Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 318

Thread: THE OFFICIAL CHICAGO/IL Discussion/Events Thread.

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    1,732
    My Cars
    '95 silver M3 coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by ///Montizzle View Post
    Sounds good buddy. Wanna give me a ride in the M3
    I didnt see this post in time. I guess you will have to come by again.
    The Original GoldMember!!

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicago, Il.
    Posts
    59
    My Cars
    1994 325IS
    Sorry to jack the thread guys. I'm new to Bimmers and I just bought a 1994 325IS. I need to learn the lingo so I assume it's an E36 with an M50? Please correct me if I'm wrong. How do you guys think these things handle in these brutal Chicago winters? I have heard that a decent set of snow tires will take care of it.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Gateway To The West
    Posts
    725
    My Cars
    2001 BMW M3
    Hey Chicago:

    You are welcome to join us (www.MVPTrackTime.com) at our track events in your area includign the full track at Autobahn Country Club, Blackhawk Farms and (a bit of a stretch) Mid Ohio.

    Feff

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    1,732
    My Cars
    '95 silver M3 coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Feffman View Post
    Hey Chicago:

    You are welcome to join us (www.MVPTrackTime.com) at our track events in your area includign the full track at Autobahn Country Club, Blackhawk Farms and (a bit of a stretch) Mid Ohio.

    Feff
    Hey, sorry I havnt gotten back to you yet. Ive been meaning to. Its been crazy around the shop. Please dont count us out yet. I think we should be able to give you an answer after this car build.
    The Original GoldMember!!

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,336
    My Cars
    1997 M3
    Chicago right here

    Quote Originally Posted by Rare S 54 View Post
    Got a headlight burned out for an E46M3. Does anyone know where I could buy them locally? no auto zone stores carry them. I'd hate to pay dealer price on this. thanks in advance.
    Do you have HID/Xenons or just regular halogen lights? If its halogen then its a piece of cake

    Quote Originally Posted by javio1 View Post
    Sorry to jack the thread guys. I'm new to Bimmers and I just bought a 1994 325IS. I need to learn the lingo so I assume it's an E36 with an M50? Please correct me if I'm wrong. How do you guys think these things handle in these brutal Chicago winters? I have heard that a decent set of snow tires will take care of it.
    You have the M50B25 190hp engine.
    Youll be fine driving in chicago as long as the roads are plowed. My M3 has done pretty well over the years. ABS is awesome.
    Last edited by ///M LIFEŠ; 03-10-2009 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicago, Il.
    Posts
    59
    My Cars
    1994 325IS
    I'm going to have to check out the ABS, the light on the dash is on. I heard to check the sensors at the wheels you take an ohmeter, hook it up and spin the wheels. You should get a fluctuation in the resistance if they are working. Is this correct?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    12,292
    My Cars
    00' 528i, 11' Legacy
    Greetings from your neighbor to the east!


    Awesome!!
    I don't cruise the regional section too much but now I have a reason too!!

    We are planning another gtg in May at the IN Dunes State Park. (about 45 min from Downtown)
    We do this about twice a year, and the turnout is usually pretty good.(weather permitting ) We get alot of Chicago people as well as a few from Michigan as well!
    Link is in the E39 section, but everyone is welcome!

    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1188192

    couple pics...
    May 08'...




    August 08'...





    Last edited by FP5241; 03-11-2009 at 08:47 PM.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION

    - 2000 528i Sport
    -
    Got any questions about my car? Feel free to PM me!

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    381
    My Cars
    08 135i 6, 96 M3 2/5
    Quote Originally Posted by FP5241 View Post
    Greetings from your neighbor to the east!


    Awesome!!
    I don't cruise the regional section too much but now I have a reason too!!

    We are planning another gtg in May at the IN Dunes State Park. (about 45 min from Downtown)
    We do this about twice a year, and the turnout is usually pretty good.(weather permitting ) We get alot of Chicago people as well as a few from Michigan as well!
    Link is in the E39 section, but everyone is welcome!

    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1188192

    couple pics...
    May 08'...




    August 08'...





    Good to hear! I missed last year's event. Hope to be there this year.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,336
    My Cars
    1997 M3
    Nice rides out there

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicago, Il.
    Posts
    59
    My Cars
    1994 325IS
    Man, mine is a piece of shiite next to those rides.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    257
    My Cars
    75 Carrera, 95 S6 Avant, 97 M3

    Watch the F1 Race at CIR in Addison !

    On behalf of my neighbor and fellow gofastnut I thought I'd post what should be about the most fun an F1 fanatic can have in Chicago for the season opener Australian GP on March 29th. (Phfew!)
    Technically this is late, late, late night, Saturday the 28th.
    The new Chgo Indoor Racing in Addison will open it's doors late night for watching the race at 1:30AM.
    If you care to get a group and go karting beforehand, call Reed:
    Reed Bartuska
    Director of Track and Cybersport Operations| Chicago Indoor Racing - Addison
    2381 West Army Trail Road | Addison, IL 60101
    T: 630.433.3700 D: 630.433.3704
    C: 847.373.6531

    CIR in Addison is a huge racing lounge with multiple, multiple big screens and comfortable couches. Worth checking out.
    http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    381
    My Cars
    08 135i 6, 96 M3 2/5
    Quote Originally Posted by airbil View Post
    On behalf of my neighbor and fellow gofastnut I thought I'd post what should be about the most fun an F1 fanatic can have in Chicago for the season opener Australian GP on March 29th. (Phfew!)
    Technically this is late, late, late night, Saturday the 28th.
    The new Chgo Indoor Racing in Addison will open it's doors late night for watching the race at 1:30AM.
    If you care to get a group and go karting beforehand, call Reed:
    Reed Bartuska
    Director of Track and Cybersport Operations| Chicago Indoor Racing - Addison
    2381 West Army Trail Road | Addison, IL 60101
    T: 630.433.3700 D: 630.433.3704
    C: 847.373.6531

    CIR in Addison is a huge racing lounge with multiple, multiple big screens and comfortable couches. Worth checking out.
    http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/
    Our club is thinking of doing a meet there. I hear it is a blast! But can get expensive though.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    81
    My Cars
    84' GTi
    those meets in indiana are a blast! I ride with Jon, the owner of teh yellow GTI
    Proud owner of a 84' Rabbit GTi with about 70% floorboards

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    12,292
    My Cars
    00' 528i, 11' Legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by javio1 View Post
    Man, mine is a piece of shiite next to those rides.
    It's ok so does mine

    Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    those meets in indiana are a blast! I ride with Jon, the owner of teh yellow GTI


    Quote Originally Posted by Schalldampfer1 View Post
    Good to hear! I missed last year's event. Hope to be there this year.
    Lookin forward to it!!

    Last edited by FP5241; 03-25-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION

    - 2000 528i Sport
    -
    Got any questions about my car? Feel free to PM me!

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    12,292
    My Cars
    00' 528i, 11' Legacy
    UPDATE!!!


    I have reserved the shelter for our Chicagoland/IN/MI Meet.


    It will be May 02, 2009 at The Indiana Dunes State Park.
    We have started a list if you would like to attend. You can also feel free to bring an item or two from our list, but you are not obligated to do so.

    The park charges $5.00 for IN plates, $10.00 for out of state.

    Here is more info for anyone who would like to attend.


    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...2&postcount=59

    Hope to see you there!!
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION

    - 2000 528i Sport
    -
    Got any questions about my car? Feel free to PM me!

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    81
    My Cars
    84' GTi
    In
    Proud owner of a 84' Rabbit GTi with about 70% floorboards

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    94
    My Cars
    94 530i, 98 318ti m-
    Rumors have it that theres a meet on April 19th up at a certain Dave & busters. Has anyone heard anything?

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    201
    My Cars
    TiAg E36
    Indeed there is a meet on April 19th @ 12pm. It's hosted by Chicago Z.
    I think a lot of the ETK guys will be going. I might try to attend as well...

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central, IL
    Posts
    299
    My Cars
    95- 240sx SE 95 Trans AM 02- GSXR- M
    just dropping in to say hello....

    I previously had a E36 328, now have 350z. looking at switching back to the BMW family.
    2006 Z4 3.0i with ugly mods.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    12,292
    My Cars
    00' 528i, 11' Legacy
    Bump!

    2 more weeks until the Chicagoland/IN/MI meet!!!

    We now have 2 shelters @ the Indiana Dunes State Park.
    More info can be found here:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1188192


    Here's a list of people so far...

    Bimmerforums.com
    1.e39dream - chilli, cheese
    2.cdb3113 - Soda (pepsi and [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]diet[/COLOR][/COLOR] pepsi - 20 cans total), Gatorade 10 total
    3.FP5241 - Reserved Shelter, Charcoal (2 bags), Cooking Utensils for 2 [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]grills[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    4.ssparky1991
    5.needed_m_power
    6.lhollis3
    7.JerrySull2 - Plates, plastic ware, paper towels
    8.dixowk
    9.D540i -bread/buns total 40 (20 burger buns and 20 hotdog buns)
    10.MacR
    11.RJLupin
    12.curt2128
    13.BMW525i
    14.SleekBMW
    15.j7bizzel
    16.bagman(and wifey)-hotdogs - total 70 variety-Beef,Turkey,Veggie
    17.larinah (and lady) - more hotdogs and buns total 30
    18.BillB +1
    19.
    20.

    m5board.com
    1.Wi_KeD_M5 - charcoal, lighter fluid, lighter, hotdog buns 30
    2.wilsodh
    3.Sharpie12 - chips, gatorade 20
    4.gurba202 +2 - skinless sausages - total 50, potato salad
    5.6pack - hamburger patties - total 30
    6.adevera86 - soda (7up and Dr.Pepper - 24 total), hamburger patties - total 20
    7.awm
    8.Conaswr
    9.CWY_M5
    10.czarj66
    11.jasdad - water, 30 hamburger buns
    12.Obormot
    13.Bartek18
    14.twztataz - coke 12 cans, diet coke 12 cans, 30 hamburger buns

    ChitownM.com
    1.Schalldampfer1 - [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]dessert[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    2.Panda///Monic
    3.ch1townballa - chips, water bottles(50 total) and garbage bags
    4.Raz [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]BMW[/COLOR][/COLOR] 43
    5.bmwmcrzy
    6.///Montizzle
    7.99MPower
    8.MattMan - burger buns 20, hotdog buns 20, 2 botles of mustard, 2 botles of ketchup
    9.skabzskater2 +1 - Gatorade, different juices
    10.stickrod
    11.LagunaM3
    12.stefans +1 - fresh bread (4)


    Everyone is welcome!!
    Hope some of you can make it!
    Last edited by FP5241; 04-18-2009 at 03:02 AM.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION

    - 2000 528i Sport
    -
    Got any questions about my car? Feel free to PM me!

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,625
    My Cars
    E36/7M, E39Wagon, '12 X3
    Hey guys... Euroteknik.com They have meets every thurs in the north west suburbs... join the crew then you can access the forums.

    So Im interested in attending the may 2nd event, Im curious what age group is going to be there, my parents are in their 50s and drive bmers, and i own a couple. Also what is there to do at this park?
    Last edited by slvrXI; 04-20-2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -///Mike ///Michael ///Mikey

    pwn noobs /thread

  22. #47
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    516
    My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrXI View Post
    Hey guys... Euroteknik.com They have meets every thurs in the north west suburbs... join the crew then you can access the forums.

    So Im interested in attending the may 2nd event, Im curious what age group is going to be there, my parents are in their 50s and drive bmers, and i own a couple. Also what is there to do at this park?
    this is going to be a very wide spread age group. from 18-60. I don't think your parents are going to feel out of place.
    it is a bbq meet...basically eat, car talk and eat some more lol

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    346
    My Cars
    1991 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by javio1 View Post
    Man, mine is a piece of shiite next to those rides.
    Same here, but it's the love for the cars that brings us together, right?

    My schedule and funds aren't giving me a break anytime soon, but later in the summer I'd love to meet up. Does anybody have anything against bringing kids?



  24. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    86
    My Cars
    89 325IS
    If I get the suspension worked out by then, I may be in attendance.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    12,292
    My Cars
    00' 528i, 11' Legacy
    Everyone is welcome!
    As Adrian (gurba202) said, it's a bbq meet. Feel free to bring anything you would like. We have all the necessities covered.

    Don't forget your cameras!
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION

    - 2000 528i Sport
    -
    Got any questions about my car? Feel free to PM me!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •