Thread: Track Prep for BMWACA Track Day next Monday the 9th

My Cars
    2006 530i and 2006 330i

Smile Track Prep for BMWACA Track Day next Monday the 9th

We made some changes to the HPF M3 for the upcoming BMWACA Track Day at PIR. We dropped the rear another 2" to get the car more level front to rear and get closer to 50-50 weight distribution. We're adding more camber to the car, and we put in brand new slotted rotors and Cobalt XR2 brake pads at the recommendation of Eddie Nakato. We also switched back to a hotter Denso IXU24 plug since we're always running race fuel because the NGK's were loading up when we would get stuck behind traffic. We also increased the boost slightly since we're getting good traction in 3rd already.

If anyone wants to come check it out, we'll see you there. Here are a couple pictures.

HorsepowerFreaks.com
    12905 NE Airport Way
    Portland, OR 97230
    (503) 256-5600
    BMW Performance Parts
    Product questions or to purchase - sales@horsepowerfreaks.com

My Cars
    '13 E92 M3; '11 E82 1M..
    Why isn't the front brought down to keep the rear more functional... or is the body flaring just that intense that it widens as well as cuts into the wheel arch?

My Cars
    damn... I think I know what My next track car will be.maybe not wide body... but i want/need 800whp to give the guy in the zr1 a run for the money.

I wonder how a turbo M3 would do at say 12hours of sebring or 24 @ daytona?
    "If you can leave black marks from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." --Mark Donohue

My Cars
    2006 530i and 2006 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by FastrTHNu View Post
    damn... I think I know what My next track car will be.maybe not wide body... but i want/need 800whp to give the guy in the zr1 a run for the money.

I wonder how a turbo M3 would do at say 12hours of sebring or 24 @ daytona?
    We have several customers of various stages "including ourselves" tracking our cars full out for five 20 minute sessions in a day (1:20 total) and have done this for lots of track days. I'm not sure if anything would be necessary at 12 or 24 hours, but we would love to see someone do it.

Chris.

HorsepowerFreaks.com
    12905 NE Airport Way
    Portland, OR 97230
    (503) 256-5600
    BMW Performance Parts
    Product questions or to purchase - sales@horsepowerfreaks.com

My Cars
    I have a 6hour enduro coming up in November with NASA @ summit point. Just gotta find an e46 m3 now.

How many shops in the north east are hpf dealers? I'm not looking for one but am thinking it would be nice to be one. Holtmotorsports dot com is me.
    "If you can leave black marks from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." --Mark Donohue