Thread: Tricks in an M3

Question

Just a couple of things I was thinking about...

How do you do a proper burnout?
    How do you do a 180/360 spin?

In an M3 or in any car actually. I'm just curious as to what you need to do to pull something like this off. Don't worry, I won't be trying any of this stuff.

Ok, well for the spin, there are two types the intended and unintended. For the unintended merely acccelerate around a corner when icy. But to pull off a spin, you need to either be going around 20 to 25 ish in a very tight circle and then whip the wheel around the other direction while hitting the gas.
    To burnout and burnup your tires , rev to 5k and with a little bit of brake drop the clutch.
    Personally, donuts in a local empty parking lot when its nice and wet are a favorite.
    Avus Blue '95 ///M3

Help with the fight against cancer.
    Team BMW

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    How do you do a proper burnout?
    Rev the car up to like 4000-5000rpm with your right foot on the gas pedal and partially on the brake. Pop the clutch and push down harder on the brake. The front brakes will keep the car stationary. However... since the back tires are spinning it's frying your back pads and rotors...

How do you do a 180/360 spin?
    Way #1

Turn the wheel to one direction... rev to like 2000-3000rpm. Pop the clutch and push the pedal harder. The car will lurch forward and the back will start to spin around. Now the key... half way through the turn, your car will be reaching redline. The car will spin around the trick is to ease off the gas some so the tires can start to regain some grip to keep spinning you around... else you'll sit in one place while your tires turn into pillows of smoke. Keep alternating the power delivery and you'll do some perfect donuts. Been there... done that.

To do a 180... just start releasing the power 1/4 way thru the turn... your back end will start to grab and you'll start heading in that general direction.

Way #2

Enter a corner way too fast... stab on the brakes. The back end will slide around. This way is the non preferred way to spin... cause you really can't control it. Normally you go backwards into a ditch.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    M3R6
    Now the weird thing is that I could do 180's VERY EASILY at 40-50 mph in my old civic and my mom's rent a car (Geo Metro!!! LoL). I couldn't do it in my M3 though...not sure if my ebrake was wearing out or it's the rear wheel drive (can someone please answer this)....well....here is how I did it in the other two cars....Travel about 40-50 (the faster the better, but the more dangerous!) and pull the ebrake as hard as you can.....the back tires will lock up and turn the wheel so your car can go the other direction. There you go!

Alan
    1995 BMW ///M3 - current
    2001 Yamaha R6 CLE #74 - Wrecked due to CAGERS!
    1993 Honda CBR F2 600 - Project bike - SOLD!
    2004 - Honda CBR 1000rr - current

My Cars
    '95 Cosmos M3
    for rear wheel drive cars, you have to pop it in neutral and go about 40-50. Rip hard on the wheel and up on the e brake at the same time. if you put the clutch in and leave it in gear, you can do this method and when you're turned around, leggo of the e brake and nail the gas and pop the clutch! haha It's even more fun on wet pavement!
    Happy 180ing
    Nick
    Current: '07 VW Fahrenheit GTI; 2010 BMW s1000rr
    Past: 2003 M3, 6M, Steel Grey, Koni Yellows
    2012 Triumph Thruxton
    1995 M3, Cosmos on Black Vaders
    1993 325i Sport and Cold weather (limited slip!) packs, 5M

Thanks for the replies all! They were very helpful...Now it's time to sing and dance for rain...

My Cars
    M3

Talking

You guys are BRUTAL! "M3s!! Save yourselves!"
    pm332@hotmail.com