Thread: Increased emissions!?

My Cars
    BMW 545i

Increased emissions!?

Heading into the gas station and suddenly I get an engine block icon on the dash and the i-Drive yells Increased Emissions. My car came out of CPO about 2 months ago (Naturally!). So my questions are:

1-Am I looking at a huge repair bill if it's an O2 sensor or the DMTL pump as I have heard those are the common causes.

2- Does Bimmer Clinic here in Jersey handle e60's they are relatively close (I'm in Parsippany) so I would make the trip if they can help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thx
    Sean

'EvE' 2005 545i

My Cars
    2004 545i
    Did you ever figure out what your problem was with the increased emissions warning? I've got an '04 545i with 103K on it.. I'm assuming it's the O2 sensor.. wondered what you found-out and if so, what was the cost?

Regards.

My Cars
    BMW 545i
    The Thermostat turned out to be the issue. The part was $60 to buy but ended up chickening out and having the dealer do the install.

'EvE' 2005 545i

My Cars
    toyota corolla
    the dealer should scan the car to determine why the light is on.....those 2 problems are the norm but it could be anything. thermostat is possible/air intake boot...on average should be no more then $700.00 to fix and no less then $125.00