Bavarian Soundwerks
Page 64 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1439545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1959

Thread: Feeler: Open Source OBC Firmware

My Cars
    98 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by dwonda View Post
    Sorry what does that mean?
    if you wanted you could get a 36hour clock on oobc. Its open source.
    1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold
    1998 M3 Turbo Arctic/black - current
    2004 Built motor TiAg/Black - Sold
    2008 E61 19T Turbo-Wagon - current
    2011 E82 135i - S85 Swap - current
    1998 M3 Cosmos S54 swapped Sedan - current

1998 Turbo: PTE6870 | 1.15 ar | Hp Cover, Custom Divided T4 bottom-mount, 3.5" SS exhaust, Dual Turbosmart Compgates, Turbosmart Raceport BOV, 3.5" Treadstone Intercooler, 3.5" Vibrant resonator and muffler, Arp 2k Headstuds | Arp 2k Main studs | 87mm Je pistons | Eagle rods | 9.2:1 static compression, Ces 87mm cutring, Custom solid rear subframe bushings, Akg 85d diff bushings, 4 clutch 3.15 diff, , Poly engine mounts, UUC trans mounts W/ enforcers, 22RPD OBD2 Stock ECU id1700 E85 tune, 22RPD Big power Transmission swap w/ GS6-53

My Cars
    1988 325 Super ETA
    Ok thank you very much! To make it easier I will simply post a link, which actually would have been just as easy for you to do.

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/at...7&d=1417642078

My Cars
    E36,E38, and E46
    thank you daan. it was a great write up. good to see you back. how is all that shiny titanium?

My Cars
    95 m3
    That manual is very helpful. Someone should copy the file to wiki.openlabs.co
    1995 OBD I Cosmos Black M3 - RIP: gone but not forgotten

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by daandaman View Post
    This posst
    Oh nice! Is there also a "bar" option?
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    Euro e36 M3 3.2 cabrio

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by daandaman View Post
    Bar?
    Bar, pressure in bars, not PSI.

and oil temp in C, not F.

IG:

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dricebrug View Post
    Ohh okay, all makes sense now

If you have/can find/ figure out the pulses per KM... that'd be perfect.

I have an 16x2 LCD where the MPG gauge used to be. I was gunna just swap the euro oil temp in there, but figured that was the easy way out. Plus, I wanted some additional functionality.

Got it color matched pretty well and the screen size is *almost* perfect. Should turn out well
    Old post, but can you tell me where to buy the same 16x2 lcd?
    S54 swap DME flashing - $100
    S54 swap CAN interface board (for proper A/C & check engine light) - $275
    e36 SAP sim/secondary air pump simulator:
    $75 - standard or $170 - plug & play
    e36 post-cat O2 sims: $115 shipped, plug & play

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Quote Originally Posted by gpeterson View Post
    Try www.mouser.com

My Cars
    1998 M3 Vert, 1992 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by gpeterson View Post

Use one of these, then it's easy to color match whatever you want. Great seller too

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...420761&alt=web
    Caprica Junkie

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by boarder2k7 View Post
    Use one of these, then it's easy to color match whatever you want. Great seller too

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...420761&alt=web
    Thanks, exactly what I need!
    S54 swap DME flashing - $100
    S54 swap CAN interface board (for proper A/C & check engine light) - $275
    e36 SAP sim/secondary air pump simulator:
    $75 - standard or $170 - plug & play
    e36 post-cat O2 sims: $115 shipped, plug & play

My Cars
    2000 E46 328i
    Hey all,

Got my openOBC in the mail last week and love it! I have set up a development environment on Windows and snuck a few new features in;

- Datalogging over Bluetooth
    - Notification system over Bluetooth

Still working on:
    - Lock/unlock the car and operate the convertible top by remote
    - Pushing text message notifications and Google Maps instructions from my phone to the OBC through BT
    - Adding GPS data to the datalogs and writing a viewer to visualize it all

There's some things I am wondering which I hope someone here can answer;
    - My car is a 4-cylinder (M43B18) and the fuel consumption is WAY off (OBC is thinking the car uses more than twice the fuel). How do I tune the calculation in ObcConsum properly? What is it based on?
    - Is there any other interesting info in the packet returned from the "kombi" besides coolant temp.? Any other interesting info to be obtained from the DS2-bus?
    - It would be brilliant to stream MP3s to my CD43 through the changer interface from the OBC without having to buy an expensive Dension Gateway, but I can find little info on the interface. Does anyone have any info on how to talk to the CD43 or at least how to enable the changer input?

Thanks

My Cars
    E36,E38, and E46
    Quote Originally Posted by Raddee View Post
    Hey all, Got my openOBC in the mail last week and love it! I have set up a development environment on Windows and snuck a few new features in; - Datalogging over Bluetooth - Notification system over Bluetooth Still working on: - Lock/unlock the car and operate the convertible top by remote - Pushing text message notifications and Google Maps instructions from my phone to the OBC through BT - Adding GPS data to the datalogs and writing a viewer to visualize it all There's some things I am wondering which I hope someone here can answer; - My car is a 4-cylinder (M43B18) and the fuel consumption is WAY off (OBC is thinking the car uses more than twice the fuel). How do I tune the calculation in ObcConsum properly? What is it based on? - Is there any other interesting info in the packet returned from the "kombi" besides coolant temp.? Any other interesting info to be obtained from the DS2-bus? - It would be brilliant to stream MP3s to my CD43 through the changer interface from the OBC without having to buy an expensive Dension Gateway, but I can find little info on the interface. Does anyone have any info on how to talk to the CD43 or at least how to enable the changer input? Thanks
    wow, logging over bluetooth? so a datastream of existing sensors to a bluetooth device or bluetooth sensors all reporting back to the obc via bluetooth? it would be so bad ass to add a bluetooth chip to an aftermarket sensor and have it report back.

My Cars
    2000 E46 328i
    The first. My OBC is a BT device and pairs with my phone or tablet, in my current setup the OBC cannot pair with other devices by itself. Thought of it but couldn't think of anything I'd want to connect to, so I kept it simple

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    fuel consumption is something i want to fix on mine also, been forgetting about it.

also, anyone elses clock run slow? mine loses about 15 minutes over the course of a week

My Cars
    Euro e36 M3 3.2 cabrio
    Quote Originally Posted by Raddee View Post
    Hey all,

Got my openOBC in the mail last week and love it! I have set up a development environment on Windows and snuck a few new features in;

- Datalogging over Bluetooth
    - Notification system over Bluetooth

Still working on:
    - Lock/unlock the car and operate the convertible top by remote
    - Pushing text message notifications and Google Maps instructions from my phone to the OBC through BT
    - Adding GPS data to the datalogs and writing a viewer to visualize it all

There's some things I am wondering which I hope someone here can answer;
    - My car is a 4-cylinder (M43B18) and the fuel consumption is WAY off (OBC is thinking the car uses more than twice the fuel). How do I tune the calculation in ObcConsum properly? What is it based on?
    - Is there any other interesting info in the packet returned from the "kombi" besides coolant temp.? Any other interesting info to be obtained from the DS2-bus?
    - It would be brilliant to stream MP3s to my CD43 through the changer interface from the OBC without having to buy an expensive Dension Gateway, but I can find little info on the interface. Does anyone have any info on how to talk to the CD43 or at least how to enable the changer input?

Thanks
    Holy s..... are you trolling?

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Definitely interesting 1st post...

IG:

My Cars
    98 328i, 79 911SC
    64 pages is a lot.
    i've skimmed a bunch, but i just found this about an hour ago.
    i read the wiki pages.

what i don't see a difinitive answer to is whether this can display/monitor multiple values simultaneously. (i.e. oil press/temp)

as it's open source, i'm guessing it can be programmed to do just about anything....but i'm more spanners than keyboards.

also, is there a way to purchase an OpenOBC already fully functional? or am i going to have to load firmware, and set this up, etc, etc? (again, computers are not a strength of mine)

fantastic product and development.
    tremendous dedication to make this work.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    It works out of the box. If you want more features then you will have to copy someones code or write it yourself.

Sent from my GTX3582R
    '97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    98 328i, 79 911SC
    Quote Originally Posted by chikinhed View Post
    It works out of the box. If you want more features then you will have to copy someones code or write it yourself.

Sent from my GTX3582R
    awesome.

my primary use would be to add real-time instrumentation.
    will it display multiple readings simultaneously?

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by doktor b View Post

awesome.

my primary use would be to add real-time instrumentation.
    will it display multiple readings simultaneously?
    There is a screen that displays 3 or 4 voltages. The first voltage is the bus voltage. The second and third are the voltages of user input voltages from sensors of your choice. The code can be adjusted to read units instead of the raw voltage reading. So yes, you could have a couple of 'gauges' on one screen if there is enough digits available. Code could be written for a specific screen but the one I mentioned would probably be the easiest as it already exists.

Sent from my GTX3582R
    '97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    98 m3
    Yeah you could just loop and update each per cycle.
    1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold
    1998 M3 Turbo Arctic/black - current
    2004 Built motor TiAg/Black - Sold
    2008 E61 19T Turbo-Wagon - current
    2011 E82 135i - S85 Swap - current
    1998 M3 Cosmos S54 swapped Sedan - current

1998 Turbo: PTE6870 | 1.15 ar | Hp Cover, Custom Divided T4 bottom-mount, 3.5" SS exhaust, Dual Turbosmart Compgates, Turbosmart Raceport BOV, 3.5" Treadstone Intercooler, 3.5" Vibrant resonator and muffler, Arp 2k Headstuds | Arp 2k Main studs | 87mm Je pistons | Eagle rods | 9.2:1 static compression, Ces 87mm cutring, Custom solid rear subframe bushings, Akg 85d diff bushings, 4 clutch 3.15 diff, , Poly engine mounts, UUC trans mounts W/ enforcers, 22RPD OBD2 Stock ECU id1700 E85 tune, 22RPD Big power Transmission swap w/ GS6-53

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    what i don't see a difinitive answer to is whether this can display/monitor multiple values simultaneously. (i.e. oil press/temp)...
    That's all I want from it, everything else is a bonus. Nice bonus would be ibus messages display.

A guy made the oil temp/pressure in an E31 OBC years ago and I believe was the inspiration for the OpenOBC/

IG:

My Cars
    2000 E46 328i
    64 pages is a lot.
    i've skimmed a bunch, but i just found this about an hour ago.
    i read the wiki pages.

what i don't see a difinitive answer to is whether this can display/monitor multiple values simultaneously. (i.e. oil press/temp)

as it's open source, i'm guessing it can be programmed to do just about anything....but i'm more spanners than keyboards.

also, is there a way to purchase an OpenOBC already fully functional? or am i going to have to load firmware, and set this up, etc, etc? (again, computers are not a strength of mine)

fantastic product and development.
    tremendous dedication to make this work.
    Please note that it only works, of course, if you add the sensors to your car. I don't know of any E36s that have oil temp/pressure sensors stock (except maybe the M3?). The screens aren't really configurable so if you want to convert the inputs to actual readable values or show them in the order you'd like you'll need to modify the source code (i.e. I wanted to have my coolant and external temperatures on 1 screen, so I added a screen for that). My OpenOBC came with firmware preinstalled, but flashing firmware isn't really rocket science, just install a little program and hook it up through USB (editting source code and setting up the stuff to compile that is more complex).

@chikinhed: Wow, awesome mods on your car

@daandaman: Nah, not really. I'll post some pictures when bimmerforums starts letting my posts through, right now they're not really appearing due to being "moderated"
    Last edited by Raddee; 04-07-2015 at 07:34 AM.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    ^^
    Every car has an oil pressure sensor. And the idiot light that goes with it.

IG:

Page 64 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1439545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast