Thread: How to identify a 330 ZHP

My Cars
    e30iS / 09 TDi

How to identify a 330 ZHP

Hey...

I Think I stumbled on a 2004 330 ZHP sedan 6speed for sale...I think...I've never seen one in person so...help me.

How would I know its a ZHP not a modified 330? Is there anything on CarFax/something in the vin? Can I call a BMW dealer and give them the VIN to know?

Also, 2004 with 85k sedan ZHP worth $16,900?
    1991 318iS Volvo fan, aux input, and KYG struts/H&R OE Sport springs...Reliable, fun DD.

My Cars
    '05 ZHP, '18 F87M2
    If it's a ZHP, it will have an M emblem shifter, an M emblem steering wheel and M eblem on the wheels, That's the easiest way to tell. They also came with fake suede (alcantara) steering wheel, seats, shifter boot and E brake boot but not all have those. For instance, mine has leather seats. Also, it will have a really dark gray headliner. The tips on the exhaust are bigger and made of stainless steel and it will have a little lip spoiler on the trunk lid..

My Cars
    ESS TS2+ ZHP
    Black shadowline window trim and a 6800 rpm red line are clues and are items not likely to have been modified.
    04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 coilovers 550/650 | APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BimmerWorld engine mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | EMP Stewart water pump

My Cars
    '05 ZHP, '18 F87M2
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHP View Post
    Black shadowline window trim and a 6800 rpm red line are clues and are items not likely to have been modified.
    Yep, I forgot them... and red needles in the gauges...

My Cars
    2001 325Ci ZSP
    Look at this.

My Cars
    325is
    How much do zhp's go for, i really want one there hot cars.

My Cars
    04 330i ZHP
    i bought my 04 330i zhp for 17,500 with coilovers, 6 speed, intake, ps2 tires, 05 LED tailights, clear corners, tints, M3 steering wheel, ipod adapter and 56k miles.

Just wait and till you find that One

bimmerlifestyle is offline Stunning Individual BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46
    here you go OP

330 ZHP Performance Package (USA)

In January 2003, at the Los Angeles International Auto Show, BMW of North America introduced the 330i Performance Package, order code ZHP. This was a trim-level upgrade that included engine modifications for an increase of 10 hp (7 kW), 8 lb·ft (11 N·m) of torque, and a redline increase to 6,800 rpm (from 6,500 in the regular 330i). The ZHP option also provided a 6-speed short-throw manual transmission, a higher final drive ratio and speed limiter setting, a suspension tuned for better handling, and various BMW M interior and exterior trim elements. The color option of Imola Red replaces Electric Red when ordered with ZHP Performance Package, otherwise only available in the M-series. Europe received slightly more cosmetic upgrades with the UK Clubsport Package, available only for the 330Ci (Coupe) models. The ZHP package helped BMW fill the gap from the departure of the four-door E36 M3 in 1998, as the E46 M3 was only available in coupe and convertible form.
    The ZHP package was available for the E46 platform beginning with mid-2003 330i sedans, and the following year for 330Ci coupes & convertibles. It has become a highly sought-after model due to its unique modifications. Car and Driver magazine track-tested the car, which returned a 0-60 mph time of 5.6 seconds and passed through the 1/4 mile in 14.2 seconds.
    Specific details on the order package include:

Performance

• Lightweight flywheel
    • More aggressive camshaft
    • Free-flowing exhaust with 35 mm matte stainless steel dual exhaust pipes
    • 3.07 final drive gear ratio in rear differential
    • Tachometer with 300 rpm-higher redline
    • Suspension (comparisons are made to sport package suspension)
      • New M suspension, more "sporty" than standard sport package
      • Firmer springs (front +6%, rear +8%)
      • Firmer shocks (jounce: front +50%, rear +20%), (rebound: front +35%, rear -8%)
      • Larger diameter anti-roll bars: 23.5 mm front (v. 23.0), 18.5 mm rear (v. 18.0)
      • Lower ride height by 15 mm (.6 inches) utilizing shorter auxiliary springs
      • -.5 degrees of camber
      • Reinforced right & left front lower control arms with all-metal ball joints (more rigid forward bushings)

Aesthetics

Interior

• Sport seats in Alcantara/cloth combo (optionally in leather)
      • Anthracite interior headliner
      • Thicker ///M 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel in perforated leather or Alcantara with fingertip cruise, audio, and accessory phone controls
      • Short & weighted ///M shift knob
      • Aluminum black/silver cube interior trim

Exterior

• M-Tech II aerodynamic package

• M-Tech II front bumper with M-tech fogs and M-tech reflectors
        • M-Tech II rear bumper with diffuser
        • M-Tech II side sills
        • M-Tech lip spoiler

• Double-spoke (Styling 135M) cast alloy wheels
        • 18 x 8.0 front with 225/40R-18 performance tires
        • 18 x 8.5 rear with 255/35R-18 performance tires

• High-gloss shadowline trim around the windows

Last edited by bimmerlifestyle; 02-16-2009 at 01:35 AM.

My Cars
    1999 328i, 2004 330i
    Tachometer with 6,800RPM redline is the only way you can know for sure as that cant really be modified.

My Cars
    e30iS / 09 TDi
    Thanks everyone!

I will be going to the dealership to check it out after work today. I think its overpriced for the mileage, Id pay ~$14k for it defiantly not ~$17k.
    1991 318iS Volvo fan, aux input, and KYG struts/H&R OE Sport springs...Reliable, fun DD.

My Cars
    2006 ZHP 6speed
    I was wondering this same question today. I just bought a ZHP coupe. In person it looks "darker" than the average 330 since it has the blacked out trim and not chrome trim around the windows. But I am wondering -- what is the story with the 330ci badge on the rear bumper? I've seen some with the 330ci and some without. To me the car looks a little incomplete without the 330ci and I am wondering if it was an option or if the prior owner deleted/removed it...

I'd upload a picture of mine but can't figure out how without having to host it at a separate site somewhere...

A

My Cars
    '05 330Ci M Performance
    The car looks way nicer with after a de-badging. My coupe is debadged and I love it.

My Cars
    2006 ZHP 6speed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mstearnsy View Post
    The car looks way nicer with after a de-badging. My coupe is debadged and I love it.
    Just out of curiousity, that's what I'm wondering - was "debadged" an option? I see an equal amount of ZHP coupes with and without 330ci on the trunk. Wondering if they were all removed afterwards, or if that was a delete option.

My Cars
    '05 330Ci M Performance
    There is an option code at the factory for Badge Delete. I can't remember the exact code but you can debadge any car. It's a no-cost option but you'll pay a "special order fee".

My Cars
    '04 330i_'03 Mazda 6
    I want a ZHP

My Cars
    2003 330i ZHP
    Quote Originally Posted by m6gt View Post
    I want a ZHP
    Just keep searching www.cars.com

Found my eventually on there. Search all 330 cars, and look for ZHP ones in the pics. Most dont post that they are the ZHP or performance model.

Just searched for 5 min and found this ZHP near me. Good price too.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true
    Last edited by Acyd; 07-09-2009 at 11:46 PM.

My Cars
    German Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghAndy View Post
    But I am wondering -- what is the story with the 330ci badge on the rear bumper? I've seen some with the 330ci and some without. To me the car looks a little incomplete without the 330ci and I am wondering if it was an option or if the prior owner deleted/removed it...
    Badge delete is a popular factory option in Europe, but to get it in the US you would have had to pay most dealers a "special order" fee to have it done, assuming the dealership in question would even bother on your behalf (as stated above). It's not included in the standard repertoire of US market options (which is actually very limited compared to the list overseas, although US market cars do get a lot of items standard that their European counterparts don't - if you look at the actual build sheet for a US-spec car, even a supposed "stripper" will have at least eight or ten "options" equipped). Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that whatever debadged car you see stateside was done by the owner.

Most ZHP equipped cars are enthusiast-owned - a much higher proportion than even the M3 sees. Enthusiasts have a much stronger tendency to debadge their cars (I did and a lot of other people around here have). There's also a much higher proportion of debadged ZHPs relative to regular 330s for the same reason.
    Last edited by akhbhaat; 07-10-2009 at 12:53 AM.

My Cars
    2005 bmw 330ci
    So what is fair price of 2005 330ci zhp 169k

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Run the vin thru at the dealer and ask them is it the zhp car