Bavarian Soundwerks
Page 69 of 79 FirstFirst ... 19445960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1959

Thread: Feeler: Open Source OBC Firmware

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Can someone explain how to stop multiple check warnings a bit better than this description please....

ObcCheckDisableMask

This sets which check module warnings are ignored. Valid values are shown below. For example, to disable the low beam and washer fluid levels, use a value of "0x0c".

• WasherFluid = 0x02
    • CoolantLevel = 0x04
    • LowBeam = 0x08
    • LicensePlateLight = 0x10
    • TailLight = 0x20
    • BrakeLight1 = 0x40
    • BrakeLight2 = 0x80
    '97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    '0x04' seems to have gotten rid of the intermittant 'coolant low' warning.

In other news, for those using 80 lb injectors with the openOBC and want the fuel consumption and range to read correctly, change the three '0.2449' values found in 'FuelConsum' to '0.5799'. I ran many tanks of gas through the car to come up with that number, it should be pretty accurate.

Sent from my GTX3582R
    '97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    2000 E46 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by chikinhed View Post
    Can someone explain how to stop multiple check warnings a bit better than this description please....

ObcCheckDisableMask

This sets which check module warnings are ignored. Valid values are shown below. For example, to disable the low beam and washer fluid levels, use a value of "0x0c".

• WasherFluid = 0x02
    • CoolantLevel = 0x04
    • LowBeam = 0x08
    • LicensePlateLight = 0x10
    • TailLight = 0x20
    • BrakeLight1 = 0x40
    • BrakeLight2 = 0x80
    Just add them; hexadecimally.

LowBeam (0x08) + TailLight (0x20) = 0x28
    BrakeLight1 + BrakeLight2 = 0xC0
    WasherFluid (0x02) + Coolant (0x04) + TailLight = 0x2C
    All off = 0xFF
    etc.

Windows calculator can help you.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Can we get an update on the openOBC expansion board projects that are going on out there please?

Sent from my GTX3582R

My Cars
    1988 325 Super ETA
    Yes the openOBC will cause an issue using the 20 pin connector. When I want to do a tune revision or datalog I disconnect the openOBC and install a non modified OBC. I don't think you need to have an OBC installed, I just do it to fill the hole.

I am slowly trying to figure out how to wire in a switch that will allow me to isolate the openOBC from the CANBUS so that removal won't be required.

Sent from my GTX3582R
    Any updates on this?

My Cars
    Euro e36 M3 3.2 cabrio
    Can we get an update on the openOBC expansion board projects that are going on out there please?

Sent from my GTX3582R
    The people working on it are a bit busy with other things in life atm. Will continue.

My Cars
    e36 m3 coupe
    so... any developments here?
    Last edited by stefanom3; 05-07-2016 at 04:06 PM.
    '97 M3

My Cars
    '97 M3
    I have finally installed the flex fuel sensor in my car. I've run the wires up to the console but don't have the time to do the connections to the openOBC just yet.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Bump for the openOBC crew. Whazzap!?!

Sent from my GTX3582R

My Cars
    1995 M3 GT
    Did anyone manage to make the clock show the dots or even make the openOBC display the extended lcd symbols?
    If yes I would really appreciate any help offered because the clock without the dots is driving me nuts...

My Cars
    1988 325 Super ETA
    Quote Originally Posted by glaserstift View Post
    Did anyone manage to make the clock show the dots or even make the openOBC display the extended lcd symbols?
    If yes I would really appreciate any help offered because the clock without the dots is driving me nuts...
    There must be a way we can get an update on the roll, do we have to crowd source it?

My Cars
    '97 M3
    You get use to the dots not being there. It bothered me for a while.

My Cars
    1995 M3 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by dwonda View Post
    There must be a way we can get an update on the roll, do we have to crowd source it?
    That would be an option. Seems like all the guys with programming skills lost the interest in this project or achieved their goal. It's a shame because this unit is capable of so much an only a fraction of it is used at the moment.
    You get use to the dots not being there. It bothered me for a while.
    I don't think I will ever get used to this. And not being able to use the stalk button with the openOBC is another thing that sucks...
    Last edited by glaserstift; 08-23-2016 at 12:26 PM.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Vert, 1992 318i
    I really should get around to upgrading mine and see what I can do for this, if anything.
    Caprica Junkie

My Cars
    95 M3 coupe, 01 M5
    I'm ready to dive in but there's no water in the pool. According to the Idiot's Manual I buy the board at http://openlabs.co/store/assembled-openOBC-board? Says they are out of stock. Anybody know when they will be back in stock or who to contact? I dont see any contact info at the website.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Schachmatt View Post
    I'm ready to dive in but there's no water in the pool. According to the Idiot's Manual I buy the board at http://openlabs.co/store/assembled-openOBC-board? Says they are out of stock. Anybody know when they will be back in stock or who to contact? I dont see any contact info at the website.
    It still lets you buy it. I'd still hit the buy now if I was you.

Sent from my GTX3582R

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Someone I know whas close to sniff out all DME signals but U9 keeps frying. He's busy with other things right now. But it's not dead yet.
    Wondering why no more developers/programmers have picked up on this.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    This winter I hope to get the OpenOBC to read ethanol content.

My Cars
    1995 M3

Firmware hacking

I just built up an OpenOBC about a week ago and have been hacking away at the firmware.

Here is AEM Flex Fuel sensor driver I am just finishing up now.
    I don't actually have a sensor so I am just simulating one with an arduino. But you can see the waveform on the scope.
    I had to highjack the "Analog OUT" pin for the sensor input because it has pin change interrupt capability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSDouX8EWYY

This is the datasheet for the sensor:
    http://aemelectronics.com/files/inst...nsor%20Kit.pdf

I also wrote a CAN Bus driver a couple nights ago. I am testing it with just a 1k resistor between TD1 and RD1 using the "Self Test Mode" and "Self Reception" features of the CAN controller. The scope waveform shows a 250kpbs 29bit identifier packet being looped back. I have some 3.3v transceivers on order and will probably layout a small PCB that will plug into the 6 pin header soon.

Hmm, I guess I can't post pics yet, but hopefully the youtube video works.

Merry Christmas!

My Cars
    Euro e36 M3 3.2 cabrio
    Quote Originally Posted by xobloof View Post
    I just built up an OpenOBC about a week ago and have been hacking away at the firmware.

Here is AEM Flex Fuel sensor driver I am just finishing up now.
    I don't actually have a sensor so I am just simulating one with an arduino. But you can see the waveform on the scope.
    I had to highjack the "Analog OUT" pin for the sensor input because it has pin change interrupt capability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSDouX8EWYY

This is the datasheet for the sensor:
    http://aemelectronics.com/files/inst...nsor%20Kit.pdf

I also wrote a CAN Bus driver a couple nights ago. I am testing it with just a 1k resistor between TD1 and RD1 using the "Self Test Mode" and "Self Reception" features of the CAN controller. The scope waveform shows a 250kpbs 29bit identifier packet being looped back. I have some 3.3v transceivers on order and will probably layout a small PCB that will plug into the 6 pin header soon.

Hmm, I guess I can't post pics yet, but hopefully the youtube video works.

Merry Christmas!
    Great work!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by daandaman View Post
    Great work!

Thanks!

Here is a link to what I have so far.
    I should really learn how github works but for now here it is on dropbox
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jklleysksm..._BETA.zip?dl=0

I haven't had a chance to install the OpenOBC yet. I am still waiting on the MC33660 chips. They are getting hard to find apparently.
    So some of these features are not tested yet.
    The FlexFuel input and CAN bus drivers require hardware mods to work.
    FlexFuel requires a voltage divider to get the 12v PWM signal down to around 3v.
    The CAN driver needs a transceiver installed before you can connect it to an actual CAN bus.
    I am working on a small transceiver board.

New features include:
    1) AEM FlexFuel Input Driver (overrides "ANALOG OUTPUT" pin)
    2) CAN bus driver (experimental)
    3) While on the "CHECK" screen pressing "1000" will disable comms. This should allow scan tools to function. The "memo" icon indicates comms enabled.
    4) The "CHECK" screen should timeout after 10 seconds, similar to the stock OBC.
    5) The stalk switch should toggle between the current and previous screens.
    6) While displaying accelerometer data press "SET/RES" to zero values. (TODO store settings to SD card, currently you must re-zero every power cycle)
    7) The 0-100kph timer has been changed to 0-60mph. If you don't want it just copy the original ObcTimer.cpp ObcTimer.h files and recompile.

There is a new ObcMessage class that will temporarily display a message then timeout. It works but doesn't do anything useful yet.
    There are also a bunch of testing serial commands in the uartHandler that can be used for debugging.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by xobloof; 12-23-2016 at 02:50 PM. Reason: added note about "ANALOG OUTPUT" pin

My Cars
    Euro e36 M3 3.2 cabrio
    It's nice to see somebody making developments or progress every now and then. My own project is let's say in hibernation but in half a year to a year I will be full on back on my build. This will probably also speed up the development by a bunch as there are some close friends that also have an openobc in rather special cars. I'd like to ask everybody with an openobc to subscribe to this thread so we can become a community and not miss the slow steps of development when they happen. Over the coming time it would be nice to keep the owners of an openobc connected at least!

My Cars
    1988 325 Super ETA
    Quote Originally Posted by xobloof View Post
    Thanks!

Here is a link to what I have so far.
    I should really learn how github works but for now here it is on dropbox
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jklleysksm..._BETA.zip?dl=0

I haven't had a chance to install the OpenOBC yet. I am still waiting on the MC33660 chips. They are getting hard to find apparently.
    So some of these features are not tested yet.
    The FlexFuel input and CAN bus drivers require hardware mods to work.
    FlexFuel requires a voltage divider to get the 12v PWM signal down to around 3v.
    The CAN driver needs a transceiver installed before you can connect it to an actual CAN bus.
    I am working on a small transceiver board.

New features include:
    1) AEM FlexFuel Input Driver (overrides "ANALOG OUTPUT" pin)
    2) CAN bus driver (experimental)
    3) While on the "CHECK" screen pressing "1000" will disable comms. This should allow scan tools to function. The "memo" icon indicates comms enabled.
    4) The "CHECK" screen should timeout after 10 seconds, similar to the stock OBC.
    5) The stalk switch should toggle between the current and previous screens.
    6) While displaying accelerometer data press "SET/RES" to zero values. (TODO store settings to SD card, currently you must re-zero every power cycle)
    7) The 0-100kph timer has been changed to 0-60mph. If you don't want it just copy the original ObcTimer.cpp ObcTimer.h files and recompile.

There is a new ObcMessage class that will temporarily display a message then timeout. It works but doesn't do anything useful yet.
    There are also a bunch of testing serial commands in the uartHandler that can be used for debugging.

Enjoy!
    This is fantastic! Thank you so much for the developments. I'm not interested in flex fuel, but I am in some of these other things. Can I selectively update my openOBC with some of these changes?

3) What scan tools are you referring to? And what are comms used for?
    4) YES!!! So the lights will turn off???
    5) HOLY @#$(*@#$(*@^# MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
    6) Yes store to the SD card, that would be great, but good start!!!
    7) I never looked into that, I always assumed that changing the units would change this but I guess I never tried

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by dwonda View Post
    This is fantastic! Thank you so much for the developments. I'm not interested in flex fuel, but I am in some of these other things. Can I selectively update my openOBC with some of these changes?

3) What scan tools are you referring to? And what are comms used for?
    4) YES!!! So the lights will turn off???
    5) HOLY @#$(*@#$(*@^# MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
    6) Yes store to the SD card, that would be great, but good start!!!
    7) I never looked into that, I always assumed that changing the units would change this but I guess I never tried

If you don't mind recompiling the flexfuel can be turned off easily. Come to think of it I hi-jacked one of the "consum" screens so i should probably put that back in and create a fifth screen for the flexfuel. This could also be a setting on the SDCard.

CAN bus support isn't doing anything at the moment so there is no need to disable it yet. I just wrote a driver and did some loopback testing.

I think the only comms that I saw was the OpenOBC asking the instrument cluster for engine coolant temperature. Some users had said that this was interfering with scantools because you can only have one master on the bus at a time. This will just make it so you don't have to unplug the OBC to use a scan tool. Really it is a feature that was there at some point but got disabled accidentally when the UI got a rework.

Yes, the main lcd lights will go off. This is also based on the DEV branch of the firmware so I think it runs the backlights at 50% duty cycle too.

The stalk feature should work (it did when testing with a serial command) but I haven't installed the OpenOBC in my car yet, so I haven't tested to with the actual stalk switch.

I just placed an order for some prototype CAN transceiver daughter boards and some voltage divider / terminal block daughter boards for the flex fuel. Once I test them I will share the design on OSHPark. I kept the boards as small as I could because you pay by the square inch.

My Cars
    1995 M3 GT
    Good work xobloof! And many thanks for sharing your work and findings with the community.
    Is there a chance that you have a look at the clock and make it somehow dispaly the dots? You seem to be very knowledgeable and maybe it's an easy task for you. I've tried several things but always failed...

Page 69 of 79 FirstFirst ... 19445960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast