Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: no boost = no fun

My Cars
    Out of Service
    What BOV are you running? Is that surge I am hearing in the video?

My Cars
    e36 m3, e39 m5
    Quote Originally Posted by cragg56 View Post
    What BOV are you running? Is that surge I am hearing in the video?
    Yes it was surge. I T-ed into the BOV line by mistake. I corrected it already!
    11.75 @ 131 6262 2.8l TRM Tuning e36 m3 - 2011 http://dragtimes.com/BMW-M3-Timeslip-23541.html

My Cars
    6465 328ti
    sick pic, i have the innovate mtx-l as well!

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Nice pic. So, do you have any specs on the cams?
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    e36
    dammm! you have a great car and not to mention the power behind the wheels ...awsome and a great write up ...

ahh now the darkforce is getting stronger ...

My Cars
    skateboard
    Kool stuff OP.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    turbo m3
    I love seeing some DIY action.
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    skateboard
    What does a clutch setup like that cost?
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    '97 Estoril M3 Turbo
    Those wheels are fat! I think they will look pretty serious and sexy on that car. But with that huge difference its ganna understeer like hell. But I guess if you are running those DRs full time (??) then you arent planning on hitting clover leafs at high rates of speed.

Also, do I see 2 ASC buttons on that din piece?
    Last edited by rt turbo; 10-29-2011 at 10:45 AM.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    | GT35R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS Oring Block w/ elring | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 | Nick G Tuning |
    | 46mm Precision gate| 62# injectors | Dual Walbro's |
    Goal: 600+ whp pump gas reliable 10 second car.
    -2007 335i Sport Package

My Cars
    TT Stg2 M3, 17 S1000R
    Are you concerned with rubbing tires/fender? From the pics it looks like they will but idk what's your suspension. Maybe I worry too much?
    '97 M3- GC Track/School|Spraco strut bar|X-brace|UUC Swaybarbarians|w/ VMC adj End links| UUC systemU|SouthBend stg5 clutch|Powerflex RTAB/LCAB|UUC Red Tranny mounts|M50mani|Greddy EBC|Innovate LC-1
    M52 Crank, Cams, Pistons, Rods:

My Cars
    TT Stg2 M3, 17 S1000R
    Quote Originally Posted by dmb882 View Post
    Yes, two ASC buttons and neither one functions for traction control...

I'm just test fitting for the drag radials for now. I will run a smaller street tire as a street setup.

I will have to tweak the coil overs a bit and maybe pull the front fenders. No worries!
    Good stuff! Can you further explain the use of 2 ASC buttons or are you going to keep it secret?
    '97 M3- GC Track/School|Spraco strut bar|X-brace|UUC Swaybarbarians|w/ VMC adj End links| UUC systemU|SouthBend stg5 clutch|Powerflex RTAB/LCAB|UUC Red Tranny mounts|M50mani|Greddy EBC|Innovate LC-1

My Cars
    TT Stg2 M3, 17 S1000R
    Safety switch for the starter engagement and the other will be for power/low/high boost!
    Safety switch for start, is that like a theft deturant? (sp) Are you getting a push button and not using the key? Sorry dont know what this does exactly.

My Cars
    none
    So it looks like you shaved the signal indicators in the fenders... how did you do this?
    From the looks of it, it looks like you used straight filler? Maybe I'm seeing things

My Cars
    none
    So it looks like you shaved the signal indicators in the fenders... how did you do this?
    From the looks of it, it looks like you used straight filler? Maybe I'm seeing things

My Cars
    e36 m3, e39 m5
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby Colbs View Post
    Sheet of aluminum behind with fiberglass filler.
    11.75 @ 131 6262 2.8l TRM Tuning e36 m3 - 2011 http://dragtimes.com/BMW-M3-Timeslip-23541.html

My Cars
    '95 M3, 2001 f4i,
    more insight on mounting those fenders please =) dug up my old account to follow this thread

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby Colbs View Post
    FWIW I believe the 92-93 e36s did not come with turn indicators on the fender. At least my 93 E36 didnt. So if Im correct you could just swap fenders.

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Looking good!
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    e36 m3, e39 m5
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiks View Post
    more insight on mounting those fenders please =) dug up my old account to follow this thread
    What all do you need to know?

Basically I just cut out the fenders to the highest point of the wheel well and continued to cut and check the fender placement until I was happy with it. From there ground down to raw metal to prepare the surface for attaching the flares and rolled the edges to give the fender flare a support ledge. I can't remember the name of the product used to "glue" the fender on but it is some serious stuff! From there body filler w/ fiber glass in it to further bond the fender to the body.

The Rieger replica fender flares from DTM Fiber Werks were modified though. I cut the side skirt portion off a few inches above where the side skirt attaches. I notched the inner edge on the portion below the side molding to then allow the fender flare to flex towards the body on the under side of the side molding. This helped to reduce warping of the flare while allowing it to fit nicely, otherwise it was still kicked out an inch or so towards the bottom edge. After mounting them I decided to cut out the side molding step from the flare and fill it in as well as delete all the side moldings on the car.

Oh, thats a quick read but there are a lot of hours in all of that and still a few more to finish things up!

Hope this helps!

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Yes pics!
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    '95 M3, 2001 f4i,
    What all do you need to know?

Basically I just cut out the fenders to the highest point of the wheel well and continued to cut and check the fender placement until I was happy with it. From there ground down to raw metal to prepare the surface for attaching the flares and rolled the edges to give the fender flare a support ledge. I can't remember the name of the product used to "glue" the fender on but it is some serious stuff! From there body filler w/ fiber glass in it to further bond the fender to the body.

The Rieger replica fender flares from DTM Fiber Werks were modified though. I cut the side skirt portion off a few inches above where the side skirt attaches. I notched the inner edge on the portion below the side molding to then allow the fender flare to flex towards the body on the under side of the side molding. This helped to reduce warping of the flare while allowing it to fit nicely, otherwise it was still kicked out an inch or so towards the bottom edge. After mounting them I decided to cut out the side molding step from the flare and fill it in as well as delete all the side moldings on the car.

Oh, thats a quick read but there are a lot of hours in all of that and still a few more to finish things up!

Hope this helps!

thanks for the info! that name of that glue would be amazing to get! i have the same exact fenders im about to install them in a few months

My Cars
    skateboard
    Kool pics. I'm really liking that alpine white e36 widebody.
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3 View Post
    Kool pics. I'm really liking that alpine white e36 widebody.
    Agreed, with the lime green.
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    e36 m3, e39 m5
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiks View Post
    thanks for the info! that name of that glue would be amazing to get! i have the same exact fenders im about to install them in a few months
    I'll find out for you!

So now that I can shift the car... 11.75 @131mph w/ a 2.1 60'. The nitto 555r's hooked great at 22psi. I was easy on the launch to make sure everything stayed together and ended up placing 2nd in the modified class at a race covered by DSport magazine today in Fayetteville, NC!
    Last edited by dmb882; 10-01-2012 at 10:51 PM.

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Awesome results!
    This is my signature....

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast