Thread: Bmw 96 328i sport coupe water and heating problem

My Cars
    bmw 328i sport coupe

Bmw 96 328i sport coupe water and heating problem

hi theyre,

I know theyre was a post recent to this one with a 95 328 but i posted on it and got no reply so sorry if you think this is spam.

Someone ran into ma 328i sport coupe and when i fixed it noticed that the radiator had started leaking , so a put rad weld in and the leak stoped but now my heating is just blowin cold air and its overheating, so a bled the water system but it didnt make a diffrence n the car started over heating again .... it gettin water from the radiator to the thermostat but the pipe on the otherside of the thermastat is cold and has no water flowing threw it, am just wonderin wheather it could be the radiator thats gubbed or the thermostat because a dont wanna spend mega bucks fixing it when av just spent money gettin bits to repair it any help would be great thanks.

My Cars
    94 325i, 95 M3, 1997 325
    Sounds like your stop leak has clogged up in the system somewhere. I would try to force flush water through each part of your system.
    Washedit1 by thedude60526, on Flickr
    11/10's Racing
    94 325i #36/64 TEAM PENISTON OILS/ LARSENS BISCUITS

My Cars
    bmw 328i sport coupe
    thanks i will try anything at this point to get this working

to the top more advice please

My Cars
    318is, GSX-R1000
    How did you get it to stop leaking? Rad weld as in an external aluminum weld or something added into the coolant to stop leaks?

BTW, welcome.

P.S. I dont think animated signatures are allowed, might want to check before you get it disabled...

My Cars
    1992 E36 318
    I have the same problem, do you think that the Rad is clogged?

My Cars
    318is, GSX-R1000
    I would avoid pour in rad sealers at all costs in the future, you can never get all of that crap out and it resticts flow...

If it were me I would spend the money and replace the entire coolant system, ie. pump, thermostat, switch, hoses if needed, rad if needed, belt too. The cooling systems on these cars should be refreshed from time to time and as yours is giving your greif, no better time than now.

If money is a factor, try the t-stat first, see if the rad is restricted while you are in there. Pump next, I guess. Personally I wouldnt take any chances, do it all if you can. Too many good e36's have been damaged due to faulty coolant systems. good luck...