I just wanted to let everybody officially know about a track wheel I’ve been actively working on since last April. The et20 version of the wheel was designed to fit the e30 m3 with a BBK, but is also a direct bolt on for the e28. These wheels are also listed on mye28.com

I was never satisfied with the selection of track wheels in the light weight category. They were either too pricey, not of a favorable design, or had clearance issues. This was especially true for the E30 M3 owner in me who wants to run a BBK, and a wheel without spacers.

This new wheel which will sell as the ARC-8 by APEX, and has the following features over other mesh wheels:

• Increased BBK clearance
  • Overall maximum weight reduction on the wheel
  • Better width and offset choices
  • Additional color choices
  • Removal of the heavy center cap
  • Accepts OEM roundel center cap

This wheel was created using the “Roll Forging” or “Flow Forming” process. The goal was to create a quality, light weight wheel at a fraction of the price of other mesh wheels with similar features.

The following sizes have been developed

I have samples of all 4 sizes in 3 different colors currently. Motorsport Silver, Hyper Silver, Hyper Black, with a test sample of matte black on the way. Other colors are available and can be produced with a minimum number of pre-orders. Only 17x8 et20 and 17x9 et42 were to be in the first order, but with enough pre-orders additional sizes can be shipped at the same time.

These are already open for pre-sale and a few e28 owners have placed orders. I will post more information about this, but if you are interested in reserving a set please see www.apexwheels.blogspot.com and contact me any time via email, PM or phone.

Now time for a TON of pics!

Direct fitment 17x8” et20 ARC-8 on E30 M3 with Brembo Kit

17x8.5” et40 ARC-8 with 15mm spacer on E30 M3 and Brembo BBK

17x8” et20 ARC-8 in Motorsport Silver next to a 17x8” BBS RC wheel in Diamond Silver with 235/40/17 NT-01

Current Color Samples. Other colors available on pre-order including Matte black.

Hyper Black (17x8" et38) (name will change as it doesn’t accurately describe finish)

Hyper Silver (17x8.5" et40)

Motorsport Silver (17x9" et42)(low light and flash do not do this finish justice)

Hyper Black (17x8" et38)

Hyper Silver (17x8.5" et40)

Motorsport Silver (17x9" et42) (low light with flash doesn’t do it justice)

Wheel details

17x8” et20 back side

17x8” et20 hub detail

Test fitting Lee’s Massive BBK