Bavarian Soundwerks
Page 72 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2247626364656667686970717273747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 1959

Thread: Feeler: Open Source OBC Firmware

My Cars
    E36,E38, and E46
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hardwood View Post
    Sorry for being slightly off topic, but this seems the best place to get an answer I've been searching for since 2013

What kind of signal is the fuel consumption signal? I need to modify it to show the correct fuel consumption for my car (4cyl engine, 6cyl OBC). I probed it with my crappy scope, and struggled to get it to show much at all.

I've tried to get the OBC "flashed" into being a 4cyl OBC, but since 4cyl OBCs were so damn rare (only know of two, my original, and the one my friend recently acquired... bastard), I haven't been able to find anyone that even knows what I'm talking about. What interface would be used to re-configure it?

P.S. I know about the KVBR, but you can't set it below 750.

Thanks
    There is a conditioner in the gauge cluster. If the car is not moving you get nothing. Once you hit something around 10mph it will take injector duty and rpm and the gauge on the cluster will follow. Its a 12 volt square wave I believe from the DME to the cluster.
    Im going to guess and say that these values are passed to the OBC implicitly (on a regular cycle) and the OBC uses it to trend MPG.

My Cars
    '97 E36 M3 4Dr
    Quote Originally Posted by chikinhed View Post
    Buy an OpenOBC and then you can adjust the constant to give you the correct reading.
    Unfortunately, they're out of stock of pre-built ones, or I would have already . I'm not skilled enough to solder SMD components!

Quote Originally Posted by bry195 View Post
    There is a conditioner in the gauge cluster. If the car is not moving you get nothing. Once you hit something around 10mph it will take injector duty and rpm and the gauge on the cluster will follow. Its a 12 volt square wave I believe from the DME to the cluster.
    Im going to guess and say that these values are passed to the OBC implicitly (on a regular cycle) and the OBC uses it to trend MPG.
    The OBC itself gets a signal from the injectors that tells it how many litres per hour you're using. It then averages that over road speed to give you your MPG. As far as I can tell, the OBC is expecting a 6 Cylinder engine, but will work with a 4, but show the wrong value (9.3L/100km in reality shows as 22.5L/100KM on the OBC).

Here's what my scope showed me
    High Load, full throttle
    Nav8Xwj.png
    Cruising, 50% throttle
    t5wyLOv.png
    Idle, 0% throttle, stand still
    7wJUPNs.png

My Cars
    E36,E38, and E46
    I'll trust that you confirmed the frequency and amplitude makes sense. I intercepted white/black to the cluster and give it 12 volts with varying duties and the MPG works on my obd1 car but I dont have OBC black/white is tach I believe and its distributed to a couple different modules including the OBC I believe. I at least have it on my on board display. I believe tach is at a much lower voltage.
    I know that one of the modules takes the two signals and then dumps the values into "can" in an implicit "cyclic" message on obd2 gauge cluster. I think maybe it was thaniel who was playing with and or describing this years ago. My memory is too foggy so look at thaniels can bus stuff and you will find it buried in there but its really just some clues that might guide you. I think im changing my mind. I think the obc mastered the telegram to the cluster but it could be vice versa.

Sorry its been way too long. What I can tell you is that the white with black from the DME to the cluster will control the needle on an obd1 with a 12 volt signal with a varying duty or frequency but the cluster wont react to anything until the car is moving. Sorry, wish i was more help.

My Cars
    1988 325 Super ETA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hardwood View Post
    Sorry for being slightly off topic, but this seems the best place to get an answer I've been searching for since 2013

What kind of signal is the fuel consumption signal? I need to modify it to show the correct fuel consumption for my car (4cyl engine, 6cyl OBC). I probed it with my crappy scope, and struggled to get it to show much at all.

I've tried to get the OBC "flashed" into being a 4cyl OBC, but since 4cyl OBCs were so damn rare (only know of two, my original, and the one my friend recently acquired... bastard), I haven't been able to find anyone that even knows what I'm talking about. What interface would be used to re-configure it?

P.S. I know about the KVBR, but you can't set it below 750.

Thanks
    Have you never stumbled across that thread that shows you how to adjust some values on your OBC to match what mpg you should be getting?

My Cars
    1988 325 Super ETA
    Got some questions for ya'll, I tried googling this and came up with nothing, but didn't someone once mention getting an openOBC to communicate with a TPMS?

How can one go about correcting the MPG reading on the OpenOBC? Ever since I installed it, I think it has been way too generous with my mpg.

I have installed led lights everywhere on my car except for low/high beams and foglights. Even though I bought these "canbus" compatible bulbs that advertise eliminating the problem of your car thinking a bulb is out that didn't work. The strange thing is that sometimes I get taillight1 and 2 out message, and other times it just says "check..." Anyways I am assuming it is the check control module itself that determines the correct draw for light bulbs and there is no way of changing that (and no I am not going to add inline resistors) so disabling these errors on the OpenOBC should prevent the messages from ever showing as well as the check light in the IC correct?

My Cars
    1988 325 Super ETA
    Can someone explain how to stop multiple check warnings a bit better than this description please....

ObcCheckDisableMask

This sets which check module warnings are ignored. Valid values are shown below. For example, to disable the low beam and washer fluid levels, use a value of "0x0c".

• WasherFluid = 0x02
    • CoolantLevel = 0x04
    • LowBeam = 0x08
    • LicensePlateLight = 0x10
    • TailLight = 0x20
    • BrakeLight1 = 0x40
    • BrakeLight2 = 0x80
    Can you tell me where you saw this info?

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by dwonda View Post
    Can you tell me where you saw this info?
    http://wiki.openlabs.co/wiki/openOBC_configuration
    '97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    1988 325 Super ETA
    Great thank you! I have successfully disabled all of my rear light warnings (due to led's). Next I just want to get rid of the oil pressure option since I don't have anything that can read that. Also I would love to figure out how to make the turn signal stalk function as normal, is there any fundamental thing in the way of that coding wise?

My Cars
    '97 M3
    I think the stalk was figured out in Nov-Dec of last year.
    '97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    1988 325 Super ETA
    I think the stalk was figured out in Nov-Dec of last year.
    Not really, it just switches back and forth between 2 screens, which you have to manually select on the OBC first, so it actually does nothing initially, everytime you start your car.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    I finally got to work on the openOBC and add the expansion board and hook up the flex fuel sensor. I was optimistic for it read the correct values for ethanol content and temperature but no such luck. I had the flex fuel sensor hooked up to an Arduino and it wasn't reading correctly on that so its most likely a faulty sensor. New one is ordered. Here are the pictures from the install. Thanks again to xobloof for making this happen!

Readings on the Arduino.....

Chikinhed, is that WIFI signal above the time or phone signal? Where is the daughter card available (the Arduino)?

My Cars
    '97 M3
    It's not WIFI, it is the alarm or memo on symbol.

The add on board was made by Xobloof. The Arduino set up was put together from info on the SR20 forum and is not needed with the OpenOBC.
    Last edited by chikinhed; 04-19-2017 at 04:57 PM.

My Cars
    e36 328i
    Finally got my PCB and all the parts.
    I find it very hard to put all the parts in the correct place and keep them from moving before tossing them in the oven.
    For example the SD-reader has such small pins, how can I ever position them correctly & making sure my solder paste doesnt short the pads?
    Help would be very nice!

Thanks guys

busterhax is offline Y̝͎̘̍́ͣ̉͑̿̆Ō͎̼̺̬̒ͯ̃̇͗̂ U͈̖
    My Cars
    e36
    Did you guys ever get the ds2 protocol fully implemented? I have a ton of stuff defined for it. Most of it all comes in a single packet too so its very fast. I have the various tx packets, defined rx packets for everything. Voltage, ect, engine speed, load(mg/strk), injector pulsewidth, icv %, ignition angle, iat, STFT, vanos angle, vehicle speed, *ignition angle retard due to knock, etc, etc

Also have defined adaptation reset packets for knock corrections, idle speed correction, lambda, throttle adaptations.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    It would be great if we could have access to the OBD2 data on the OpenOBC, maybe a couple at a time. I'd like knock and ign timing knock retard.

My Cars
    e36
    It would be great if we could have access to the OBD2 data on the OpenOBC, maybe a couple at a time. I'd like knock and ign timing knock retard.
    It's actually DS2 protocol and not obd. It is sent via K line but it's different and BMW specific. I'll look into what it takes to program custom functions and if it seems straight forward enough I'll buy and test. Or chikinhed if you are good with it, I can give you the info and you can test out.

- - - Updated - - -

Sending 12050B03 ( checksum included) should get a 29-byte reply.
    Last edited by busterhax; 06-12-2017 at 11:11 AM.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    I am not a programmer unfortunately. There are others on here that could easily put this together.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by busterhax View Post
    Did you guys ever get the ds2 protocol fully implemented? I have a ton of stuff defined for it. Most of it all comes in a single packet too so its very fast. I have the various tx packets, defined rx packets for everything. Voltage, ect, engine speed, load(mg/strk), injector pulsewidth, icv %, ignition angle, iat, STFT, vanos angle, vehicle speed, *ignition angle retard due to knock, etc, etc

Also have defined adaptation reset packets for knock corrections, idle speed correction, lambda, throttle adaptations.

I think the only DS2 comms that are currently being used are for getting the coolant temperature from the instrument cluster. I have also seen some door lock and unlock functions but I haven't tried them. So DS2 is still very much on the TODO list, especially for engine parameters.

I have been gearing up to take a swing at it. In addition to a working OpenOBC, I also have a tinyADS interface and a laptop but I haven't tried hooking it all up yet.

If you take a look at the OpenOBC code on github, you can see that there are some DS2 templates setup for talking to the different modules. They just don't do anything useful yet (except for the functions noted above).

https://github.com/benemorius/openOBC-devboard
    DS2 files are in "lib/DS2/"
    E36 module files are in "lib/E36Diag"

https://github.com/benemorius/openOB...g/E36Kombi.cpp
    The file "lib/E36Diag/E36Kombi.cpp" shows how to query coolant temp from the instrument cluster.

I would love to see your notes/defines if you don't mind sharing.
    Out of curiosity, what year is your E36? Did you snoop on its DS2 bus to create the files you have?

My Cars
    e36
    Quote Originally Posted by xobloof View Post
    I think the only DS2 comms that are currently being used are for getting the coolant temperature from the instrument cluster. I have also seen some door lock and unlock functions but I haven't tried them. So DS2 is still very much on the TODO list, especially for engine parameters.

I have been gearing up to take a swing at it. In addition to a working OpenOBC, I also have a tinyADS interface and a laptop but I haven't tried hooking it all up yet.

If you take a look at the OpenOBC code on github, you can see that there are some DS2 templates setup for talking to the different modules. They just don't do anything useful yet (except for the functions noted above).

https://github.com/benemorius/openOBC-devboard
    DS2 files are in "lib/DS2/"
    E36 module files are in "lib/E36Diag"

https://github.com/benemorius/openOB...g/E36Kombi.cpp
    The file "lib/E36Diag/E36Kombi.cpp" shows how to query coolant temp from the instrument cluster.

I would love to see your notes/defines if you don't mind sharing.
    Out of curiosity, what year is your E36? Did you snoop on its DS2 bus to create the files you have?
    A developer on RR disassembled the the obd2 ecu and were able to figure out how it works and the ECU related commands. Additionally, they match up to the INPA live data views (and then some).

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by busterhax View Post
    A developer on RR disassembled the the obd2 ecu and were able to figure out how it works and the ECU related commands. Additionally, they match up to the INPA live data views (and then some).
    Sweet!
    I have a '95 but am hoping that the DS2 stuff is similar at least.
    I think the OBDII cars have a slightly simpler k line circuit that use one less line, and not as strict timing requirements.
    Hoping that the messages themselves will cross over somewhat from '95 to '96 and up.
    Crossing fingers, but not holding breath.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    How hard do you think it would be to display serial data from a datalogger (Zeitronix ZT-2) on the openOBC display, Maybe have a separate page displaying two or three different sensor data points?

My Cars
    1995 M3
    How hard do you think it would be to display serial data from a datalogger (Zeitronix ZT-2) on the openOBC display, Maybe have a separate page displaying two or three different sensor data points?
    It doesn't look too bad.
    I think there is an unused UART on pins p0.15 and p0.16 which map out to pins 4 and 5 on the SPI0 header. It would need an RS232 transceiver to interface with the ZR-2.
    The big unknown I guess is the protocol used. But 232 is pretty easy to snoop on and decode.
    Software wise, clone one of the tasks and layout the screens. Then write a UART driver, parser and connect them all.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Bump. Has anyone done anything new with the openOBC?

My Cars
    '97 M3
    The open OBC is such an awesome thing. I wish it wasn’t lost and forgotten about.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    I finally connected a fuel pressure sender up to the openOBC. It works like a charm and is within one psi to my datalogger sensor reading

Page 72 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2247626364656667686970717273747576777879 LastLast