Thread: Need photo of back seats (split back)

My Cars
    97 M3,08 X5,08 328i

Need photo of back seats (split back)

I have a luxo '97 e36 m3 and am having trouble with my repair guy after a bad accident. he can't seem to get the seatbelts run properly thru the gap in the bottom area between the split back seats on my 2 door. If anyone has a photo or two of how it is supposed to look that would REALLY help me out. Right now the seatbelts are run under the seats themselves and the leather piece is not pulled up properly to cover the gap in the middle. ..HELP!

Thanks!

My Cars
    2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK430, 92 325i/4
    does this help?
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    97 M3,08 X5,08 328i
    Thanks but my seats are the luxo addition. Here's a pic that shows the problem
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2005 X5 4.4is
    A quick question... What determines the Luxo model?? My 325is looks just like that and does not have a piece there either. I tried to figure out what could go there but found nothing. I can get you pictures after 6:00 EST....

My Cars
    97 M3,08 X5,08 328i
    Luxo is the same as normal M3 but includes Spoiler, heated seats, HK premium stereo, computer console, custom interioir shceme (you can see the difference between mine and the prior pic), wood grain, and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
    THere is a leather flap that can be pulled up to cover that gap, but right now they are not able to get it to go all the way up and it hangs down at the top of the gap. THe seatbelts are supposed to be run through that gap as well somehow?

My Cars
    The Bavarian Falcon
    The center lap belt for the fifth passenger are supposed to be routed through that area.

The top of the rear in your first pic is normal, it's a leather aging issue, not a bodyshop issue.

And other than the type of leather, there is no difference between lux package and any other rear fold-down, it's the same seat.
    93 325is - total M3 conversion and more - Dinan SC kit - RMS aftercooler and tuning - 395rwhp on 91 octane.
    "....She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself." -Han Solo

CarDomain page

My Cars
    97 M3,08 X5,08 328i
    Thanks but I also believe the leather piece is supposed to be pulled up to cover the remaining gap once the seatbelts are run thru ..any comments about that? thanks!

My Cars
    '09 E90 328i
    I tuck in the 5th passenger seat belt in that gap (on a 328is) so that it looks cleaner.

My Cars
    97 M3,08 X5,08 328i
    That sounds like a good idea, thanks, would be nice if I could have the same leather as the seats in there somehow, but I guess I'll have to get them to mess around with it a bit for me.

My Cars
    '09 E90 328i
    Oh, I just looked more closely at that gap. You are missing the leather piece that goes in there, thats annoying. Hopefully the seatbelt will cover it up.

Is your 5th passenger seat belt isn't coming out from that hole?
    Last edited by rupes001; 07-29-2003 at 01:33 PM.

My Cars
    97 M3,08 X5,08 328i
    I've got the piece they just couldn't pull it up to cover the gap completely. This pic is a little old and they've worked on it since then. I'm going to ask them to try to run the seatbelst under the piece and that might conmpensate??

My Cars
    '09 E90 328i
    I'll check my car tonight just to be sure where the middle seat belts come from.

My Cars
    1994 325is, 1985 318i
    Hi,
    The reason that gap is there where you think a piece is missing is for your center seatbelt. So if you are not using them you can roll it up and tuck it in that "missing piece gap" and the buckle piece also. That way when the center belt is not being used and it's tucked in it has that "clean look(hidden)". IMO that's what I think and that's what I do. Plus I have the same thing in my 85 318i. "FOR THAT CLEAN LOOK"

My Cars
    97 M3,08 X5,08 328i
    awesome, thanks for all of your help everyone. Taking it in to the shop with confidence in the AM.

Cheets,

V