Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: THE OFFICIAL CHICAGO/IL Discussion/Events Thread.

My Cars
    93 525ia, 92 535it/5
    I will be starting a local cars and coffee meet this spring/summer/fall. Please pm me if you are interested, and I will add you to my mailing list.

I am thinking Sunday mornings, say 7 till whenever. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, let me know.

My Cars
    e36 M3, B5 S4, Camar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoNew View Post
    I will be starting a local cars and coffee meet this spring/summer/fall. Please pm me if you are interested, and I will add you to my mailing list.

I am thinking Sunday mornings, say 7 till whenever. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, let me know.
    I'm definitely up for something like this. Just try to schedule it so that it doesn't conflict with Supercar Saturdays

2001 Audi S4 Sold
    1997 BMW M3 Sedan Race Car - NASA GTS-2
    2012 BMW X5d
    1978 Camaro Z-28

My Cars
    99 528 02 M5 S2 05 X5 3L
    Quote Originally Posted by jays01s4 View Post
    I'm definitely up for something like this. Just try to schedule it so that it doesn't conflict with Supercar Saturdays
    7am on sunday I think would be a bit too early for most of us (since most of us are in our 20s)

Why not just piggy back off Supercar saturdays?
    I think that may be the only day whosnew has open...

My Cars
    2001 E46 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwMcrzy View Post
    7am on sunday I think would be a bit too early for most of us (since most of us are in our 20s)
    +1 and also because the Chi Metro area is ginormous, if I live in Vernon Hills and the meet is in Oakbrook, that's an hour - easy, right there. . .

But definitely some Windy city wide stuff should be coordinated, it would be fun.

As I type the words "windy city" I'm reminded that there is also another branch of the mother ship BMWCCA that does stuff on the weekends here. . .but it'd still probably be nice to have a smaller, stealthier, faster moving force. . .

Off topic, but pertaining to an old grievance that I'd like to air publicly. . .

I was a BMWCCA member about 10ish years ago or so and I attended the early-opening to the auto show day that they arrange (you get in an hour or two early on a weekday to the Chicago autoshow and the BMW north american VP talks to you for an hour and answers a few questions). Ok this was about 12-18 months, maybe a hair longer, into the X5 hitting the streets. And I raised my hand from the back and asked the guy if there would ever be "sportier versions, maybe even in the style of the older "csi" luxury-performance or an all out M vehicle, and even maybe a stick shift in any BMW SAV in the future. This C-SUCKER literally *laughs* at me, and gets the audience of 100+ to cajole with him. . .

First I'm thinking. . .nice attitude to a fellow BMW owner you prick. Then I'm thinking, that's so stupid - this isn't a truck, it's BMW and people will want it to go fast and handle better. . .

well well well. . .less than a year later the 4.6is comes out, later on the X3 comes out and is heavily offered in the 5speed manual (vs the rare occasional X5) and oh ya, there's an X5-M now. . .

so to you, the c-sucker exec from BMW n/a, looks like you turned out to be an idiot. . .and to the sheep who laughed with him, looks like you are poseurs too. . .ha

sorry, just had to get that off my chest. . .still pisses me off

My Cars
    04 330i ZHP
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoNew View Post

I'm down depending on location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... Bitches

My Cars
    '07 E92 335i

flickr
    BMW CCA #444326
    come see bought me

My Cars
    04 330i ZHP
    #manhole?

My Cars
    '07 E92 335i
    Anywhere else would be an insult.

flickr
    BMW CCA #444326
    come see bought me

My Cars
    1991 acura legend
    I'm down

Chitown7

My Cars
    99 528 02 M5 S2 05 X5 3L
    Another perfect morning missed to meet other fellow enthusiasts...
    Someone pick a Starbucks that can potential have a 20 car meet.
    I'll show up around 9 am.
    Last edited by bmwMcrzy; 03-18-2012 at 05:45 PM.

My Cars
    93 525ia, 92 535it/5
    I only have 3 people on my mailing list, and I am working on a web site Also.

YES, Sunday is the best day for me, ESP mornings because I am 40, with a family, and they take up a lot of my time. I figure Sunday I can let them sleep in and go do something.

Like I said, if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great. Suggest a Starbucks, talk to the manager, and I will send out emails and post in the local area forums. Or just let me know what areas you guys would like to do. Gotta start somewhere.

And a good suggestion would be to start it at 9 instead of 7.
    Last edited by WhoNew; 03-18-2012 at 02:39 PM.

My Cars
    04 330i ZHP
    Well I'm in the north shore area. Not sure where everyone else is but I'm sure I could find a spot around here somewhere.

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328I
    Let's meet already, darng it!

My Cars
    04 330i ZHP
    How this?

We'd need to probably talk to Buffalo Wild Wings and maybe even the Northbrook PD.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    99 528 02 M5 S2 05 X5 3L
    ^ That could work!
    chitownM.com meets there sometimes for Wed nights.
    There is a starbucks next to the BBW.

My Cars
    04 330i ZHP
    Yeah the moved over to a bar in Niles for the Wed night meets from what I hear. I assume this would be a Sunday AM thing. 8am-10am?

Also I know you guys expressed interest in it being weekly but TBH attendance wouldn't be very high on most occasions if that was the case - seeing the same shit every weekend would get old fast. once a month sounds about right - maybe the 2nd Sunday of every month?
    Last edited by UdubBadger; 03-18-2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    99 528 02 M5 S2 05 X5 3L
    Every week we vote the location for chitownM.
    You are talking about brickhouse on touhy.
    It has plenty of parking and a Starbucks next to it as well.

My Cars
    04 330i ZHP
    Ah ok

My Cars
    3 Black V8s
    Maybe meeting up 8-10 on a Sat instead and then caravan to Supercar Saturdays. This way it's once a month and will be a good time for sure.

Also last Wed we had 35 cars show up for ChitownM meet.
    Location will be up tomorrow on ChitownM.com for this week's meet.

My Cars
    04 330i ZHP
    Oh I was thinking this was more of just a local BMWs only thing. Why meet at all if we'd just end up at supercar anyway?

My Cars
    2006 e60 modified

road rally

We are organizing a road rally/scenic drive in Wisconsin along one of the best roads and best kept secrets of the area - Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive. We did this route in September it was bad ass.

See: http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/parks/spe...kmscenicdrive/ for [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]printable[/COLOR][/COLOR] map of route.

So far we have 8 confirmed [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]drivers[/COLOR][/COLOR] that are 100% in for the rally and we are working on getting more.

We are meeting at the LaGrange General Store parking lot (highway 12 and county highway H, see map: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ci...KaXIwAGjoa2VBg).

Time: 8:30AM sharp.

It is 115miles long and ends at Elkhart Lake (Road America) so we can do as much or little of this route as the group is comfortable with. I'm planning on bringing motorola talk-abouts, if anyone else has two way radios please bring them so we can keep the pack organized (I'll also have my Valentine1 in session - game on!).

Email me if you have any questions aniles04@gmail.com me if you guys have any questions. I hope you all can join us. Anthony

Photos and video from rally last fall:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...b000a1&type=1*

http://www.youtube.com/user/PRN505?feature=mhee

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328I
    When's the next meet? I wanna take my e90 to one of these

My Cars
    3 Black V8s
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007E90freak View Post
    When's the next meet? I wanna take my e90 to one of these
    Folks, this week's meet is on **WEDNESDAY** (3/21/12)

Buffalo Wild Wings
    1018 Willow Road
    Northbrook, IL‎

Note: Please park at the main lot farthest west. Meet time is 7PM.

All Cars Welcome!

http://www.chitownm.com/forums/showt...=3131&page=189

My Cars
    93 525ia, 92 535it/5
    Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    Oh I was thinking this was more of just a local BMWs only thing. Why meet at all if we'd just end up at supercar anyway?

Spot on.

Thanks for coming up with a location, but that is really far North for me. Of course if it's good for everyone else, I don't mind the drive.
    We are meeting this weekend, March 25th. We just need to choose a location. Something centrally located if possible. Think Oak Brook.
    Last edited by WhoNew; 03-20-2012 at 10:53 AM.

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328I
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoNew

Spot on.

Thanks for coming up with a location, but that is really far North for me. Of course if it's good for everyone else, I don't mind the drive.
    We are meeting this weekend, March 25th. We just need to choose a location. Something centrally located if possible. Think Oak Brook.
    Oak Brook sounds fine!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast