot commit without a place for the pups to go because we don’t have the spare funds to pay for them. So won’t you consider opening your home for a few weeks to save the lives of some deserving dogs? You’ll never regret it, we promise!

info@luckydoganimalrescue.org

My Cars
    2010 335d
    Kevin,

We can certainly assist you in finding a dog. The process is straight forward

When you are ready to adopt a new friend, we’ll ask you to complete our friendly screening process, which ensures safe and successful adoptions!

• Fill out an Adoption Questionnaire found here http://www.luckydoganimalrescue.org/...stionnaire.doc

• We’ll have a brief conversation with you to determine your needs and preferences, find out about your daily schedule, and talk about your previous experience with pets.
    • If applicable, we’ll call your veterinarian to ensure that previous pets have been spayed/neutered, vaccinated, and well cared for.
    • For renters, we’ll check with your landlord to ensure that dogs are permitted and that the dog that you’re adopting wouldn’t violate any size or breed restrictions.
    • Lastly, we’ll visit your home to see the environment where the dog will live and answer your questions. This is a great opportunity for you to get valuable input on how to integrate your new pet into your home.

This process typically takes less than a week
    and then you are ready to take your Lucky Dog home!

Once you have been approved, we'll see if we have a match (right breed, energy level, age, size, etc) for you "in stock" (meaning already pulled from a shelter or able to be pulled and transported to this area) or we will look for one in the shelters.

To see the list of our dogs up for adoption, go to http://www.petfinder.com/shelterSear...shelterid=DC20

Also, do try and stop at the adoption event in Alexandria this Sunday from noon to 2pm at Chateau Animaux 101-A S St. Asaph Street Alexandria, VA 22314

My Cars
    2010 335d

70 Lucky Dogs arrive from their high kill shelters and get sent on their way to their foster or forever homes! Maybe your next pup arrived!!!

My Cars
    2010 335d

Upcoming Adoption Events

Saturday, July 18
    • 11:00 am
    • 4:00 pm

• 2000 Jefferson Davis Hwy Alexandria, VA

Sunday, July 19
    • 12:00 pm
    • 2:00 pm

• Petco -- 1507 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD

Sunday, July 26

• The Dog Shop - 1625 Wisconsin Ave, NW Washington, DC 20007

Saturday, August 1

• Chateau Animaux - 524 8th St SE, Washington, DC

Sunday, August 2
    • 11:00 am
    • 3:00 pm

• BBQ at Barrel Oak Winery!
    • $20 donation includes complimentary BBQ lunch for you, and unlimited treats, games and playtime for your dog! Plus a fun agility demonstration and lesson led by Jane Huelle -- professional trainer and owner of The Dog Shop.

10% of all wine bottle sales will be donated to Lucky Dog Animal Rescue.

• Barrel Oak Winery -- 3623 Grove Lane, Delaplane, VA 20144 (just one hour from DC)

Sunday, August 9

• Chateau Animaux 101-A S St. Asaph Street Alexandria, VA 22314

My Cars
    '13 135is, 2 vettes
    Quote Originally Posted by jkuper View Post
    Lucky Dog Bath-A-Thon on July 18!

Bath-A-Thon at Your Dog’s Best Friends!

Saturday, July 18
    11:00am - 4:00pm
    2000 Jefferson Davis Hwy
    Alexandria, VA
    $20.00 for a bath, towel dry and a brush out. All proceeds go to Lucky Dog!
    Bring Your Dog!
    Volunteer To Give Baths!
    Tell Your Friends!
    I'd love to come by and help bathe dogs for a little while (11-1) if that is OK...lemme know!
    '02 325i GONE
    '05 325i GONE
    '08 328i GONE
    '11 135i GONE
    '13 135is HERE!
    '89 Corvette Coupe - circuit track build
    '94 Corvette Coupe - drag/cruise/show

If you're upside down and burning, you probably went too fast.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast