Thread: windsheild washer jets not working?

My Cars
    2000 E39 528i & 01 E46 325i both Auto

windsheild washer jets not working?

my 325i windshield washer jets are not working. I replaced the tank with a 330 tank as mine was cracked. But i was told it would work fine from the bmw wreaker and he has never been wrong before, so i thought i better see if it could be somthing else first. My tank only had one plug on the tank but the new one has 2. I guess the extra one is for headlight spray which my car does not have. I have my plug pluged in to the rear plug toward the firewall and not the one closest to the front bumper as this is were it was before. I cant hear the pump going as if it was out of fluid either. so i dont know if the problem is a faulty plug or a pump or if it is just not getting power. As every problem i have had with the car, i have found someone else with the same problem on here and they have given my the solution. I thought i would try again

My Cars
    2001 BMW 325ci 2007
    Frozen?

Long shot, but for some reason my nozzles freeze up.

My Cars
    1999 328i, 2004 330i
    whats the other plug connected up to?

My Cars
    2003 325CI
    Wierd. My 2003 325ci has the same problem. I was planning on taking it to the dealer. I thought it was out of fluid at first. It does not seem to be frozen.

My Cars
    '05 330Ci M Performance
    If the fluid's frozen you'll still hear the pump buzzing away.

My Cars
    E46 325i DD
    So you pull the lever and the pump doesn't engage? Have someone pull the lever while you are looking at the pump under the hood; you can even pull it out of the tank and see if it runs while the lever is being pulled. If nothing happens the pump has gone bad (assuming the fuse is not blown). Go to your dealer and get a new pump; they are not that expensive and the universal ones from NAPA are crap. They plug in very easily and you should be good to go. The pumps do fail and are easily replaced. I had a pump go out on my E46 M3 and my E36 328is. If the pump is going when you are under the hood it means it is good, then your nozzles are either frozen or they are clogged. The lines run under the hood liner which is very easy to remove. once under there you will see there are filters in the lines. The filters and/or the nozzles could be clogged. The 330 tank should not be an issue as long as the extra hole is plugged up. Good luck!
    All my Ms are sold.
    E46 323 - Sold
    E46 M3 - Sold
    E36 328is - Sold
    E36 M3 - Sold
    E46 325i - Sold
    E90 335i - Sold
    E90 335i - Sold
    E30 325i Convertible - Fun

My Cars
    bmw 325i
    my washer pump just went out.replace with a new one and it works now.I have a 2001 with 110,000miles.

paid about $22.00 online and it was easy to install.took about 5 minutes.I would get a new grommet/filter if you replace the pump.