Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I dont see the big deal about graduating HighSchool!?....

My Cars
    2015 328xi, 1997 M3

I dont see the big deal about graduating HighSchool!?....

Whats the big deal?? It's not that damn hard, you can graduate with straight D's.....shiet, I just graduated and it was a frikin ruckus everywhere, before, during, and after......I was wtf, I passed high school, big deal, even the dumb ass druggies graduated.....I think the bigger part of it is getting into college, now that should be celebrated more than a graduation.....what do you guys think?

My Cars
    '72 911S, '01 Z3
    agreed....but college can be the same depending on where you go

My Cars
    '72 911S, '01 Z3
    You get what you put in

My Cars
    m3, 335d, 335i, g500
    ya man i didn't understand the big deal during my grad ceremony about a month ago. Some girls were crying, I was like ya finally I'm out of here!

"It never hurts your eyes to look on the bright side." - Charles Manson

My Cars
    2015 328xi, 1997 M3
    Well I understand I won't see most of the people ever again...but graduating HS was not that hard....

My Cars
    '14 Jeep GC+'16 VW Golf
    More than it being a celebrated victory based on crucial individual effort, it is a turning-point in most everyone's lives.

What I mean by that, is when everyone goes off to college, or works full time, or goes into the military- the relationship that you have/had with your class buddies change.

Everyone branches out into new circles of friends, and gets involved with other things, so even getting back together with your high school buds is not the same.

When I went to my 10 year high school reunion several years ago, it was as if I was sitting in a room of strangers.

Granted, by living in Tokyo, I am not a part of my friends lives- out of sight, out of mind...everyone had grown into different people, me included.

I did think it was sad when many people there mentioned that High School was the best time of their lives.....

I had plenty of good times and cherished memories of high school, but my life now is much more fufilling and filled with bigger and better things than I ever could have imagined as I was walking to the podium to get my high school diploma.

I feel sorry for those people who try to live in the past, and re-stoke the high school stories. Skipping class to go get donuts holds nothing on flying around the world in first class!!!

vapor
    Last edited by vapor; 07-23-2003 at 02:04 AM.

My Cars
    E46 325i, E60 545i 6sp
    high school graduation didnt mean shit to me
    anyone can graduate from high school, just fuckin show up to class

there is nothing grand about it, people are bandwagoning at that point.
    they make it seem like its so hard

what's a feat is graduating from college, within 4 years. now that's something to celebrate

Def is offline Lead Disagreement Eng PE
    My Cars
    SW22, Volt
    I for one walked away and never turned back, but the people that vapor mention that look back to high school with longer just never moved on.

It seems that some people tend to get "stuck" in a certain period of their lives, and the saddest group of people are those that view high school as the best time of their life. Bah... you couldn't have any real fun compared to the debauchery you can legally persue later in life.

I'm getting close to graduating from college, and I'm definitely feeling the urge to move on as well. I wonder how I'll feel after many years of working? I wonder if I'll just go postal and take out my bitchy coworkers one day?

My Cars
    1998 Jetta TDI
    Originally posted by CrotchMonster

what's a feat is graduating from college, within 4 years. now that's something to celebrate
    Ha ha! I couldn't agree more! Does anybody actually finish college in 4 years anyway??
    2006 Z4M Roadster

Sold:
    93 Mr2 Turbo
    93 Rx7 FD
    2004 S2k
    2009 135i

My Cars
    none
    I agree with vapor on all counts.

I passed, I got it over with, I am glad to be out of the hype and in real life. Yes, I do miss some things about HS (friends, parking, easy classes), and I do have some regrets (girls, sports, etc), but I've got bigger and better things to concur. Time to make some big bucks and live it up!

My Cars
    97 Evil M3/4, 01 M5
    Originally posted by HKSboosted2
    Ha ha! I couldn't agree more! Does anybody actually finish college in 4 years anyway??
    My friend graduated EECS at Berkeley in 3 years with a 4.0 GPA now THAT's something to celebrate. Oh and he still had time to chill with us, workout at the gym, and go to bars....haha...he's a smart guy...
    M3 Sedan Club President #21

My Cars
    M54,M52,EJ25
    High school graduation is like getting out of prison, that's why you cry with joy.

330ci ZHP + ZPP + ZCW - SilberGrau on Black Heated Leather - 6MT - Adaptive+Dynamic Xenons
    328is ZPP - Black on Sand Leather - BBS RX - ZKWs
    Subaru BG Outback 5MT - Blue/Gray - WRX Wheels + Altimax Arctics

My Cars
    1997 M3 Coupe
    High school graduation was stupid. Think about it; the VAST majority of people in the country graduate from HS, it isn't that special. I really hate the people who got all worked up over it.
    Drew | Dinomite.net
    1997 Boston Green ///M3 Coupe Lightweight wheels, non-luxury, no sunroof.
    1994 Volvo 940 Race Wagon

My Cars
    04 GTO
    For many it will be the greatest accomplishment of their lives.

FD
    Wer bremst verliert !

My Cars
    00xp race ski, 08 750il
    yup what dutchman said, many college goers after HS will drop out and never accomplish anything else. It might have been easy for all of us but that is because we all put some effort into it. Some kids i know had to go through alot of shit to get out of there and there damn proud of graduating. It also helps that most people in here are middle class and up, just think how much harder it would have been if you were poor throughout the whole thing. but yeah i aint ever looking back
    Cars sold now
    #150 WC emra
    andrew vovou

My Cars
    04 GTO
    Ask the same question on an F-body forum and you might get some very different answers !

No offense meant.

FD
    Wer bremst verliert !

My Cars
    85 325e
    Originally posted by Flying Dutchman
    Ask the same question on an F-body forum and you might get some very different answers !

No offense meant.

FD

"You graduated High School?"

My Cars
    '94 325i
    "Hi-Skool?"

My Cars
    m3
    Originally posted by RRdawho?
    My friend graduated EECS at Berkeley in 3 years with a 4.0 GPA now THAT's something to celebrate. Oh and he still had time to chill with us, workout at the gym, and go to bars....haha...he's a smart guy...
    Great accompishment and even better that he kicked it too. I think one's under grad is easy enough. You should focus on learning about yourself and interpersonal (between?) relationships. It's one giant mating ground and sex will never get easier. But remember guys don't just get like a 3.0 get a 3.7 or better. WORK HARD ANDPLAY HARD, words to live by
    "The main thing about money, Bud, is that it makes you do things you don't want to do."

"The great difference between us, Angelos, is this: you believe you have found salvation, and believing this, you are saved; I believe that salvation does not exist, and believing this I am saved."

My Cars
    '99 Z3 , '97 740iL, '90 735iL, '65 Sunbeam Alpine
    Originally posted by Flying Dutchman
    For many it will be the greatest accomplishment of their lives.

FD
    Sad, but true...
    Sig courtesy of ///Maniac

'99 Z3 2.3 '97 740iL '90 735iL
    '65 Sunbeam Alpine - Pimpmobile

My Cars
    E90, E34 (retired)
    high school is such a joke. then you go to college and realize high school did nothing to prepare you.

i also give props to those who are able to finish college in 4 years or less. most people i know didn't.

My Cars
    95 M3, 05 F-150 STX
    Speaking of which, did anyone see the MTV Made about the guy who was a fifth year senior trying to graduate HS?

It was really sad in a lot of ways, knowing that this guy was destined to be a gas station attendant or something.

But, as the old saying goes "the world needs ditch diggers too."

My Cars
    2015 328xi, 1997 M3
    Originally posted by vodomagoo
    yup what dutchman said, many college goers after HS will drop out and never accomplish anything else. It might have been easy for all of us but that is because we all put some effort into it. Some kids i know had to go through alot of shit to get out of there and there damn proud of graduating. It also helps that most people in here are middle class and up, just think how much harder it would have been if you were poor throughout the whole thing. but yeah i aint ever looking back
    That may be true for other high schools, but for my graduating class, 99% of the students graduated and all of them are planning on going to college......

My Cars
    BMW 325 i 95`, 2004 325 ci
    its not that hard....u can get in community college with whatever grades
    BMW 04 325 ci
    SMG
    Sports Package, Winter Package, Premium Package

2005 Toyota 4 Runner Sports Edition v-8

2002 GSX-R Telefonica Edition
    2001 Yamaha R-1 GO!!!

XOC is offline Existentially Confounded
    My Cars
    Ninety-Nine SuperCharged TechnoViolet Em Three
    Yep, I completely agree. I refused to attend my high school graduation, much to my parents' dismay. Likewise I never attended a prom or any other organized event at school unless I was forced to. I went to a public high school that is rated pretty highly as far as public schools go, but it still sucked, did not give me what I needed, alienated the hell out of me, and left me severely lacking for college. I had to go to community college to make up the slack. Luckily I totally got off on the freedom of college and went from barely passing in h.s to making straight As and the dean's list in college.
    Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast