Thread: e46 328i vs Honda Civic Type R

My Cars
    e46 328i

e46 328i vs Honda Civic Type R

Just had a bit of a topend race with one.

I noticed a red Type R at the light and got behind it. He seemed to be cruising when the light changed. get to the next light, i get to his right and turn to see if he is interested in running. he doesnt notice me so i wind down the window and say "nice car". he notices me, turns down his radio, and I sez again "nice car".

He replies "thanks" and carries on. light changes and he is still cruising in the 80km/h zone. So i carry on to the next light where the road opens up for about 5km into a 100km/h zone.

He is now behind some traffic. Light changes to green and I take it upto just over 100km/h and I am about 500m ahead of the civic. Then I notice him get past the traffic and he seems to be going flat out and gaining on me quickly. I was in fifth, so I dropped to 4th and waited. He was about 5 CLs behind and still gaining when I floored it cos I was not sure if he gonna just fly by me. I got upto 200km/h and notice him drop behind by a few CLs. could not say by how much exactly at that speed with him being behind.

I expected a bit more from it. And figured he would definitely have me from a dig. On another note, my car got a bit bouncy around a bend, had the suspension checked recently and was advised to go for some low profile tires. I currently have Toyo 225/50/16's. Hoping to get some 18's soon.

Was a good kill I thought. Any thoughts?
    TEIN SS Coilover/De-Cat Exhaust/Alpine CDA-9833R/Focal 6.5" Splits/Kicker 12"/JBL GT75.4

My Cars
    14 i3 Rex, 09 Frontier
    was it the ek9 or ep3 CTR?

My Cars
    1985 745i
    civics are tough to tell. The majority are slow as hell, but there are some that have motor swaps, turbo, etc. that are quite fast.

It's also hard to tell if he was truly racing since he was behind you he entire time

My Cars
    e46 328i
    not sure which model it was. possible he was not racing me but just going flat out behind me.

had another incident on the same stretch back home yesterday. was a CLK63.
    this guy tailed me for about 5km. it looked awesome. was in white with no plates on. he kept with my "racing line", if I can call it that, until we got to the open stretch. was hoping to get murdered by this beast.

anyway, we got up to about 200km/h as well with him just tailing me. I dunno. at the next light, I change my lane so we can get side by side. I wanted to chat to him a little. guess what, he stops at my rear door! i slide down the window and wave to him to come forward. he ignores me. light changes and I cruise. he passes and cruises. i then speed up and he follows me again...I ignored him. What a beatiful car, too bad the driver was a snob!
    TEIN SS Coilover/De-Cat Exhaust/Alpine CDA-9833R/Focal 6.5" Splits/Kicker 12"/JBL GT75.4

My Cars
    Z3
    Damn you and your metric system.

My Cars
    1997 Dakar M3 Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
    Damn you and your metric system.
    Lol! thats what i was thinkin

I raced an 06 civic with a turbo the other day in my e36 M3 stock, surprisingly i hung with it. he got up on me by about half a car length but he jumped to early at the light. We took it to about 125 before we both backed off

My Cars
    1996 328ic/2001 M3
    Damn, South Africa.. One day Ill visit, Id like to travel around the world just to see how drivers will respond to my explicit driving, lol dubai is on the list too..
    Religion has actually convinced people that there is an invisible man,
    living in the sky, who watches everything you do, every minute of
    every day; and the invisible man has a special list of 10 things he
    does not want you to do; and if you do any of these 10 things, he has
    a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and
    anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke
    and scream and cry, forever and ever, until the end of time. But he
    loves you. He loves you. He loves you and HE NEEDS MONEY.
    -George Carlin

My Cars
    e46 328i
    Haha! we have a serious road rage problem here! ppl get killed, get followed home and beaten up. its crazeee!

as for Dubai u gonna need a V8/SUV type vehicle to have your way on the roads. they also have some issues. traffic and traffic cameras are a nightmare there, with fines going to US$5000 for a traffic light violation cos of the huge number of SUV's t-boning other vehicles by going thro' red lights.

but u will definitely love the variety of cars in Gulf.

My Cars
    2006 Cobalt SS/SC
    Quote Originally Posted by ffkk View Post
    traffic and traffic cameras are a nightmare there, with fines going to US$5000 for a traffic light violation cos of the huge number of SUV's t-boning other vehicles by going thro' red lights.
    For Allah? Sorry...

That's crazy...it must be like driving in New Delhi, but with Escalades and Mercs rather than bicycles and rickshaws.

My Cars
    e46 328i
    India is on a whole other level. A buddy of moved there about 3 years ago to establish some Toll roads. he brought back some crazy pix. it's currently a 2 road highway but there are about 5 lanes created by users which are shared with bicycles, cows, donkeys etc.

My Cars
    14 i3 Rex, 09 Frontier
    i wouldn't call the ep3 CTR, which i think is the one you are referring to, a beast in any sense of the word. it uses the same k20a that is used in the rsx-s so its not too much quicker than the current Si.

in top end on hwy it still should have walked your car however.

My Cars
    2000 328i SP, 49K miles

Nice

328i FTW!

My Cars
    1996 328ic/2001 M3
    Jeezz, I didnt know they had all that stuff in dubai from all the vids Ive seen posted of all the exotic cars FLYING down the roads.. The only place Ive been to where ppl dont really care how fast you go is Kuwait. I went there as part of a detail for the Army and I ended up riding in one of the american contractors ZO6 down to the mall and Good God I have never seen so much disregard for traffic laws. BEST TIME OF MY LIFE!
    Religion has actually convinced people that there is an invisible man,
    living in the sky, who watches everything you do, every minute of
    every day; and the invisible man has a special list of 10 things he
    does not want you to do; and if you do any of these 10 things, he has
    a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and
    anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke
    and scream and cry, forever and ever, until the end of time. But he
    loves you. He loves you. He loves you and HE NEEDS MONEY.
    -George Carlin

My Cars
    e46 328i
    that musta been fun! there are plenty of roads that are not monitored for ppl to have fun too! going again to the Gulf in April. Hope summer dont come too early, cos I will be on the road alot.

My Cars
    2003 330i
    well the civic type R should be faster than a 328i especially if its a japanese spec they come with approx 215bhp its much more powerfull than a civic si, they come with 6 speed instead of 5 speed si. they should be able to pull a manual 328i in stock form.
    04 350Z 5AT

Perfomance Mods: HKS TI TD Exhaust, XERD LT headers, UPREV ECU tune, UPREV TCU tune, NISMO thermostat, UR ltw pullies, K&N CAI, 6sp 3.5 lsd diff, Skunk plenum spacer, MREV2 , BC STAGE 2 Cams

Exterior Mods: Nismo V1 spoiler, lower springs tomei, Depo z led tailights, 18" staggered 225/45/18 fronts 275/35/18 rears