Is anyone around here knowledgeable regarding the UK factory alarm for a '96 M3? I've had my M3 for 2 weeks, it came without a key fob, and I really want to get the alarm going again.

So far, I spoke to a UK dealer, and was assured that I needed the fob with red and grey buttons. So I ordered it, and downloaded a pdf with instructions om how to reprogram the alarm with the new fob. The pdf is the Total BMW Mag tech notes from May '04. Apparently you remove the glove box, remove the alarm control module and slide a switch to the coding position. Then you press the red button on the fob, slide the switch on the module back and you should have a working alarm again.

So I removed the glove box, and found the alarm control module. Problem is that it's mounted to the inside of the wing to the left of the ABS module, and looks pretty fiddly to remove. Before I go ahead, could anyone here confirm that it is indeed the module that matches the red/grey button fob? It doesn't look the same to me as the one in the pdf, but I haven't removed it so I can't be certain.

Here are a couple of pics of the area behind the glove box, and the alarm module.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! It's a 300 mile round trip to the dealer, so I'd really prefer to avoid that if possible...

Cheers
Frank