Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: hakhawks quad bike carb'd 320i

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36

hakhawks quad bike carb'd 320i

it must be the month for it, seeing a few threads pop up with people buying new/more cars

just scored this one for $400(AU) on ebay. its got heaps less rust than the red one, so will be quicker to get on the road. plans will be exactly the same, just with a better base to start with. will be swapping the red front valance over(looks better), along with the doors(theyve got more rust than the red one) and maybe the bonnet(think we saw bog on the bonnet yesterday when we looked at it)

went and looked at it yesterday before commiting to another rust bucket, but its really good. slight ding on the left rear guard, but nothing to worry about, looks like its had rust cleaned up and resprayed once before(probably a good thing, since it hasnt spread)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&it em=130281097126

anyone in aus want the 14" wheels on it? ive got 2 sets of 15s, and once i put my brakes on it, the 14s wont fit anyway. i'll get some better pics of the whole car and wheels next weekend when i pick it up
    Last edited by hakhawk; 04-02-2010 at 03:37 AM.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Congrats on your new purchase. Its nice having two cars to swap parts between, isn't it? I was wondering if you would ship those wheels to US? If so, please PM me.
    I'd rather be driving...

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryHide1886 View Post
    Congrats on your new purchase. Its nice having two cars to swap parts between, isn't it? I was wondering if you would ship those wheels to US? If so, please PM me.
    pm sent.

i'll be getting rid of the red one once ive taken everything i want off it, just dont have the room at home, wish i did though

My Cars
    1982 BMW 320i Century Turbo
    its funny you should say that...

im looking at picking up an '83 gti. fresh paint and body work, full coil over suspension, 10 point cage, stripped, sparco racing seats, hot cammed 16v motor. im going to see it tomorrow. hopefully its as nice as i think

STOP PM'ING ME ABOUT MY WHEELS
    -Crager D-window , 17x8 et0 (then add 12mm spacers up front and 15mm spacers in the rear). falken ziex 912 205/40/17

My Cars
    81 318i..eurotrashed
    when was that up mate i check daily and didn't even bloody notice it!

My Cars
    1982 320i 5spd.
    Quote Originally Posted by hakhawk View Post
    i'll be getting rid of the red one once ive taken everything i want off it, just dont have the room at home, wish i did though
    Hakhawk, please check your private messages... thanks. Congrats on the recent purchase of your '77 on eBay, too. Cool little car.
    Cheers,
    Mark
    1982 320i 5spd.
    1987 Volvo 245DL Estate 5spd.
    1967 Volkswagen Beetle 4spd.
    Too many skateboards & surfboards to count.

My Cars
    e28 m535i, e21 323i
    I might be interested in a set of 14" bbs for my 323i...

PM sent
    Last edited by pjs323i; 01-19-2009 at 05:56 AM. Reason: typo
    OO=PJ=OO

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    replied to both. getting some tyres put on my sportmax 513 15"s tomorrow, so i can drop them straight on and get to selling the 14s. also clears up some more shed space

My Cars
    02 530/5 sport,68 Camaro
    And we yanks pay that much for the Euro bumpers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good deal you got.

My Cars
    1995 328i (e36)
    yep, i just bought a new toy too - a '95 328i 2-door (e36)

now i can have a stable daily driver AND something to play with

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    yay for less rust to work on. here it is, my $400 special.

theres heaps less rust on this one, most of it is surface rust. rear side windows have some rust, unsure til i take them out. both doors, left one is shocking, so thatll get replaced with a red one which has minor rust, right one has a small bit on the front that can be fixed easily.

im swapping the bonnet for the red one, as its all crazed and theres bog on it in a few spots and is beginning to rust on the underside. the red one just has a ding which ill fix up.

other than that, i need to swap the red brakes onto it, because one of the booster/master thingos is leaking(its got a dual booster setup on the left hand side, as opposed to the remote single booster on RHS on the red one) and i'll swap the stock bilstein struts into it, because the fronts are leaking.

also needs new seats

pics time(be patient, as i post this im capped, and any other time, my internet isnt that fast)

gotta love the sportmax wheels, put them on, then gave it a quick bath

bog and peeling paint, dont think they primed it or anything before painting

rust in the door, all along the bottom edge

slight ding on back wheel arch, will clean up and bog this, cbf making it pretty(might not even bog yet)

can see bubbles of rust, itll be worse under the trim

speakers in doors, that big blue strip at the bottom is mdf, thats gotta go, might paint the trims from red one and put on. has speakers and i think a mdf sheet on parcel shelf too

dash is clean, different to red one. i like this one better. stereo will go

holes been cut in seat back, unsure why, predone weight reduction :p

hole from antenna, gotta weld this sucker up

original plates he had in the shed for it, couldnt say no!!

bbs wheels that it came with, i'll chuck up a thread with a heap more pics of these sometime.

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    i managed to do some work to the car today(its been hot as lately over here, and its a bit cooler today, cant wait for tomorrow, 29c and showers!!)

we threw in some new plugs, coil, points and leads. will do oil and other stuff another day.

and i cleaned up the RHS rear window after the rust kill last week, primed it and slapped on some paint, just pressure packed it, as i will do with the rest of the bits we have to clean up for now. i'll do it all properly later on down the track when its on the road and i get bored.

its not perfect, didnt bother smoothing it, it just has to look one colour for now.

the new paints noticeably bluer, and more metallic. either the respray someone else did was with a different colour, or it was a while ago and its faded a bit. either way, its a close enough match for now.

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    scored some mx5 seats on saturday, had em in on sunday.

still need to paint the brackets and bolts, put some nylocks on the seat bolts and change the pissy 6mm bolts on the chassis to 10mm, and itll be all good. oh and a quick clean of the seats

feel brilliant to sit in, cant wait to drive it

our elaborate # pattern bracket, works good. might go to a 6mm thick bar later, see if it passes roady first and see how it fares after a bit of driving.

later on i want to drop the back a bit more, so you're sitting IN the seat as opposed to sort of ON it.

My Cars
    81 318i..eurotrashed
    that would be legal in wa not sure about there my supra seats are held in by bolt hole extending tags like that with an extra 30 ml rhs spacer on the gearbox tunnel side all legal.

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    was reading up on specs last night, bolts on chassis must be minimum 5/16" or factory bolts, so i grabbed some 8mm bolts and captive nuts today from work to replace the 6mm stockos.

plate needs to be min 3mm, this is 5mm, but needs a min 62x62mm area sitting against the mounting surface, so i might have to weld a plate on either side so the plate bolts to the car instead of just the ends of the plate.

My Cars
    81 318i..eurotrashed
    yeah btw, if you need an lsd i got the hook ups but they're bloody expensive.

you interested in flogging off a backseat covering? haha
    Last edited by skitzone; 02-03-2009 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    will have ab out 3 opens kicking around soon, thinking of getting one welded. might drop the cash on a lsd later on

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    got a few bits done over the weekend(dad and i both had an RDO today, so was able to get some more stuff done)

dad welded up a heap of holes in the boot area, and the antenna hole.

i vinyl dyed a few interior bits to match everything up. still needs more on the back seat.

cracks in seat brackets on car welded up and seats completely bolted in now

i sanded down the few bits on the lhs rear window frame after the rust repair, and chucked a bit pf paint on, along with a quick sand and paint over the dent on the wheel arch.

and i pulled the valance and grilles off the red car and bolted the valance to the blue one. mainly bolted it on to check itd fit.

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    keep forgetting this threads here

more work today, dad will do some stuff tomorrow, but i wont, gotta bloody work.

welded the rust patch in lhs rear quarter behind wheel, welded mirror holes up on drivers door, so i can reposition the new mirrors, welded clip holes in rhs door sill and grinded back ready for sandblasting

got the right hand side lower area painted bar the sill, which needs sandblasting and smoothing still. and we gotta respray the quarter just behind the door, had the gun on full pressure and it copped a bit much and ran(forgot to bother hooking up the regulator)

lower bit of back is painted aswell, and top section is smoothed of all holes, ready for paint.

and left hand side was still drying, so couldnt sand it back today.

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    yay for long weekends(with some half decent weather for a change!!)

between today and yesterday, both sides, front and back lower is now all grey. lhs lower door is grey, rhs door i took about 1/2kg of bog out of and is almost ready for some grey.

got rear sides primed ready for paint tomorrow, painted rear center area and boot seal area.

primed and waiting

whole things definately gonna need a redo in blue, this is what its "supposed" to look like, much more blue than the old crap that was put on it.

speaking of old crap, some masking tape decided to peel off a section of old paint with ease

oh, and i got what i think is the last rusty hole welded today. still some surface rust hiding under the carpet, but i'll deal with that when i rip the sound deadener out(after rego)

My Cars
    77 320i 82 320is 93 f150
    keep up the good work. I love your rims

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac320i View Post
    keep up the good work. I love your rims
    cheers, so do i!! was love at first sight with them.

im rather impressed with how close the grey is for the car to the wheels. which was a fluke, because i chose the grey from a different car, not knowing exactly what colour it would come out as.
    Last edited by hakhawk; 03-09-2009 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    and thats the long weekend gone. next weekends half out, gotta go get a car for grandpa, and dads gotta drop a clutch in it. should get some done though.

bumper on, lock in, one light in.

doors on, some trims on, gotta put a window back in lhs door, and handles.

My Cars
    02 530/5 sport,68 Camaro
    Looking great!!!!!

My Cars
    80 320i
    awesome job, looks great!
    definitely need to do this to mine it would look much better
    im curious, i dont care how long it'd take me but, how much did you spend on all the paint?

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast