Bavarian Soundwerks
Page 57 of 79 FirstFirst ... 732474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1959

Thread: Feeler: Open Source OBC Firmware

My Cars
    '94 325i / s13
    Quote Originally Posted by clabs View Post
    The temp display is stuck on this and never changes, regardless of coolant temp
    Ok, that looks about right then. That's what it does when it can't get anything from the instrument cluster at all. Just about anything could cause this, and rather than guess randomly, I'll use it as an excuse to go ahead and add better error handling to the firmware so it can tell us what's wrong.

I only get the 0-100 KMPH display - not 0-60MPH. Changing from metric to imperial makes no difference.
    Oops. That was just an oversight. There is indeed no imperial setting and therefore 0-60 timer yet. It's a quick fix.

Here is what the Range displays before you move off. This only happens when you turn the car on and sorts itself out once moving. The average speed via the Speed button is 0MPH whilst the random numbers are displayed:
    That's pretty interesting. Are you running with an SD card or without? It's possible that this will be resolved if you upgrade to the latest firmware, although even with the same firmware as you, I can't get mine to behave like this.

Edit - The clock looks kind of naked without the colon
    Yes, I quite agree. I'm looking forward to enabling the colon and the rest of the LCD indicators, but so far it has seemed less important than other things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post
    Does the display allow for displaying different inputs at once? The main one would be showing both oil temp and pressure at once.

There's still that old vid of some guys 8-series OBC showing exactly that.
    Yes, you'll be able to specify your own custom display configurations in the configuration file on the SD card, and hopefully right from the OBC itself if anyone can find an intuitive way to do the user interface. Until such configurability is implemented though, the displays are all hard-coded in the firmware so you have to change the source code in order to get a custom display with your own assortment of readouts on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet21 View Post
    Just wondering, has the factory ignition security code feature where you have to enter a code before you can start the car, been programmed into the openobc?
    Yes and it seems to work quite well. By default, it remembers the code across ignition cycles so it isn't necessary to set the code every time you leave the car.

- - - Updated - - -

I have just thought of something else I would like implemented at some point. I would like the set cruise control speed to be displayed for a few seconds when it is adjusted. Not sure if that is possible because my CC module is from an E46 (so it works with steering wheel buttons). BUT, that is way down on the list and I wouldn't want to hold up more important stuff.
    I'm not familiar with that setup, but I don't suppose we'll be lucky enough that the steering wheel buttons are talking to the cruise control module over the K/L bus that we're already hooked in to. According to this document, the signaling occurs on dedicated wiring to the cruise control module. Unfortunate, but not surprising.

It also says however that there is a steering wheel control module which is tasked with processing the button inputs and sending the necessary signals to the cruise control and other modules. Ideally it should be this module that is made to generate and send display text to the OBC.

It should be pretty trivial to design a replacement steering wheel control module which would handle all the functions of the factory module and additionally send display text to the openOBC with an added Ibus interface.

How much did it cost to get the multifunction steering wheel installed and operational? It would be ideal if I could get this on my own e36 in order to reverse engineer the steering wheel module and its communication.

What is higher on my list is to have the stalk button working to scroll through stuff.
    This is high on my list as well. The holdup is that I had wanted to improve upon the way the factory OBC uses the button and I haven't yet figured out how it should work.

I think the biggest hold up is going to be coding this new stuff because at present, we are pretty much dependent on Benemorius for any changes.

Talking of which, Benemorius - am I right in thinking that the firmware version we are on is sperate to the settings files?
    I'm hopeful that there will be others who can make significant code contributions once it becomes trivial to get a development environment set up. The setup guides still aren't finished. I really need to just set aside a day to sit down with a windows machine and work out the easiest way to get up and running with the fewest number of steps and the least amount of things that can go wrong. It will probably end up being a much smaller ordeal than I expect.

I'm not completely sure what you mean about the settings files. If you're asking whether it is forbidden to use a configuration file from one firmware version with a different firmware version, it is in fact permitted. Perhaps there will come a time when we have to break compatibility, but for now it isn't a problem.

My Cars
    M3 Evo Vert
    Quote Originally Posted by benemorius View Post
    Ok, that looks about right then. That's what it does when it can't get anything from the instrument cluster at all. Just about anything could cause this, and rather than guess randomly, I'll use it as an excuse to go ahead and add better error handling to the firmware so it can tell us what's wrong.
    I thought as much - I think my display was the same as one of your ealier pics where you just had it powered up on your bench.

Oops. That was just an oversight. There is indeed no imperial setting and therefore 0-60 timer yet. It's a quick fix.
    Brilliant - glad it will be a simple fix

That's pretty interesting. Are you running with an SD card or without? It's possible that this will be resolved if you upgrade to the latest firmware, although even with the same firmware as you, I can't get mine to behave like this.
    I am not running with an SD card but I do have one I can pop in there. Does it make a difference if I run an SD card or not? The firmware I am running is the same one that it was shipped with. Is there a repository with later builds? I would be happy to reflash if required.

Yes, I quite agree. I'm looking forward to enabling the colon and the rest of the LCD indicators, but so far it has seemed less important than other things.
    Don't worry - I know you said you hadn't figured out all the symbols that are avaialble on the display just yet and yes - it is not high on the priority list.

Yes, you'll be able to specify your own custom display configurations in the configuration file on the SD card, and hopefully right from the OBC itself if anyone can find an intuitive way to do the user interface. Until such configurability is implemented though, the displays are all hard-coded in the firmware so you have to change the source code in order to get a custom display with your own assortment of readouts on it.
    Any pointers to do this would be great

I'm not familiar with that setup, but I don't suppose we'll be lucky enough that the steering wheel buttons are talking to the cruise control module over the K/L bus that we're already hooked in to. According to this document, the signaling occurs on dedicated wiring to the cruise control module. Unfortunate, but not surprising.

It also says however that there is a steering wheel control module which is tasked with processing the button inputs and sending the necessary signals to the cruise control and other modules. Ideally it should be this module that is made to generate and send display text to the OBC.

It should be pretty trivial to design a replacement steering wheel control module which would handle all the functions of the factory module and additionally send display text to the openOBC with an added Ibus interface.

How much did it cost to get the multifunction steering wheel installed and operational? It would be ideal if I could get this on my own e36 in order to reverse engineer the steering wheel module and its communication.
    You are right that the output for the steering wheel cruise buttons feed directly to the cruise module. I don't know if that info is available on other lines. The talk of a seperate steering wheel module was for earlier cars - later models had all the capabilities of that module built into the right hand steering wheel button pod.

The cost of getting all the bits together for the wheel buttons depends on how patient you are - bits and pieces come up all the time and some can be had for reasonable money. Anyway - I have a spare set of buttons, probably a 7 wire slip ring and also a cruise module kicking about. PM me your address and I will drop em in the post. It is the least I can do for all the midnight oil I know you burned on this project. Even if we don't gain any more functionaliy, you wiil find that it is one of the most useful mods you can do to your car.

This is high on my list as well. The holdup is that I had wanted to improve upon the way the factory OBC uses the button and I haven't yet figured out how it should work.
    I know - sounds simple but so many different ways to implement this - I do miss it tho!

I'm hopeful that there will be others who can make significant code contributions once it becomes trivial to get a development environment set up. The setup guides still aren't finished. I really need to just set aside a day to sit down with a windows machine and work out the easiest way to get up and running with the fewest number of steps and the least amount of things that can go wrong. It will probably end up being a much smaller ordeal than I expect.

I'm not completely sure what you mean about the settings files. If you're asking whether it is forbidden to use a configuration file from one firmware version with a different firmware version, it is in fact permitted. Perhaps there will come a time when we have to break compatibility, but for now it isn't a problem.
    I too hope that other brains more in tune than mine will contribute to the coding. I had a look at Java with Netbeans which seems to be able to go the job, but I am still out of my depth - sorry to say.
    Thanks again though mate for a brilliant bit of of kit
    Last edited by clabs; 11-09-2013 at 05:11 PM.

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    I thought as much - I think my display was the same as one of your ealier pics where you just had it powered up on your bench. Brilliant - glad it will be a simple fix I am not running with an SD card but I do have one I can pop in there. Does it make a difference if I run an SD card or not? The firmware I am running is the same one that it was shipped with. Is there a repository with later builds? I would be happy to reflash if required. Don't worry - I know you said you hadn't figured out all the symbols that are avaialble on the display just yet and yes - it is not high on the priority list. Any pointers to do this would be great You are right that the output for the steering wheel cruise buttons feed directly to the cruise module. I don't know if that info is available on other lines. The talk of a seperate steering wheel module was for earlier cars - later models had all the capabilities of that module built into the right hand steering wheel button pod. The cost of getting all the bits together for the wheel buttons depends on how patient you are - bits and pieces come up all the time and some can be had for reasonable money. Anyway - I have a spare set of buttons, probably a 7 wire slip ring and also a cruise module kicking about. PM me your address and I will drop em in the post. It is the least I can do for all the midnight oil I know you burned on this project. Even if we don't gain any more functionaliy, you wiil find that it is one of the most useful mods you can do to your car. I know - sounds simple but so many different ways to implement this - I do miss it tho! I too hope that other brains more in tune than mine will contribute to the coding. I had a look at Java with Netbeans which seems to be able to go the job, but I am still out of my depth - sorry to say. Thanks again though mate for a brilliant bit of of kit
    benemorius how much of your work is applicable to the E46? Just asking!

My Cars
    TT02 330i, 97 ICSTurboM3
    Ok how do I get my hands on one if these boards??
    (A WORD FROM THE MESSIAH)) THEY OBSERVE YOU, CRITICIZE YOU, ENVY YOU, AND AT THE END THEY IMITATE YOU.

My Cars
    '94 325i / s13
    I am not running with an SD card but I do have one I can pop in there. Does it make a difference if I run an SD card or not? The firmware I am running is the same one that it was shipped with. Is there a repository with later builds? I would be happy to reflash if required.
    It shouldn't make any difference to this problem as far as I know, but if it proved to make a difference for you then that would be an interesting lead. A whole bunch of saved variables are read from the SD card during bootup and since I spend a lot more time testing with an SD card than without one, it doesn't seem like an unreasonable place to find trouble.

As for a repository, it occurred to me just recently that nothing like that exists yet. I can hardly expect people to be running the latest firmware all the time when it isn't readily available, so I intend to remedy this shortly. I'm half done writing a script to build the firmware and make each revision available for download on demand.

Any pointers to do this would be great
    For instance, on line 53 of ObcRange.cpp, adding instantaneous speed to the Range display could be done like so:
    Code:
    -- setDisplay("%.0f km  %.1f L", rangeKm, fuelLevelLitres);
    ++ setDisplay("%.0f km  %.1f L %.0fkmh", rangeKm, fuelLevelLitres, obc.speed->getKmh());

You are right that the output for the steering wheel cruise buttons feed directly to the cruise module. I don't know if that info is available on other lines. The talk of a seperate steering wheel module was for earlier cars - later models had all the capabilities of that module built into the right hand steering wheel button pod.
    Ok, so that's pretty unfortunate. Ideally we wanted to be connected straight to the buttons since that would give us complete knowledge about the realtime status of each button and control over how they function. It's ok having to snoop the traffic going to the cruise control module but we might not get as much information as we'd like, and the opportunity to alter the way the buttons work to use them for new features is lost.

The cost of getting all the bits together for the wheel buttons depends on how patient you are - bits and pieces come up all the time and some can be had for reasonable money. Anyway - I have a spare set of buttons, probably a 7 wire slip ring and also a cruise module kicking about. PM me your address and I will drop em in the post. It is the least I can do for all the midnight oil I know you burned on this project. Even if we don't gain any more functionaliy, you wiil find that it is one of the most useful mods you can do to your car.
    Thanks, I'll have to accept! That might be all I need to reverse engineer the signals.

I know - sounds simple but so many different ways to implement this - I do miss it tho!
    I guess it is pretty important. It might not be prohibitively evil to hack something really ugly in temporarily. I'll just need to take a factory OBC out to my car to rediscover exactly how the stalk button is supposed to work normally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoZandrini View Post
    benemorius how much of your work is applicable to the E46? Just asking!
    I think the original work that applies directly to the E46 is pretty much limited to the diagnostic functions, most of which I haven't written yet. A lot of it applies indirectly though, in the sense that it's easy to imagine a future fork of it that could go in an E46 and take advantage of whatever hackable features exist on that chassis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 2002330i View Post
    Ok how do I get my hands on one if these boards??
    Several ways:

Go here and download the gerber files and the parts list. Send the gerbers to a manufacturer to make the PCB, buy the parts here, then solder the parts onto the PCB with solder paste and a reflow oven.

Go here to buy the PCB, and here to buy the parts, then solder the parts onto the PCB.

Go here to buy the board preassembled.
    Last edited by benemorius; 11-11-2013 at 04:51 AM.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Unless this is not what you mean, but all the stalk does is provide a ground signal to pin #4 of connector X1071.

Each short press goes to the next programmed setting, and a long press (about 4 seconds or so) puts the OBC into program mode.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    '94 325i / s13
    Each short press goes to the next programmed setting, and a long press (about 4 seconds or so) puts the OBC into program mode.
    Yup that's what I mean. Thanks.

My Cars
    95 m3
    Three quick things :

1) Benemorious : it looks like the stock display uses text in CAPS, whereas your display has been shown with lowercase letters. How difficult would it be to change the display functions to be back in CAPS (to look as stock as possible)?

2) Benemorious : you said regarding the stalk integration to control the OBC "This is high on my list as well. The holdup is that I had wanted to improve upon the way the factory OBC uses the button and I haven't yet figured out how it should work." I believe you can program the stock OBC to cycle through the functions in a specific order, and not be stuck with the stock order that it cycles through. [see here] How much better do you want to make it?

3) There was some talk about retrofitting steering wheel buttons a few posts back. Not looking to sidetrack this thread, but what is with the interest in adding a steering wheel button for cruise control? Is the stalk really that much harder to operate?

Thanks for all the great work so far
    1995 OBD I Cosmos Black M3 - RIP: gone but not forgotten

My Cars
    '94 325i / s13
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFreddie View Post

1) Benemorious : it looks like the stock display uses text in CAPS, whereas your display has been shown with lowercase letters. How difficult would it be to change the display functions to be back in CAPS (to look as stock as possible)?
    Not difficult. No doubt I'd have gotten the look a bit closer to stock if I hadn't gone for years without a stock one.

2) Benemorious : you said regarding the stalk integration to control the OBC "This is high on my list as well. The holdup is that I had wanted to improve upon the way the factory OBC uses the button and I haven't yet figured out how it should work." I believe you can program the stock OBC to cycle through the functions in a specific order, and not be stuck with the stock order that it cycles through. [see here] How much better do you want to make it?
    I'm not really sure, which is basically why I haven't done anything yet. But for now I'm going to go ahead and make it factory equivalent because we're just going way too damn long without it. I think the main thing I wanted to work in somehow was a "back" feature, but maybe now I can reserve that function for one of the steering wheel buttons instead.

3) There was some talk about retrofitting steering wheel buttons a few posts back. Not looking to sidetrack this thread, but what is with the interest in adding a steering wheel button for cruise control? Is the stalk really that much harder to operate?
    Probably just the user-friendliness if I had to guess, but I'll let others weight in on that. My only concern with the cruise buttons is to get the OBC to display things when the buttons are used to turn on/off and manipulate the cruise control. To me this seems very fitting on a chassis that doesn't even have a light in the instrument cluster to let you know who has control of the throttle flap right now, even if it doesn't serve quite the same purpose.

Actually I've also become fairly interested in using the remainder of the buttons (the ones that aren't for cruise) with the OBC directly over Ibus. The OBC is short on buttons in general (well, I should rather say that it is short on general purpose buttons) and specifically has no up/down buttons at all, so although I haven't examined how yet, these additional buttons could prove most useful. I'm fairly certain I can get the buttons to play nicely with the OBC and radio/telephone/aircon simultaneously.

My Cars
    BMW M3
    I can tell from my perspective regarding cruise steering wheel buttons. Steering wheel is and looks more original and completed with buttons on both sides, left for radio and right side for cruise. It does not feel good if buttons are there and not functional , therefore this is the reason I made them functional to control the cruise, removing the extra stalk do now there is only one stalk on each side if the steering wheel, also when cruise is activated it is indicated with one if the instrument cluster lights. In short now I would not reverse it back to stalk method.

It would be great if somehow these steering wheel buttons can be used to display various info in OBC screen .
    Last edited by M3C; 11-16-2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: update

My Cars
    M3 Evo Vert
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFreddie View Post

Freddie - controlling Cruise via the wheel buttons is SO much more user friendly than via the stalk. Same applies to the radio buttons. Until you have these in your car you will never realise just how often you use them without even having to think about them. It is easily the most useful and hence used mods that I have ever done to my E36.

So agreed - anything extra we can add via these buttons will be fantastic.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Here's a brainstorm: the radio controls on steering wheel have a left/right button and +/- for volume and next/previous stations.

If like me you also have the phone butons, pressing the R/T switch changes the function. Also a long press on the phone or "sneezing man" button on later models activates voice control on E38/39 models with the SES button.

How cool would it be, if this long press was used to "wake up" the OBC and then have the left/right and/or +/- control the whole OBC menu, step through menus, in/decrease values and such.

FastFreddie: all caps is used for English language, but if like me you have set it to German, smaller caps are also used.

Example:

IG:

My Cars
    M3 Evo Vert
    Here's a brainstorm: the radio controls on steering wheel have a left/right button and +/- for volume and next/previous stations.

If like me you also have the phone butons, pressing the R/T switch changes the function. Also a long press on the phone or "sneezing man" button on later models activates voice control on E38/39 models with the SES button.

How cool would it be, if this long press was used to "wake up" the OBC and then have the left/right and/or +/- control the whole OBC menu, step through menus, in/decrease values and such.

FastFreddie: all caps is used for English language, but if like me you have set it to German, smaller caps are also used.

Example:
    Nice ideas fella. I wonder if the OBC would be able to differentiate between long and short button pushes?

Folkert - are you still able to display the phone book on your head unit? I am sure you were able to before?

So far as Cap vs lower case - I prefer it as is now - all caps is SHOUTING

I guess we will all have so many different ideas of what we all want
    Benemorius - have dug out all your button/cruise stuff - I will give em a quick test tomorrow and then get them packed up and post on Monday.
    Last edited by clabs; 11-17-2013 at 02:57 AM.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Hey Mark, no that is the biggest shame. The Becker made BMW Professional RDS is super nice, but predates the Blaupunkt CD43 that does and also ID3 tags.

That is where this OpenOBC would come in as it has ibus input. Well so does my head unit, so we would need a test if the OBC understands the ibus text signals and can decode ID3tags.

I have the CD43 as well and since I haven't yet put the phone in the M3, I can enjoy the much nicer display of the Professional RDS and its dual tuner.

I now have a complete E38 system with SES, so I should have voice control in the M3 come Spring.

IG:

My Cars
    M3 Evo Vert
    Hey Mark, no that is the biggest shame. The Becker made BMW Professional RDS is super nice, but predates the Blaupunkt CD43 that does and also ID3 tags.

That is where this OpenOBC would come in as it has ibus input. Well so does my head unit, so we would need a test if the OBC understands the ibus text signals and can decode ID3tags.

I have the CD43 as well and since I haven't yet put the phone in the M3, I can enjoy the much nicer display of the Professional RDS and its dual tuner.

I now have a complete E38 system with SES, so I should have voice control in the M3 come Spring.
    Ah - I looked at the lovely Beckers too but as nice as they are, the "icing" was missing for me. I have a non oem head unit that does do all I want but does not recognise any OEM phone stuff so it would be great if the OBC were able to display at least the phone book.

Keep us updated on the voice activated stuff though - sounds really good.
    Last edited by clabs; 11-17-2013 at 03:31 PM.

My Cars
    '94 325i / s13
    The steering wheel button stuff arrived today! Thanks clabs! I got the buttons outputting Ibus easily enough, but the cruise control buttons aren't doing anything yet. I was hoping they would spit stuff out all by themselves like the other buttons do, but I guess I'll have to hook them up to the cruise control module to get them to do anything. I'll just need to find the pinout for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Cruise is not using ibus, I think. But once you wire together with the box perhaps you will discover the details.
    What can be added to show on OBC now that you found out about ibus signals from radio buttons?

My Cars
    '94 325i / s13
    Quote Originally Posted by M3C View Post
    Cruise is not using ibus, I think. But once you wire together with the box perhaps you will discover the details.
    What can be added to show on OBC now that you found out about ibus signals from radio buttons?
    Yeah, there's a separate wire for the cruise buttons. I expected this, but I didn't know whether or not this separate wire would reveal its secrets without being interfaced to the cruise control module. It's ok that it didn't, but since I can't as easily infer the pinout of the 20+ pins of the cruise module, I'll need to reference a wiring diagram in order to hook the buttons up to it. The E39 bentley that I have doesn't have wiring diagrams unfortunately, so I'll have to do some digging.

I don't know what we'll end up doing with the rest of the buttons. Discussion is clearly warranted.

My Cars
    M3 Evo Vert
    Benemorius - you are welcome mate and glad that they eventually arrived....talk about slow delivery!

I am not sure what sort of signal the cruise buttons send to the module, but they don't do anything until the cruise is switched on by pressing the I/O button first which switches cruise on and off. I don't know if you already tried that. I would have thought they must output something even when not lashed up to the cruise module but it shouldn't be too hard to lash the module and buttons up on your bench. I am sure I mentioned that I know the buttons I sent you work fine because I swapped mine out trying to resolve a problem I had with cruise intermitantly not latching which turned out to be a dirty actuator.

I probably have the wiring diagrams that I can post up if you like - think most of what I have came from either this thread:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...t-pictoral-DIY

Or this one:

http://www.bmwowner.com/forum/viewto...hilit=steering

Don't mean to give you even more work so if you do want me to dig out diagrams and post them here then just shout.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Here's the pinout from that topic

A8 CC module
    1 A Actuator motor Speed control actuator motor
    1 GE/VI Motor Actuator X70.1
    2 E Without AGS Clutch signal Clutch switch
    2 BL/BR GND/Clutch switch X121.2 clutch switch
    3 E Potentiometer test value Speed control actuator motor
    3 SW/GN Feedback Actuator X70.6
    4 Not used

5 E Selector lever signal L2 Electronic immobilizer control unit (EWS)
    5 BR/SW Automatic transmission range switch/EGS 2460.2, 2460.4 EGS Can be open
    6 Not used

7 E Transmission signal AGS transmission control unit
    7 GE/BR EGS X69.14, X8500.33
    8 E Engine speed signal DME control unit
    8 SW Instrument cluster RPM signal 6211.0
    9 Not used
    9 BL/GR X72.2 CC switch
    10 E Speedometer (A) output signal Instrument cluster Integrated electronic control unit (IKE)
    10 SW/WS GAL X17.2 Instrument cluster
    11 A Potentiometer activation - Speed control actuator motor
    11 SW/BL Feedback Actuator X70.7
    12 A Potentiometer activation + Speed control actuator motor
    12 SW/BR Feedback Actuator X70.5
    13 M Ground Ground point
    13 GND
    14 A Actuator motor + Speed control actuator motor
    14 GE/WS Motor Actuator X70.4
    15 Not used
    15 BL/BR Brake Light switch X181, X78.2
    16 Not used
    Black/White
    17 E/A Diagnostic link TXD Diagnostic connector
    17 WS/VI Data link 670.5 Brown/Orange
    18 Not used
    18 BL/GN X72.3 CC switch
    19 Not used

20 Not used
    20 BL/SW X72.4 CC switch Blue/White
    21 E Brake signal Brake light switch
    21 GND Blue/Grey
    22 Not used Cruise on switch active low
    Blue/Green
    23 A Actuator clutch Speed control actuator motor
    23 RT/BR Feedback Actuator X70.3
    24 E Actuating signal Multifunction steering wheel control unit
    24 BL/SW X72.5 CC switch Blue/Black

25 A Indicator lamp Instrument cluster Cruise on LED
    Brown/Black
    26 E Voltage supply terminal R Fuse F41
    26 VI/GE IGN X10018.32 X72.1 CC switch Violet/Yelow

IG:

My Cars
    '94 325i / s13
    I probably have the wiring diagrams that I can post up if you like - think most of what I have came from either this thread:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...t-pictoral-DIY
    Here's the pinout from that topic

A8 CC module
    1 A Actuator motor Speed control actuator motor
    1 GE/VI Motor Actuator X70.1
    2 E Without AGS Clutch signal Clutch switch
    2 BL/BR GND/Clutch switch X121.2 clutch switch
    3 E Potentiometer test value Speed control actuator motor
    3 SW/GN Feedback Actuator X70.6
    4 Not used

5 E Selector lever signal L2 Electronic immobilizer control unit (EWS)
    5 BR/SW Automatic transmission range switch/EGS 2460.2, 2460.4 EGS Can be open
    6 Not used

7 E Transmission signal AGS transmission control unit
    7 GE/BR EGS X69.14, X8500.33
    8 E Engine speed signal DME control unit
    8 SW Instrument cluster RPM signal 6211.0
    9 Not used
    9 BL/GR X72.2 CC switch
    10 E Speedometer (A) output signal Instrument cluster Integrated electronic control unit (IKE)
    10 SW/WS GAL X17.2 Instrument cluster
    11 A Potentiometer activation - Speed control actuator motor
    11 SW/BL Feedback Actuator X70.7
    12 A Potentiometer activation + Speed control actuator motor
    12 SW/BR Feedback Actuator X70.5
    13 M Ground Ground point
    13 GND
    14 A Actuator motor + Speed control actuator motor
    14 GE/WS Motor Actuator X70.4
    15 Not used
    15 BL/BR Brake Light switch X181, X78.2
    16 Not used
    Black/White
    17 E/A Diagnostic link TXD Diagnostic connector
    17 WS/VI Data link 670.5 Brown/Orange
    18 Not used
    18 BL/GN X72.3 CC switch
    19 Not used

20 Not used
    20 BL/SW X72.4 CC switch Blue/White
    21 E Brake signal Brake light switch
    21 GND Blue/Grey
    22 Not used Cruise on switch active low
    Blue/Green
    23 A Actuator clutch Speed control actuator motor
    23 RT/BR Feedback Actuator X70.3
    24 E Actuating signal Multifunction steering wheel control unit
    24 BL/SW X72.5 CC switch Blue/Black

25 A Indicator lamp Instrument cluster Cruise on LED
    Brown/Black
    26 E Voltage supply terminal R Fuse F41
    26 VI/GE IGN X10018.32 X72.1 CC switch Violet/Yelow
    Thanks, that should do the trick I think.

My Cars
    e36 328i touring
    Any chance of these getting sent overseas to the UK?

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by bolloksitsmeee View Post
    Any chance of these getting sent overseas to the UK?
    Why not? The member who posted the pics of his install is from the UK as well. And Dutchman Daandaman also has one.

IG:

My Cars
    '97 M3
    So, how difficult will it be for someone with no programming experience to go in and change parameters to make the fuel consumption read right with bigger injectors, change what it says on start up and add a temperature sensor and have it read correctly?

What you have done is amazing but will I be stuck with something I can't do anything with without four years of computer programming under my belt?

Sent from my GTX3582R
    '97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    E92 335i xDrive, E36 M3
    +1

Page 57 of 79 FirstFirst ... 732474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast