Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Most affordable MAF Conversion EVER

My Cars
    Unicycle

Talking Most affordable MAF Conversion EVER

Our GENIII MAF System is here for the M20!

GENII was expensive to produce and therefore expensive for the consumer. And it seems that 530.00 is too much money for the conversion, especially in this time of a slow economy. Over the last few months we have been working on a way to bring a MAF Conversion to market for UNDER 300.00 and we have done it.

It may not be made from Billet aluminum anymore, but the quality holds true to the Miller name, and the Performance is better than ever. I have attached the Dyno Graphs of a before and after on an M20 with our MAF installed. The gains are respectable.

The MAF is available right away for M20 cars with the bosch 173 380 and 525 ecu's. The tuning on these new MAF's is unprecidented. With the Motronic 1.3 being in the bag, we have more control over the Engine than ever before.

The Miller GENIII MAF is available right now at an introductory price of $279.00 USD Plus Shipping.

What can you expect?

With a MAF conversion, you can expect to see a good performance improvement all around. The MAF provides a better low end and mid range than going with a performance chip alone, also, you get better throttle response and drivability. The MAF Conversion comes with everything you need: The MAF, an adapter harness, performance enhancing chip and there is an optional housing adapter if you want to retain your factory air box.

If you already have a performance chip, you would need to replace the chip with the one supplied in the MAF Conversion as the car will run poorly otherwise.

To read more or purchase a GENIII MAF, please visit our store. Please see the attached Dyno Sheets too. Note that there was a Peak gain of 9HP and 14 Lbs ft. HOWEVER there are Substantial gains troughout the mid range. Also, the Tune AFR is MUCH smoother.

DYNO GRAPH

My Cars
    69 Nova, 84 325e
    Can you make a chip for the maf with 19 lb injectors? I have a Mark D chip but I hate the afm's lack of throttle response. I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I didn't already have Mark's chip and the 19 lb injectors.

Matt

My Cars
    15 X5, 02 330i, 09 MiniS
    Might we also expect a MS Paint forged dyno graph, or can we have a real one this time?
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

My Cars
    E34 Miller MS2 (M30)
    All dyno graphs are generated from our Mustang 1100 SE Dyno

My Cars
    88 325is
    Cool, now these kits are a pretty reasonable option. Nice that you can pick and choose the parts too.

My Cars
    '02 325ci '97 NA Eunos
    Why on your webiste is it required that you buy an ECU. I already have a chipped 173 ECU so why do I need yours?
    "Screwed" by ESS Tuning

My Cars
    '89 e30 mash up...
    Is the test car completely stock? How will this affect my other mods? BBTB, headers, 17.5 injectors... probable cam upgrade in the future

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by 1988 325ix View Post
    Why on your webiste is it required that you buy an ECU. I already have a chipped 173 ECU so why do I need yours?
    You have to use our software as the AFM tuned chips won't run the car properly. We have modified more than just fuel and timing on our chips to get the results that you see.

You don't need a new ECU, you just have to use our MAF performance chip.

Is the test car completely stock? How will this affect my other mods? BBTB, headers, 17.5 injectors... probable cam upgrade in the future
    We can help refine the software for your setup. The test platform was bone stock. another thing you MAY be interested in would be our UP AND COMING WAR Chip. Its time to start leaking some info on that...

This is the answer for all you guys needing a custom tune...

Attached Files Attached Files

My Cars
    '89 e30 mash up...
    I'd like to hear details... Conforti was promising something like this and it never came out...

My Cars
    90' 24v, 89' 325is
    would the chip cost an arm, leg and first born ?

My Cars
    Unicycle
    The SharkEdit was simply and editor, you would still need to buy a reader/writer and blank chips... You would need to find all the maps etc. etc. The WAR Chip is user friendly, your grandmother could tune your car. However, it is powerful enough that a good tuner can get what he needs done or your local speed shop can tune it for you.

Unlike SharkEdit, the WAR Chip WILL come - it is about 7 weeks away for final approval before we produce the first batch. It won't cost a lot. 350.00 USD gets you the WAR Chip, the miniUSB cable, and the Miller Windows Software.

Quote Originally Posted by gman3280 View Post
    I'd like to hear details... Conforti was promising something like this and it never came out...
    There will be more details coming. Once I get the User interface back again I will take some screen shots and post them on here.
    Last edited by Brody; 01-28-2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    87 325is euro-resto
    Sounds intresting.... waiting to hear some real world feedback dd feedback.... much better price than the BMP kit (that was quite a few years ago though $900)

My Cars
    too many bmws
    sounds interesting. good to see real dyno charts this time around and the price is good too!.

Quote Originally Posted by 610EURO View Post
    would the chip cost an arm, leg and first born ?
    the chip is included in the $279 price.

breaks down as follows:

MAF Sensor - $146
    Housing - $24
    Chip - $109

Optional adaptor priced at $45 (M20) for bolting to factory airbox
    Last edited by kishg; 01-29-2009 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    '91 SpecE30 #523
    '12 F30 328i Sport Line
    '00 F-350 Dually
    BMWCCA #360858 NASA # 128290

https://www.facebook.com/COTABBR

My Cars
    '87 325is
    your website says this product is currently unavailable.

My Cars
    Turbo M50 E30, 95 M3
    Is this shark edits twin sister who were both aborted?
    85' Turbo M50 E30 | 95' M3 Nitrous, Coilovers, DJ Autos, UUC SSK

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by straight6pwr View Post
    your website says this product is currently unavailable.
    There, the availability has been fixed. We have 10 M20 Kits on the shelf right now with more being assembled.

Quote Originally Posted by Nj85'325 View Post
    Is this shark edits twin sister who were both aborted?
    This isn't anything like SharkEdit.
    Last edited by Brody; 01-29-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    85 gti, 91 318is
    Will you be doing anything for the m42?

My Cars
    95 325i, 87 325i & 325is
    will your harness and chip work with an e36 MAF? If so would it be possible just to purchase the housing and ECU?? I already have an 96 M3 MAF I want to put in my car, that would save me money to purchase the housing and ECU.

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by mk2vr6 View Post
    Will you be doing anything for the m42?
    The last time we did a MAF conversion for the M42 it didn't go so well. We had pre-sold a number of units in order to cover the production cost. After having a couple cars and one we went to California to test we noticed that after about a week, things started going wrong with the tune.

It took about a week to adapt, but once it did, it WOULD NOT idle decently with the MAF. We have learned a lot since then, with our GENIII MAF's there might be hope, and with the things we have learned it my be possible.

For now, all that we plan on doing is the WAR Chip for the M42...

Quote Originally Posted by e30Terp View Post
    will your harness and chip work with an e36 MAF? If so would it be possible just to purchase the housing and ECU?? I already have an 96 M3 MAF I want to put in my car, that would save me money to purchase the housing and ECU.

We don't have a solution for that, sorry bud.
    Last edited by Brody; 01-29-2009 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1989 325is
    will this work with 19lb injectors?

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by rhett325i View Post
    will this work with 19lb injectors?
    We don't have software at this time for 19Lbs Injectors. We will probably get that tuned later next week. The stock injectors are more than enough, but the 19Lbs seems to be quite the popular mod.

Check out our website, as there will be new releases when that version comes out.

My Cars
    '89 e30 mash up...
    Wouldn't the WAR chip be able to handle tuning the MAF and 19 pounders?

My Cars
    88 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
    Sounds intresting.... waiting to hear some real world feedback dd feedback....
    FWIW, I DD'd my car with this kit and 19lb injectors on it for a year through hot summer and cold winter. Track, autox, rallyx, never missed a beat, never failed to start etc. The car would run very rich for the first few minutes after the battery was dc'd, but that's the same as the stock setup would when using too big injectors.

I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend this to anyone looking at getting a chip and getting rid of their afm for whatever reason, this is about as cheap as getting a chip and a used afm anyway.

some video from my car http://vimeo.com/user685628

So uh, about payment for that plug?

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by gman3280 View Post
    Wouldn't the WAR chip be able to handle tuning the MAF and 19 pounders?
    Yes most definitely, im just saying for those that don't want to dick around with their tuning, there will be a tuned file available for that setup.

My Cars
    69 Nova, 84 325e
    Quote Originally Posted by Brody View Post
    Yes most definitely, im just saying for those that don't want to dick around with their tuning, there will be a tuned file available for that setup.
    And when that's available, I'll buy one of these "kits".

Matt

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast