Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2003 z4 automatic convertible top will not go down

Roman is offline The most guitars wins . .
    My Cars
    Z4, Boxster
    I had to replace the main motor on my '03 a couple of weeks ago. Bad motor due to piss poor design regarding water getting in there. It's not cheap . . .

My Cars
    Many
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I had to replace the main motor on my '03 a couple of weeks ago. Bad motor due to piss poor design regarding water getting in there. It's not cheap . . .
    No, it's not cheap, but cheaper than others..

A co-worker has a Saab, and to replace just the motor, it $1800.00. Total cost for the dealer to fix his convertable.. $2900.00
    You all never seem to have enough time to do the job properly the first time, but you always seem to find the time to do it a second time......... ME

Roman is offline The most guitars wins . .
    My Cars
    Z4, Boxster
    No, it's not cheap, but cheaper than others..

A co-worker has a Saab, and to replace just the motor, it $1800.00. Total cost for the dealer to fix his convertable.. $2900.00

Oh really? Dealer cost was around $3,400 just for the top . . . I had a local guy that is a Porsche, BMW and overall exotic car repair place do the top, 30K service and CDV removal for under $2,300 . . . not cheap but cheaper than the dealer for sure!

My Cars
    Z4, Excursion, Expeditio
    I just bought a used 2003 Z4 and after 3 weeks I am now experiencing top issues. Where/how do I check the fluid that's been talked about throughout this article? Thanks, Theresa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12