Thread: Need help with third brake light (Yes, I've searched, and looked at manual) Pics

My Cars
    E46, TLC

Need help with third brake light (Yes, I've searched, and looked at manual) Pics

From my understanding, I can turn the light housing 1/4 turn or so then it should pop down?
    It was extremely hard to get this thing to turn, and now that I have it there I can't manage to get it down. I've tried just about everything I can think of, I've turned it to the right then left many times, wiggled the crap out of it, and I even got frustrated enough to use some pliers, but no luck. I did manage to get the bottom of the housing to pop off on accident with the players but it doesn't look like anything some superglue can't fix.
    I'm driving back from colorado to pittsburgh this weekend so I'd really appreciate some advice.

Do I have it turned far enough?
    Should I just yank it harder straight down?

It's hard to take a god cell phone picture upside down in the dark with a flashlight in my mouth, but it should be enough to give you an idea.

Last edited by Mike540i; 12-18-2008 at 03:36 PM.

My Cars
    525i
    It is just a simple twist. wait for a couple of hours and get a fresh start and try it again.
    "Lieber Nurburgring als Ehering"

My Cars
    E46, TLC
    I had to stop by my indy shop to grab something and had one of the mechanics look at it, even though I pried at for about a half hour he reached under there and pulled it right out? I'm sure I loosened it up for him.