Thread: What do you guys think of the changes made to the upcoming 2002 3-series?!?

My Cars
    e36 e39 367

What do you guys think of the changes made to the upcoming 2002 3-series?!?

Here's a couple pics in case you haven't already seen it. Looks pretty slick...not sure about the fogs though.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/010629-1.htm

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Thumbs down

I don't like it... means I'm stuck buying a 2001 M3. If the 2002 M3 has the new facia I'm not going to like it, I wonder if it's possible to change it back?
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

Home: Bay Area, California |||| College: UCSB
    Dont like the front at all... lights and front lip spoiler look awful. BMW has made up my mind for me... my E36 will be the last bimmer I own.
    - Jon, '93 325is

My Cars
    01 330Ci

Thumbs down

Yeah, I don't like it either. front kinda looks like a saab

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Quoting my dad...

"No.. that doesn't look good at all. If they change my '02 530i to look anything like that... I'm cancelling my order."

Right now, I'm stuck on a 2001 M3. If the new M3 has the new facia, I'm going to have to find a new front body kit to make it better. Retrofit the old front end or something.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    Lots
    It blows chunks.

The current 330CI M-Technic front looks MUCH better.

These guys have lost it.

My Cars
    E36 M3/2, 997 Turbo
    Well don't cry too hard, I think the new e46 sport package front looks more like the current M3. I saw a picture of it somewhere, but can't remember where.
    Current:
    1999 e36 M3 coupe Titanium Silver
    2009 997 911 Turbo Meteor Gray
    Gone but not forgotten:
    2007 E92 335i Spacegrau/Coral : RETURNED
    2006 Lotus Elise Polar Blue/Red SOLD
    1997 E36 328is Arctic Silver: SOLD

My Cars
    2013 335i xdrive msport
    Yeah, the new sport front looks bad ass, somebody had it posted up earlier.......but the normal fronts look fugly
    ~Chris

These changes do not apply to the 2 door CI's or the M3.

My Cars
    96 328is Sprt Pkg
    I'm not really a fan of bodykits and everything.. but I think you could fix most of whats wrong with that car with aftermarket styling items... like the front bumper.. has to go..

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    personally, i think it looks a little bloated. i would like to see a few more lines in the front bumper. will be interested to see how those fog lights perform, however.
    97 M3 Boston Green on Modena
    Ground Control Coilovers 375/475 - Ground Control RSM - TMS Aluminum Flywheel - Dinan Exhaust - Momo F1 Steering Wheel - BBS RK 17 x 8 all round - UUC Tranny Enforcer - X-Brace

My Cars
    Ford Exploder
    Well, I don't really like the front shot of the bumper, but the lights aren't that bad. The front does look a little too smooth, if that makes any sense. I really hope they don't change the new M3 to look like this. If they do, I might be stuck buying a 2001 M3 like Kevlar.
    John

No more M3, Had to buy a family hauler to get cash for the new house. A momentary set back, but the M5 is coming soon.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Originally posted by Ryan H
    These changes do not apply to the 2 door CI's or the M3.
    WOO HOO! :

I'm back in the game!

do you have power seats or manual?

do you have power seats or manual? I have a 97 328ia sport and it have black interior and manual seats, M stering and the exterior is identical of yours, I live in São Paulo Brazil.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Thumbs up Re: do you have power seats or manual?

Originally posted by edu328
    do you have power seats or manual? I have a 97 328ia sport and it have black interior and manual seats, M stering and the exterior is identical of yours, I live in São Paulo Brazil.

I have a grey interior with power seats.