Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My dog ate my key....

My Cars
    99 MC, 86 951, 91 Toy PU
    Was able to access my downstairs comp and dig up this pic which was taken about six or seven years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    Z3 Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Esteves View Post
    There should be no need to reprogram the key or the car.

I ordered the full set of keys from BMW and all were already coded. The VIN is programmed into each key transponder. It should be simple plug and play and your car should start immediately upon using the key. Here is the cost of the keys

GENERAL KEY ILLUMINATED (51218205311) $53.85
    GENERAL KEY NON-ILLUMINATED (51218205312) $43.50
    VALET KEY - GREY (51218205310) $36.00
    SPARE KEY - PLASTIC (51218205313) $38.85

That's the price I was quoted from my dealership.

The keys with the remote built into them, those are the ones that are well over $100.
    Those are a LOT better prices than my local dealer quoted me this week!

My Cars
    06' Lotus Elise
    Is it possible to upgrade to the new style key with built in unlock/alarm button?
    Sold

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe, 2011 135i

Question

Is the pic from post # 49 the factory installed original alarm remote? Mine looks like that as well.

My coupe did not have one originally installed from the prior owner, so I ordered and had my mechanic install the factory alarm. I am surprised that the remote does not at least have a small roundel emblem and only has BMW lettering. Anyone else have one with a roundel or know if they were originally made? It kind of looks cheesy considering how much these babies cost.
    DCSKI [

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe, 2011 135i
    OK This guy would have a hard time after he swallowed the remote. He thinks he is a great dane and has been known to scare them off surprisingly. The doggles protect his eyes on our waverunners- he rides along.

DCSKI [

My Cars
    with cheeseeeeeeee
    Quote Originally Posted by dcski View Post
    OK This guy would have a hard time after he swallowed the remote. He thinks he is a great dane and has been known to scare them off surprisingly. The doggles protect his eyes on our waverunners- he rides along.

smart dog uses a key chain around the neck instead of eating his keys.
    google-black.blogspot.com kenvsryu.tumblr.comsonyalphanex.blogspot.com

Spence:You ever kill anyone? Sam:No, but I did hurt somebody's feelings once.
    join the Bimmerforums Chat: http://youtube.com/stream?s=235077632

My Cars
    2002 Z3, Pathfinder(R50)

Holy crap, you have my dog's identical twin! Scary similar!

Oh, and my guy's doggles are black with red/orange flames! He wears them when the top is down on the Z as we head to the beach!

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe, 2011 135i

Cool Russell Twins

Wow, I guess your Jack won't be eating any bimmer remotes either then. they're much better at acting bigger than they are and at chasing anything they think that they can catch

Please send a picture of your non-key eating Jack with the doggles in your car I've got to see this!
    Last edited by dcski; 06-09-2008 at 02:37 AM. Reason: forgot something
    DCSKI [

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe, 2011 135i

Talking Keys

Yup he's pretty darn smart. He has more intelligence than many people I've seen and strangely enough the little s_t knows it
    DCSKI [

My Cars
    e36/7/8's
    Is the pic from post # 49 the factory installed original alarm remote? Mine looks like that as well.

My coupe did not have one originally installed from the prior owner, so I ordered and had my mechanic install the factory alarm. I am surprised that the remote does not at least have a small roundel emblem and only has BMW lettering. Anyone else have one with a roundel or know if they were originally made? It kind of looks cheesy considering how much these babies cost.
    Every one I've ever seen looks like that, including mine. Except on mine the lettering is very faded :P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123