Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: e34 radio wiring diagram

My Cars
    victory

e34 radio wiring diagram

everyone i need help i have a 92 535i and the wires are cut plus i have an aftermarket radio to install i need a diagram thank u in advance

My Cars
    '05 330ci Sport
    If you google you'll find what you need...I was looking a while back and while I didn't save the links, I don't remember it being too hard to find the diagrams.
    E34 6 CD Changer for sale Cheep...just pay shipping!:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...0#post15212510

My Cars
    victory
    ...uh yea its been three weeks searching havent found a solid answer yet,,,what better place to ask then a bmw forum with an electronics subforum?

can anyone help me

My Cars
    1994 BMW 530i
    This should cover it. Has the CD changer diagram as well

http://www.bavtech.com/e34-guides/19...nger/index.php

My Cars
    bf.c e34 contour
    nah... the old e34.net site had it, I used it yesterday.

I suggest instead you go buy a plug and a few inches of wire out of a junked car (or a part out).

My Cars
    victory
    good looking out AE and carmaniac however is the 3 series the same as the 5 series also, mine looks like it may have been cut and hard wired what do u suggest i do

My Cars
    1994 BMW 530i
    Was there an aftermarket radio there that you're taking out and replacing with a different one?

If so there should be the leads from the previous aftermarket radio. You could solder your aftermarket radio harness to the color-matched leads from the old aftermarket radio (just cut that connector off).

If you don't have aftermarket leads, you'll need that 5series diagram to match the wires and solder them together. Or you could do wut AE suggested and grab a male and female harness and solder both to their respective wires. Check Metra Online for parts. They make both connectors if you choose to take that route.

If space is really tight and/or you can't solder you could use crimp connectors in place of soldering, its not the ideal but it'll work nonetheless.

Good luck
    -Nick

My Cars
    bf.c e34 contour
    that plug is listed as for the 3 series (andthe 5's are the same)

If the OEM plug is gone, My suggestion is to get an OEM plug and splice it back in, then use the Metra adapter to the oem plug.

Alternately as carmaniac said, unless it is an OLD pioneer (pre99), all aftermarket radios use the same color codes, so red, yellow, white etc can be spliced like for like.

My Cars
    victory
    thanx peoples